Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you put in your omelets?

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:17:54 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 04/04/2013 06:20 PM, Bob Bloggs wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:54:16 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> What do you guys put in your omelets?
>>>
>>> -T

>> Eggs and cactus or green chilies
>>

>Hi Bob,
>
>Thank you.
>
>What kind of green chilies? All the green chilies I find in
>the stores are gross. (A local sandwich shop has really
>great ones, but I feel a bit rude asking for the brand.)
>
>Cactus? Elucidate!
>
>-T

Sorry it has been so long to get back here. Tp answer the questions.
I live in New Mexico in an area where may chili farm are located.
North of here is a twon called HATCH which bills itself as the Chili
Capital of the World. But being lazy we get locally prepaided and
canned chillies. At my age I do not need the extra work.

For the cactus, the usual is Nopletos (sp?). I have four of them
growing here at the house. But again I get them in a jar allready to
go.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/05/2013 03:50 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> pickled jalapenos ... So... that novel solved your chilli question?

Yes. Thank you!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/06/2013 10:17 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Opple Ipad > wrote:

>>> Hi Bob,
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> What kind of green chilies? All the green chilies I find in
>>> the stores are gross. (A local sandwich shop has really
>>> great ones, but I feel a bit rude asking for the brand.)
>>>
>>> Cactus? Elucidate!
>>>
>>> -T

>> Cactus = prickly pear (most people will use this)
>> But there are more edible types including the fruit of the cactus.
>> http://vimeo.com/26493854
>>
>> Any chili's you like really. For omelets I prefer fresh chili's not
>> pickled or canned.

> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3276479
> Hypoglycemic effect of Opuntia streptacantha Lemaire in NIDDM

Fascinating! Thank you.

Question: do you precook your poblanos? Or do you just remove the
seeds and toss em on?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/08/2013 04:33 PM, Bob Bloggs wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:17:54 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>>> Eggs and cactus or green chilies
>>>

>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> What kind of green chilies? All the green chilies I find in
>> the stores are gross. (A local sandwich shop has really
>> great ones, but I feel a bit rude asking for the brand.)
>>
>> Cactus? Elucidate!
>>
>> -T

> Sorry it has been so long to get back here. Tp answer the questions.
> I live in New Mexico in an area where may chili farm are located.
> North of here is a twon called HATCH which bills itself as the Chili
> Capital of the World. But being lazy we get locally prepaided and
> canned chillies. At my age I do not need the extra work.
>
> For the cactus, the usual is Nopletos (sp?). I have four of them
> growing here at the house. But again I get them in a jar allready to
> go.

Thank you!
Experienced Member

Location: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

What do you guys put in your omelets?

-T

When I cook omelets I usually put tomatoes, onions, garlic and then other herbs on it. Sometimes I put mayo with it and a lot of pepper(I love pepper).

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/09/2013 09:04 AM, elementsresto wrote:
> Todd;1822342 Wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> What do you guys put in your omelets?
>>
>> -T

> When I cook omelets I usually put tomatoes, onions, garlic and then
> other herbs on it. Sometimes I put mayo with it and a lot of pepper(I
> love pepper).

Hi Elementsresto,

Thank you!

Omelets are a good disposal for leftovers too.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/06/2013 10:17 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Opple Ipad > wrote:

>>> Hi Bob,
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> What kind of green chilies? All the green chilies I find in
>>> the stores are gross. (A local sandwich shop has really
>>> great ones, but I feel a bit rude asking for the brand.)
>>>
>>> Cactus? Elucidate!
>>>
>>> -T

>> Cactus = prickly pear (most people will use this)
>> But there are more edible types including the fruit of the cactus.
>> http://vimeo.com/26493854
>>
>> Any chili's you like really. For omelets I prefer fresh chili's not
>> pickled or canned.

> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3276479
> Hypoglycemic effect of Opuntia streptacantha Lemaire in NIDDM

In pill form:
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...50-mg-180-caps
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:55:35 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 04/06/2013 10:17 PM, Billy wrote:
>> In article >,

>>> Cactus = prickly pear (most people will use this)
>>> But there are more edible types including the fruit of the cactus.
>>> http://vimeo.com/26493854
>>>
>>> Any chili's you like really. For omelets I prefer fresh chili's not
>>> pickled or canned.

>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3276479
>> Hypoglycemic effect of Opuntia streptacantha Lemaire in NIDDM
>>

>In pill form:

Feel free to use pills in "your" omelets. I'll use the real thing in
mine.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/17/2013 06:07 PM, Opple0pad wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:55:35 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>
>> On 04/06/2013 10:17 PM, Billy wrote:

>>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3276479
>>> Hypoglycemic effect of Opuntia streptacantha Lemaire in NIDDM
>>>

>> In pill form:

> Feel free to use pills in "your" omelets. I'll use the real thing in
> mine.

Pills for the Hypo effect.

