Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Sugar free flour free peanut butter cookies

Has anyone tried this recipe and if so did you like it?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-F...utter-Cookies/

I am having extreme trouble getting Angela to take any form of protein in
her lunch and she'll give me a million excuses why she can't. I thought if
these were actually good, I would try making them with Sunseed butter since
she can't have peanut butter. But Splenda is expensive and that's a darned
lot of it! Not even sure I have that much in the house. If ya'll say that
they are good, I might make a half batch to start.

And if you have made these, do you think the addition of vanilla would help?
Or maybe some form of chocolate? Although the only thing I have like that
currently is cocoa powder.

She complained about the vegan fudge that I made because she said it tasted
too much of sunseed butter. And that it didn't taste very sweet. And it
didn't but I liked it because I don't really like sweet things.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Has anyone tried this recipe and if so did you like it?
>
> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-F...utter-Cookies/
>
> I am having extreme trouble getting Angela to take any form of protein in
> her lunch and she'll give me a million excuses why she can't. I thought if
> these were actually good, I would try making them with Sunseed butter since
> she can't have peanut butter. But Splenda is expensive and that's a darned
> lot of it! Not even sure I have that much in the house. If ya'll say that
> they are good, I might make a half batch to start.
>
> And if you have made these, do you think the addition of vanilla would help?
> Or maybe some form of chocolate? Although the only thing I have like that
> currently is cocoa powder.
>
> She complained about the vegan fudge that I made because she said it tasted
> too much of sunseed butter. And that it didn't taste very sweet. And it
> didn't but I liked it because I don't really like sweet things.

I don't remember which recipe I used, but I did make flour-free peanut
butter cookies once, using Splenda. They were more crumbly than if they
had been made with sugar, but they tasted good. Since I have no idea
what Sunseed butter is, I can't comment on how that substitution would
affect the recipe.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried this recipe and if so did you like it?
>>
>> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-F...utter-Cookies/
>>
>> I am having extreme trouble getting Angela to take any form of protein in
>> her lunch and she'll give me a million excuses why she can't. I thought
>> if
>> these were actually good, I would try making them with Sunseed butter
>> since
>> she can't have peanut butter. But Splenda is expensive and that's a
>> darned
>> lot of it! Not even sure I have that much in the house. If ya'll say
>> that
>> they are good, I might make a half batch to start.
>>
>> And if you have made these, do you think the addition of vanilla would
>> help?
>> Or maybe some form of chocolate? Although the only thing I have like
>> that
>> currently is cocoa powder.
>>
>> She complained about the vegan fudge that I made because she said it
>> tasted
>> too much of sunseed butter. And that it didn't taste very sweet. And it
>> didn't but I liked it because I don't really like sweet things.
>>

> I don't remember which recipe I used, but I did make flour-free peanut
> butter cookies once, using Splenda. They were more crumbly than if they
> had been made with sugar, but they tasted good. Since I have no idea
> what Sunseed butter is, I can't comment on how that substitution would
> affect the recipe.

It's sunflower seed butter. Angela can't have peanuts and this is one of the
best substitutes for peanut butter. I don't like it myself but she does.

SUGAR FREE COOKIES Dan Diabetic 5 18-08-2011 02:49 PM
Making no flour peanut butter cookies.. ravenlynne[_5_] General Cooking 14 22-12-2010 02:50 AM
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies- No Flour! Sabrina McIntyre Recipes (moderated) 0 24-11-2007 07:04 PM
sugar free chocolate cake with peanut butter icing? Anthony Davis General Cooking 3 02-11-2006 03:56 AM
100% Peanut Free Unbleached Bread Flour Master Chef Richard Campbell Baking 1 26-08-2005 01:32 PM