Old 19-03-2013, 04:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Todd wrote:
On 03/18/2013 07:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 03/18/2013 06:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Sorry I did not cite this as I thought you took biology in
college.

Oh. Putting me down again then? I dropped out of college after
the first
Semester or Trimester or whatever it was in those days. I did get
an A+ in
both my regular and advances Algebra in Hish School

Actually I remember you telling me you got an A+ in college Biology.
There was no insult intended. I certainly did not mean one.

Oh bull. I never would have said that. I dropped out of college! I
hated school.

You are correct, you did not mention college:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...e1aa2 7d77b8a

I am not an engineer and got a D in chemistry. But I got an
A+ in biology. "Sugar" is a very specific type of carb.
The term "carb" can encompass a wide variety of foods.
There are carbs in green beans, broccoli, even a tiny amount
in an egg.

I got a D in Chemistry too. In High School. Then when my brother took the
same course, I saw his book and said, "That's not what we did!" He replied,
"I know. They found out that they'd bought you guys the wrong book. It was
a college level book!"

I had thought that chemistry would be experiments. And it was when my
brother took it. When I took it, it was math. I only remember doing one
thing that came perhaps somewhat close to an experiment. It involved
weighing some things. I can't remember what though. But we used little
metal beads to weigh things with. Mostly the class was about memorizing the
chemical elements and something to do with moles. Never did figure out what
a mole was. My one friend got an A in the class. She was one of my lab
partners. She only got the A because she had a photographic memory and she
could parrot back what she read and or/ what was said. She did well in this
class because it was finite. She did not do well in other classes where you
had to read something and then interperet it in your own way.

I wasn't the only one who got a D. Most of the class did. That should have
tipped them off!

Old 19-03-2013, 04:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Doris Night wrote:
On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:20:45 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
On 03/18/2013 02:35 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Nonsenese! Please, please quit your lying! Please! Vegetarians
can eat dairy and eggs. Vegans do not. Vegans do not use any
animal products. Not
even leather. Vegetarians can use leather. Not all do.

Hi Julie,

I am not lying. We are using different definitions. Since
I did not know what your personal one was, I was using what I
thought was the common definition.

That's not *my* personal definition. As I said before, there are
three distinct types of vegetarians and one type of vegan. Granted
of the vegans, some eat raw foods and some do not. Even some
vegetarians only eat raw foods. But that's a different matter.

This is the definition I am using. Egg and dairy eaters
would fall under the definition of "Semi-vegetarians".
Apparently the "Vegetarian Society" (see below) doesn't
think they are vegetarians at all.

Oh nonsense! Just nonsense! Egg and dairy eaters (who abstain from
eating flesh) are VEGERTARIANS!

That was a typo. And I made another one further down. Typed "does" instead
of "goes".

Old 19-03-2013, 09:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

There were tribes in New Guinea that ate the brains of their ancestors
when they died and it led to unexplained sicknesses until it was found
that some diseases were being past on(like Mad COw)

Kuru. A prion disease just like Mad Cow.

(T-shirt from Montana: "At least our cows are sane." :-)

there have been cannibals too.

Old 19-03-2013, 07:44 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/19/2013 02:09 AM, Bjrn Steensrud wrote:
W. Baker wrote:

There were tribes in New Guinea that ate the brains of their ancestors
when they died and it led to unexplained sicknesses until it was found
that some diseases were being past on(like Mad COw)

Kuru. A prion disease just like Mad Cow.

(T-shirt from Montana: "At least our cows are sane." :-)

there have been cannibals too.

It is pretty easy to tell if a cow has Mad Cow disease. Here
is a short video on how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gi5IEjeH6E

:-)

-T

Old 20-03-2013, 12:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
Bjørn Steensrud wrote:

Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:

Billy wrote:

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/11/2013 03:15 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I
have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug
of milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the
summer.

PP

Hi PP,

Thank you!

I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.

-T

Get a heavy, non-stick, omelet pan.

and use butter, not oil. If I use butter there is no stick problem on the
cast-iron skillet I use. And lifting the skillet is strength exercise ...
I heard the eggs should be left out of the fridge overnight, for the
fluffiest omelette.

Lastly, try to find "real" free range (pastured) eggs. The fresher the
eggs, and the butter are the better, said Mme. Annette Poulard.

