Old 22-05-2013, 04:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default fish sticks?

On Tue, 21 May 2013 20:09:14 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .
Why do you care how he refers to his wife? Isn't that only his and
her business and not the business of everyone on this newsgroup?
Obviously he doesn't mean it in the manner you are referring to.

I don't really care but... He keeps using that derogatory term here. It
becomes the business of people on the newsgroup when he keeps posting it
here. He may not mean it in that manner but that is the manner in which
most other people take it. Apparently not most others on this newsgroup be
the general population.

I just don't understand the need to keep making all these references to his
wife and how she looks and stuff. That's not Germaine to the questions he
is asking so why does he keep bringing it up?

You seem to be the only one here taking it as a negative term. As for
his references to how his wife looks, I have to say it's refreshing
to see a gentleman so enamored of his wife after 38 years. You should
be so lucky. I still think it's not anyone's business how he refers
to his wife.

Old 22-05-2013, 04:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" wrote in message

You seem to be the only one here taking it as a negative term. As for
his references to how his wife looks, I have to say it's refreshing
to see a gentleman so enamored of his wife after 38 years. You should
be so lucky. I still think it's not anyone's business how he refers
to his wife.

Me either, unless he's calling her foul names, then it would be. :-)

Cheri
Old 22-05-2013, 04:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" wrote in message
news
You seem to be the only one here taking it as a negative term. As for
his references to how his wife looks, I have to say it's refreshing
to see a gentleman so enamored of his wife after 38 years. You should
be so lucky. I still think it's not anyone's business how he refers
to his wife.

Yes I do see to be and I am baffled as to why. Could it be a regional
thing? Because here in WA that's not a nice thing to say at all.

I should be so lucky? No thanks. Enamored is not another thing I want
someone to be with me. I prefer to live realistically.

You could think it's not anyone's business but it's everyone's business when
he makes such statements publicly.

Old 22-05-2013, 04:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/21/2013 08:30 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
Hi Cheri,

I have been marries for more than twice as many years
as I have been single. When I look back to when I was
single, it seems as if a part of me is missing.

And, with that, I have a date with you-know-who
to watch videos and eat dinner, so I should
hurry up and finish my office work and get home!

-T

Next year, we will celebrate our 50th, so I can't remember when I was
single. :-)

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

50! Wow!

-T
Old 22-05-2013, 04:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Karen" wrote in message
You seem to be the only one here taking it as a negative term. As for
his references to how his wife looks, I have to say it's refreshing
to see a gentleman so enamored of his wife after 38 years. You should
be so lucky. I still think it's not anyone's business how he refers
to his wife.

Me either, unless he's calling her foul names, then it would be. :-)

To me that is akin to a foul name.

Old 22-05-2013, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Doris Night" wrote in message
So how does your husband refer to you? The old ball and chain? The
little missus? The better half? The old lady? SWMBO?

His wife! Because that's what I am. I dislike all of those other terms
that you used, in particular SWMBO. Why do people feel the need to come up
with cutesy terms for people? I never felt that need and the use of
nicknames in our house was very much frowned on when I was growing up. My
parents even get angry when we use a name for my husband that I won't post
here. It is something that Angela called him when she was little. It was
Dada___. It's not a bad word by any means but it wouldn't make sense to
anyone here. So I won't get into it. They do get angry about it though and
tell us not to call him that because it is not his name. Likewise, my MIL
used to get angry with my husband when he called our daughter nicknames. I
do have some nicknames for Angela, none of them bad but it ticks my mom off
when I call her these. Angela doesn't mind.

I'd probably blush and giggle a bit if my husband referred to me as
arm candy. Plus I'd maybe suggest that he come upstairs with me for a
little while.

Well, I wouldn't! I wouldn't want people to think of me as that. Ugh. And
arm candy is usually not a person you are romantically involved with. They
are just for show. For the public.

What he does call me sometimes is "girl". As in "OK girl, lets go
home." I'm 60, and we've been married for 40 years, so I'm far from a
girl, but I love it when he does that.

Oooh. That's another thing that bugs the peewaddins out of me. I am *not*
a girl! I have referred to women as "gals" and that term is derogatory to
some people. I don't see how but I try not to use it now. I do sometimes
slip up though.

