Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Garlic crusher follow up

> I don't like the bitterness of pressed garlic, I use my chef's knife.
>
> But a lot of folks like this little thingie: > http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Rocker-.../dp/B003Y3AZSM
>
> Susan

Hi All,

A while back I asked about garlic crushers. Susan gave me a really
great link. But she also mentioned her knife. She corrupted me.

Ever since, I peal the clove, then slice it into somewhat thin
pieces. (Not so thin that it stops being fun.) Then I saute
the slices in whatever oil or fat I am cooking in. The
finished product comes out really nicely (I have noticed that
powdered garlic seems to just boil off and leave no flavor.)

When ever I have crunched down on the fried/sauted slices, they
are so very mind that they are just part of what the seasoned.

What am I missing here? Is there even any need for a crusher?
It seems to me a crusher is just one more thing to wash?

Many thanks,
-T

Okay, how many of you, when you read this, yelled at me to
stop playing with your food?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: > I don't like the bitterness of pressed garlic, I use my chef's knife.
: >
[...]

You are not missing anything. You can also do two other things with teh knife and the
garlic, Smash the peeled clove(s) with the flat side of the knife ad then chop(with the
knife) the pieces of the clove . You can also make a tiny dice by making the thin slices,
but leving them not quite sliced through, then making one cross cut the length of the
clove and then slicing through to make little diced pieces.

Wendy