I always do. They are marked "ecological" here, the "free range" marking
just means that the hens are shut in a large barn instead of individual
cages. "Eco" means among other factors that weather permitting they can go
outside. Price is just a bit higher but quite affordable.

In real eggs, the yoke looks like an apricot in color.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 20-03-2013, 12:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/17/2013 04:01 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/16/2013 03:26 PM, Billy wrote:
The precipitating incident is, essentially, living in this female-
hating culture. What begins as simple dieting ends in an addictive
cycle of either binging and purging or plain starvation.

snip for brevity

Wonderful exposition. You spent a lot of time writing
all that up. And, it explains a lot too. Thank you!

Fat bigotry affects both females and males. Employment,
medical, personal relationships, etc.. But, females do
take the brunt of it.

And that kind of non-sense only happened after the television.
We have calendars out here in Nevada filled with pictures
of the pioneer days. All, and I mean ALL, of the females
were fat babes. No one wanted a skinny one as they would
not last the winter. (Fat babes are also prettier, sweeter,
and more feminine. "And" they last through the winter.
Who wants a wife that looks like a 14 year old boy.)

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

-T

My only point is that there is a certain set of concerns when you become
a vegetarian,including B12, tryptophan, or zinc.

Don't forget Acetyl L-Carnitine and Carnosine. I think it is the height
of arrogance to think our science can tell us everything to supplement
with when you are doing something unnatural. Eventually we will be
able to, but, I would posit, not before we develop long term frame
space travel. (I pity the first victims. The space station may be
solving some of the riddle.)

???? Dietary Sources:
Red meat (particularly lamb) and dairy products are the main food
sources of carnitine. It can also be found in fish, poultry, tempeh,
wheat, asparagus, avocados, and peanut butter.

What was your point?

Then there is the question of what drives a person to vegetarianism,
health, esthetics, ethics? Whereas a bald, pot-bellied, man may look in
a mirror and say, "not too bad",

Okay, you got me there, although I have never said "not too bad". It
is more like "OH DUUUUUUUUDE!" :-)

women who are held to more rigorous
level of perfection,

No disagreement arguement there. It always rankles when I
see studies were they have a skinny girl apply for a job and
then put the exact same woman in a fat suite and apply for
the same job.

I worked at an aerospace company about 30 years ago where
all the raises and promotions went first to the pretty girls,
second to all the guys, and last to the ugly girls. It
was really irritating as I and other worked our asses off and
got no where. If a pretty girl broke her finger nail, everyone
swooped to her rescue (not me); if an ugly girl lay bleeding
on the floor, everyone (not me) would step over her. And,
fat was the kiss of death.

I've never worked with people that far removed from the human race.
A body is like a bottle that holds a wine, our personality. The bottle
may attract, but it is the wine that people come back for.

A week or two in St. Lucia, outside of the resorts, would also be good
for your perception.

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

You are killing me here!

-T

Sorry, I'm a 70 year old, hemorrhoidal, over weight, male. Happy now?

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 20-03-2013, 01:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/19/2013 05:49 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/17/2013 04:01 PM, Billy wrote:

Don't forget Acetyl L-Carnitine and Carnosine. I think it is the height
of arrogance to think our science can tell us everything to supplement
with when you are doing something unnatural. Eventually we will be
able to, but, I would posit, not before we develop long term frame
space travel. (I pity the first victims. The space station may be
solving some of the riddle.)

???? Dietary Sources:
Red meat (particularly lamb) and dairy products are the main food
sources of carnitine. It can also be found in fish, poultry, tempeh,
wheat, asparagus, avocados, and peanut butter.

What was your point?

That was my point. Meat is the main source of the two. If you
don't eat meat, you need to use technology to replace them.
There are only trace amounts in vegetables. Or you can eat
grains in a third world country with poor sanitation and get
them from the insect material you ingest.

I really think it is the height of arrogance to think that
our (current) science will be able to figure out everything
we need to supplement if we cut out all animal nutrition.

When we get to Mars, we should learn a lot. You can't do outside
without a special suite. The dirt is toxic (sulphuric acid):
Earthlings will have to bring dirt with them. Everything will have
to be grown in a green house. They will be pure vegetarians,
like it or not. They will probably get very sick until we
figure it out. And no bugs to supplement for animal nutrition
either.

