Old 19-03-2013, 12:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you put in your omelets?

Hi All,

What do you guys put in your omelets?

-T

Old 19-03-2013, 01:33 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: What do you guys put in your omelets?

: -T

Eggs. I am not a Vegan.

Sometime cheese, cometimes onions and/or mushrooms, sometimes fresh herbs
or chives(in summer), sometimes smoked salmon.

Wendy
Old 19-03-2013, 01:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

What do you guys put in your omelets?

Cheese, veggies, and salsa.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Old 19-03-2013, 02:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/18/2013 06:33 PM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: What do you guys put in your omelets?

: -T

Eggs. I am not a Vegan.

Sometime cheese, cometimes onions and/or mushrooms, sometimes fresh herbs
or chives(in summer), sometimes smoked salmon.

Wendy

Thank you!

I have tried onions. Never come out so good. I am
probably doing them wrong. (I am no better a cook than
a farmer.) How do you do them?

-T
Old 19-03-2013, 02:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/18/2013 06:42 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

What do you guys put in your omelets?

Cheese, veggies, and salsa.

Cool. Thank you.

Do you make your own salsa?

-T

Old 19-03-2013, 03:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Hi All,

What do you guys put in your omelets?

Cheese, veggies, and salsa.

Cool. Thank you.

Do you make your own salsa?

No. I get either Trader Joes or some stuff at my local farmstand;
neither is a mass-market brand with lots of sugar, etc.

Old 19-03-2013, 03:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/18/2013 08:15 PM, Alice Faber wrote:

wrote:

Hi All,

What do you guys put in your omelets?

Cheese, veggies, and salsa.

Cool. Thank you.

Do you make your own salsa?

No. I get either Trader Joes or some stuff at my local farmstand;
neither is a mass-market brand with lots of sugar, etc.

Rats. No recipe.

Thank you!

-T
Old 19-03-2013, 04:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ham, cheese, asparagus.

My absolute best was a Mediterranean style : had to look at my
Facebook pics to remember what was in it, lol.

"This was delicious! I had some leftover salsa from the kids' burritos I
did tonight. Spread some of that on the omelet when it was almost cooked
and topped it with spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic, dried tomatoes,
olives and crumbled feta."

sautéed onions with crispy bacon, mushrooms cooked in butter and canned
crush tomatoes (heated up).

Last week, I put some left-over chilli con carne on the omelet and
grated cheeses.

So many things go with omelet

Has anyone mentioned frittatas to you? I eat one a week. Make one up and
have 1/4 of it each day in a row. Have it hot with salad at dinner.

Old 19-03-2013, 04:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I always pre sauté onion. I wait til an omelet is almost cooked, spread
fillings on half and fold over. Turn the heat down so it finishes
cooking slowly and any cheeses melt and fillings heat. I generally
preheat some fillings. I know people who mix everything into the omelet
mixture before it is put in the pan, I prefer not.

Old 19-03-2013, 04:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/18/2013 09:07 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
I always pre sauté onion. I wait til an omelet is almost cooked, spread
fillings on half and fold over. Turn the heat down so it finishes
cooking slowly and any cheeses melt and fillings heat. I generally
preheat some fillings. I know people who mix everything into the omelet
mixture before it is put in the pan, I prefer not.

Hi Ozgirl,

Thank you. I need this kind of instruction. Very much
appreciated!

-T

Old 19-03-2013, 04:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
Ham, cheese, asparagus.

My absolute best was a Mediterranean style : had to look at my
Facebook pics to remember what was in it, lol.

"This was delicious! I had some leftover salsa from the kids'
burritos I did tonight. Spread some of that on the omelet when it was
almost cooked and topped it with spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic,
dried tomatoes, olives and crumbled feta."

sautéed onions with crispy bacon, mushrooms cooked in butter and
canned crush tomatoes (heated up).

Last week, I put some left-over chilli con carne on the omelet and
grated cheeses.

So many things go with omelet

Has anyone mentioned frittatas to you? I eat one a week. Make one up
and have 1/4 of it each day in a row. Have it hot with salad at
dinner.

I was shocked last week to see Lidia Bastianich make a frittata that didn't
go in the oven! She just made it on the stove in a skillet. I always
thought they had to go in the oven! I tried making one once. The kind that
goes in the oven. When I tried to put the plate over the skillet then flip
it over, the plate slipped. It fell and broke and the frittata went
everywhere. Never tried that again.

Old 19-03-2013, 09:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: What do you guys put in your omelets?

: -T

Eggs. I am not a Vegan.

Sometime cheese, cometimes onions and/or mushrooms, sometimes fresh herbs
or chives(in summer), sometimes smoked salmon.

Wendy

Thank you!

I have tried onions. Never come out so good. I am
probably doing them wrong. (I am no better a cook than
a farmer.) How do you do them?

-T

Try a chopped scallion instead. I never pre-cook the vegs,
vary between mixing them in or scattering over in the pan.

Old 19-03-2013, 01:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: On 03/18/2013 06:33 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: Todd wrote:
: : Hi All,
:
: : What do you guys put in your omelets?
:
: : -T
:
: Eggs. I am not a Vegan.
:
: Sometime cheese, cometimes onions and/or mushrooms, sometimes fresh herbs
: or chives(in summer), sometimes smoked salmon.
:
: Wendy
:

: Thank you!

: I have tried onions. Never come out so good. I am
: probably doing them wrong. (I am no better a cook than
: a farmer.) How do you do them?

: -T

I lightly saute them , remove them from the pan and put in the beaten
seasoned(s&p) eggs, and as they cook, put the onions on top all around so,
whenthe omelette gets foded, they are the filling. Same with mushroomsor
green peppers or tomatoes.

Wendy
Old 19-03-2013, 07:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: What do you guys put in your omelets?

: -T

Eggs. I am not a Vegan.

Sometime cheese, cometimes onions and/or mushrooms, sometimes fresh herbs
or chives(in summer), sometimes smoked salmon.

Wendy

Thank you!

I have tried onions. Never come out so good. I am
probably doing them wrong. (I am no better a cook than
a farmer.) How do you do them?

-T

Try a chopped scallion instead. I never pre-cook the vegs,
vary between mixing them in or scattering over in the pan.

Hi Bjørn,

Thank you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scallion

We have something called a green onion. Looks the same.
Do you use the whole plant or just the bulb?

-T

Omelets DreadfulBitch General Cooking 57 20-07-2014 02:20 AM
Julia Child's Omelets cybercat General Cooking 77 14-12-2009 10:33 PM
Overstuffed Omelets aem General Cooking 42 26-11-2007 07:54 PM
Ke Al-Ssam (Korean Crab Meat Omelets) Jenn Bartimus[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 31-08-2007 06:53 AM