Can't find the "Real Thing" in the store. Where do you get yours?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 04/17/2013 06:07 PM, Opple0pad wrote:

> >> In pill form:

> > Feel free to use pills in "your" omelets. I'll use the real thing in
> > mine.

> Pills for the Hypo effect.
>
> Can't find the "Real Thing" in the store. Where do you get yours?
>
> -T

I think with that one, you will need to buy the plant from a reputable
nursery. It's not easy tell one Opuntia from the others, unless it's
pink.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/18/2013 02:30 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:

>>> Feel free to use pills in "your" omelets. I'll use the real thing in
>>> mine.

>> Pills for the Hypo effect.
>>
>> Can't find the "Real Thing" in the store. Where do you get yours?
>>
>> -T

> I think with that one, you will need to buy the plant from a reputable
> nursery. It's not easy tell one Opuntia from the others, unless it's
> pink.

Thank you. Good Idea. I think I know right where to put it.

Isn't a cactus something you give to an ex-wife (don't got
one, thankfully) on her birthday? :-)

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:35:22 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>Can't find the "Real Thing" in the store. Where do you get yours?
>
>-T

In the vegetable section in any grocery, at farmer's markets, in my
own back yard.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/19/2013 10:24 PM, Opple0pad wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:35:22 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>

>> Can't find the "Real Thing" in the store. Where do you get yours?
>>
>> -T

> In the vegetable section in any grocery, at farmer's markets, in my
> own back yard.

You have better stores than I do.

Questions: on your home grown cactus, do you only eat the fruit?
Or do you eat the leaves too? Do the fruit have thorns as well?
And, what do they taste like?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 00:02:43 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 04/19/2013 10:24 PM, Opple0pad wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:35:22 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>>

>>> Can't find the "Real Thing" in the store. Where do you get yours?
>>>
>>> -T

>> In the vegetable section in any grocery, at farmer's markets, in my
>> own back yard.
>>

>You have better stores than I do.
>
>Questions: on your home grown cactus, do you only eat the fruit?
>Or do you eat the leaves too? Do the fruit have thorns as well?
>And, what do they taste like?
>
>-T

I grow prickly pear. Thorns on both the leaves and the fruit, but
when ripe the thorns are easily scraped off the fruit. The fruit is a
nice sweet flavor. But it really should be fresh and ripe and cool.

If you want your prickly pear to grow tall, just cut notches in the
top edges and new leaves will sprout from there.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/26/2013 07:12 AM, Opple0pad wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 00:02:43 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>>> In the vegetable section in any grocery, at farmer's markets, in my
>>> own back yard.
>>>

>> You have better stores than I do.
>>
>> Questions: on your home grown cactus, do you only eat the fruit?
>> Or do you eat the leaves too? Do the fruit have thorns as well?
>> And, what do they taste like?
>>
>> -T
>>

> I grow prickly pear. Thorns on both the leaves and the fruit, but
> when ripe the thorns are easily scraped off the fruit. The fruit is a
> nice sweet flavor. But it really should be fresh and ripe and cool.
>
> If you want your prickly pear to grow tall, just cut notches in the
> top edges and new leaves will sprout from there.

Thank you!

Do you eat the leaves as well?

Member

i put a eag and onion in my omelets
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/27/2013 04:49 AM, Himali wrote:

> i put a eag and onion in my omelets

Hi Himali,

Thank you (for both the suggestion and the joke)!

What kind of onion? Do you precook the onion?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:36:47 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 04/26/2013 07:12 AM, Opple0pad wrote:

>>> You have better stores than I do.
>>>
>>> Questions: on your home grown cactus, do you only eat the fruit?
>>> Or do you eat the leaves too? Do the fruit have thorns as well?
>>> And, what do they taste like?
>>>
>>> -T
>>>

>> I grow prickly pear. Thorns on both the leaves and the fruit, but
>> when ripe the thorns are easily scraped off the fruit. The fruit is a
>> nice sweet flavor. But it really should be fresh and ripe and cool.
>>
>> If you want your prickly pear to grow tall, just cut notches in the
>> top edges and new leaves will sprout from there.
>>

>Thank you!
>
>Do you eat the leaves as well?

Yes.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Opple0pad > wrote:

Cute ;O)

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Monday, March 18, 2013 5:54:16 PM UTC-7, Todd wrote:
> Hi All, What do you guys put in your omelets? -T

< At the restaurant I cook at, my favorite omelletes are the Veggie Omellete adding a bit of bacon to it, made with cheddar cheese....YUMMY!

Experienced Member

Location: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

What do you guys put in your omelets?

-T

I put more spices and herbs. Sometimes I put mayo on it to add more texture and also peppers too.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Omelets DreadfulBitch General Cooking 57 20-07-2014 02:20 AM
Julia Child's Omelets cybercat General Cooking 77 14-12-2009 11:33 PM
Overstuffed Omelets aem General Cooking 42 26-11-2007 08:54 PM
Ke Al-Ssam (Korean Crab Meat Omelets) Jenn Bartimus[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 31-08-2007 06:53 AM