We will probably figure a lot of things out in a hurry. In
the mean time I will enjoy my steak! (Who would want to go
to Mars: can't touch the soil; can't breath the air;
colder than hell all the time; and no trout.)

I worked at an aerospace company about 30 years ago where
all the raises and promotions went first to the pretty girls,
second to all the guys, and last to the ugly girls. It
was really irritating as I and other worked our asses off and
got no where. If a pretty girl broke her finger nail, everyone
swooped to her rescue (not me); if an ugly girl lay bleeding
on the floor, everyone (not me) would step over her. And,
fat was the kiss of death.

I've never worked with people that far removed from the human race.
A body is like a bottle that holds a wine, our personality. The bottle
may attract, but it is the wine that people come back for.

100% agree and very well said.

And the prettiest girl, who was actually nice and got all the raises,
did not even want to be an engineer. She wanted to be a bar
tender! Her technical skill were average at best; her
interpersonal skill were off the scale. I hated the place.
But I had to put food on the table.

In my current consulting position, I have seen only a tiny bit
of this since. I go to a lot of companies. My favorite
companies to visit as ones with older ladies: finished (all
grown up), if you know what I mean. No games. You treat them
respectful and they get very loyal, which means return
customers. Although, if I look a little sick, they are on the
phone with my wife ratting me out.

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

You are killing me here!

Sorry, I'm a 70 year old, hemorrhoidal, over weight, male. Happy now?

Yes.

56 year old curmudgeon in training here. Haven't got the cane shaking
thing down quiet yet ("Kids these days!"). Need to learn how to scowl
at folks with a walker too. If I fail at being a curmudgeon, I could
also switch over to "Old Fart". At this rate it will be Toothless Old
Fart! :-)

I asked about your gender as my wife in the most intelligent
person I have ever know (165+ IQ) and she is also the best writer
I have ever know. I recognized a few of her techniques in your
writing. Thought you sounded really smart like my wife. The
wine thing above sounds like some of her handiwork. (Did
I put my foot too far into my mouth? Didn't mean to call you a
"dudette", just a good word smith.)

-T

Old 20-03-2013, 01:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/19/2013 05:17 PM, Billy wrote:
I always do. They are marked "ecological" here, the "free range" marking
just means that the hens are shut in a large barn instead of individual
cages. "Eco" means among other factors that weather permitting they can go
outside. Price is just a bit higher but quite affordable.

In real eggs, the yoke looks like an apricot in color.

The lady I buy mine from look exactly like you describe.
All organic and very fresh. All different sizes and shapes.

And, if you don't wash the pan right away, the pan
does not smell the house all up.

The shells are all different colors too. Love to crack
jokes about the green ones going best with ham. (They
do, don't they?)

Never did figure out why folks cared what color the shells
were.

-T
Old 20-03-2013, 03:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Nonsense! You mentioned L Carnitine. I looked it up. It's in dairy and
vegetables. So you were wrong on that. And why are you so big on this
insect thing? You do know that grains can be washed. Right/

I really think it is the height of arrogance to think that
our (current) science will be able to figure out everything
we need to supplement if we cut out all animal nutrition.

Nonsense.

When we get to Mars, we should learn a lot. You can't do outside
without a special suite. The dirt is toxic (sulphuric acid):
Earthlings will have to bring dirt with them. Everything will have
to be grown in a green house. They will be pure vegetarians,
like it or not. They will probably get very sick until we
figure it out. And no bugs to supplement for animal nutrition
either.

Please learn what the word "suite" means if you're going to keep using it.
Continuing to use it incorrectly doesn't make you look too bright. And I
have never, ever heard of this bug thing before. You are aware of Kosher
Jewish dietary laws... Right? And many Kosher Jewish people are
vegetarians. They're still with us.

We will probably figure a lot of things out in a hurry. In
the mean time I will enjoy my steak! (Who would want to go
to Mars: can't touch the soil; can't breath the air;
colder than hell all the time; and no trout.)

Go ahead. Enjoy your steak. I don't care. But I do wish you would quit
pushing the meat off on those of us that don't like meat.

[...]

Oh good grief!

[...]

Why all this constant bragging about your wife?