Old 22-05-2013, 07:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

If I had stayed with my first husband it would have been 43 years this
month. I so love being single for a lot of reasons. One reason is
probably strange to some but I am glad I am single heading into my
dotage because I don't ever want the nightmare of losing an almost
life-long partner (if they had died before me of course).

Old 22-05-2013, 10:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
If I had stayed with my first husband it would have been 43 years this
month. I so love being single for a lot of reasons. One reason is probably
strange to some but I am glad I am single heading into my dotage because I
don't ever want the nightmare of losing an almost life-long partner (if
they had died before me of course).

Being single *and* having no kids is sooo much easier. But easier isn't
always better. Just different.

Old 22-05-2013, 01:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-arhive: yes

On 5/21/2013 8:51 PM, Cheri wrote:

Walla! ;-)

ROFL...

Wah LAH!

Or Voy LAH for those who have to pronounce every letter.

Susan
Old 22-05-2013, 02:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Doris Night" wrote in message
So how does your husband refer to you? The old ball and chain? The
little missus? The better half? The old lady? SWMBO?

His wife! Because that's what I am. I dislike all of those other terms
that you used, in particular SWMBO. Why do people feel the need to come
up

Well, I do agree there. I do not care for SWMBO at all. I also don't like
"the little woman" and "my old lady."

Cheri

Old 22-05-2013, 04:03 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Karen" wrote in message
: ...
: Why do you care how he refers to his wife? Isn't that only his and
: her business and not the business of everyone on this newsgroup?
: Obviously he doesn't mean it in the manner you are referring to.

: I don't really care but... He keeps using that derogatory term here. It
: becomes the business of people on the newsgroup when he keeps posting it
: here. He may not mean it in that manner but that is the manner in which
: most other people take it. Apparently not most others on this newsgroup be
: the general population.

: I just don't understand the need to keep making all these references to his
: wife and how she looks and stuff. That's not Germaine to the questions he
: is asking so why does he keep bringing it up?

It is germaine because he is tryng to find a way to respond inkind to the
kindness f his wife who is eting his lowcarb diabetic diet as a support
measure. He wants to give her the pleasure of a food that looks too caby,
so he wants to find a recipe or method. Hiw references to his first adn
trophy wife are showing us how much he loves her and why he wants to help
her.

Wendy

Old 22-05-2013, 04:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: What he does call me sometimes is "girl". As in "OK girl, lets go
: home." I'm 60, and we've been married for 40 years, so I'm far from a
: girl, but I love it when he does that.

: Oooh. That's another thing that bugs the peewaddins out of me. I am *not*
: a girl! I have referred to women as "gals" and that term is derogatory to
: some people. I don't see how but I try not to use it now. I do sometimes
: slip up though.

I don't know. Often, on Saturday nights I get together with three other
widow to watch a rented flim and eat popcorn and/or fruit. I refer to it
as "girls night out." We are aged 71- 8????? and still kicking.

Wendy
Old 22-05-2013, 06:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/20/2013 07:09 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)

The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
She really hates fish too.

I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?

Many thanks,
-T

Hi All,

For seasoning, I am thinking either straight S&P or
a mixture of S&P, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder.

Any recommendations/advice?

-T
Old 22-05-2013, 06:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 05/20/2013 07:09 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)

The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
She really hates fish too.

I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?

Many thanks,
-T

Hi All,

For seasoning, I am thinking either straight S&P or
a mixture of S&P, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder.

Any recommendations/advice?

When I bread things, I season the breading mixture with salt, pepper,
and an Italian herb mix. I also add paprika, because it aids in browning.

Honestly, you should experiment with different combinations instead of
asking us. You seem to have definite tastes, that we can't anticipate.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Old 22-05-2013, 07:05 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/22/2013 10:55 AM, Alice Faber wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

[...]

Thank you!

Hmmmm. Paprika is rather delicate

Breaded fish sticks Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 39 29-11-2013 10:30 PM
recipe request "fish" sticks Car Isaacs Vegan 1 17-11-2007 10:31 PM
Dreaded fish sticks. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 79 05-03-2007 09:23 PM
tea sticks I ski for free Tea 3 27-08-2005 07:58 AM
tea sticks I ski for free Tea 0 24-08-2005 08:18 PM