-T

Old 21-03-2013, 12:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Most of that particular rant came from "The Vegetarian Myth: Food,
Justice, and Sustainability" by Lierre Keith [A woman]
http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Myt...ability/dp/160
4860804/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281718588&sr=1-1
(Available at better libraries near you)
p. 230 - 32

It's a good read.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 21-03-2013, 07:25 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/18/2013 06:18 PM, W. Baker wrote:
. wrote:
: Julie wrote:

Something went wrong here with my post and all my material seems to not
have come throughat all. It was a rather complicated series of comments ,
mostly to Julie about , not cites, but where I learned much of hte
material about homnivores, Mad COw disease and feeding animals downed
animals, etc from reading Newspapers and listening to news on teh TV and
Radio(Mostly NPR) as well as material I remember learning some 60 years
ago in HS biology. I also learned about the harm that corn, actually a
perfectly good food for non-diabetics if eaten within reason, is a
terrible food that cannot be digested by cows. It tears up their guts.
this information I read , in both Omnivore's dilemma by Polard and Michael
S---? book on the cattle industry, but i forget the name(senior moment-it
will come to me in the middle of the night, causing me to lose sleep:-)

You may be thinking Michael Pollan in both instances.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/31/ma...?pagewanted=al
l&src=pm

I interleafed it, but none of it seems to have gotten through. No idea
why.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Rats. I adore your writing.

The mad cow thing is disgusting. What made them think they
could turn herbivores into cannibals?

They did. Slaughter house scraps, and meat unsuitable for human
consumption are added as a protein source to chicken feed. Some falls
onto the straw litter in the chickens coups, and the litter is is then
feed to the cows to complete the cycle. Grazing cows are also know to
eat small birds. Odd behavior for an herbivore, don't you think?
http://www.slate.com/articles/health...012/11/deer_ea
t_meat_herbivores_and_carnivores_are_not_so_clearl y_divided.html
http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzool...ry-in-cows-and
-deer/

Bad enough they
stand in their own scat (poop) in feed lots. Herbivore's
are conveyor belts: they walk and the grass (cellulose)
goes in one end and the scat goes out the other. They
never stand in their own scat. (Then birds eat the bugs
and then it decomposes into the soil and the grass
grows back. Full circle.)

"Grass," so understood, is the foundation of the intricate food chain
Joel Salatin has assembled at Polyface, where a half dozen different
animal species are raised together in an intensive rotational dance on
the theme of symbiosis. Salatin is the choreographer and the grasses are
his verdurous stage; the dance has made Polyface one of the most
productive and influential alternative farms in America.

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
by Michael Pollan
http://www.amazon.com/Omnivores-Dile...als/dp/0143038
583/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206815576&sr=1-1

(Available at a library near you)

About three years ago, before I knew about T2, I grew some
hybridized (for sugar content) corn. The crop bombed, but
I did get about one meal out of it. It was very tasty,
as is anything out of an organic garden. But, I do remember
it was so sweet it was like eating candy.

And soon, because of GMOs, and hybrid plants, Monsanto, and their ilk
will control the food we eat. Next time you grow a garden, use "open
pollinated" seeds, and at least give yourself a chance to resist.

http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/articles/monsanto.htm

And here's how

Seed to Seed: Seed Saving and Growing Techniques for Vegetable
Gardeners,
by Suzanne Ashworth and Kent Whealy
http://www.amazon.com/Seed-Growing-T...rdeners/dp/188
2424581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238951517&sr=1-1

(Available at the same library near you)

Nice if they
hybridized it for protein and fat. Fat chance. Not as
addictive.

Oh, Cargill, or Archer Daniels Midland would find some way to screw it
up, all in the name of making a profit.

The more general term glucose syrup is often used synonymously with corn
syrup, since glucose syrup is in the United States most commonly made
from corn starch. Corn syrup is distinct from high-fructose corn syrup
(HFCS), which is created when corn syrup undergoes enzymatic processing,
producing a sweeter compound that contains higher levels of fructose.

Fructose (levulose) doesn't satiate as quickly as glucose (dextrose),
and you end up eating MORE.

Senior moments have an upside. Every morning you get to eat new
food, watch new movies, meet new people ... :-)

-T

.. . . . and the farts turn wet.
Best leave "senior moments" for when you need someone to wipe the "Creme
of Wheat" off your chin.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 21-03-2013, 10:06 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

:
: About three years ago, before I knew about T2, I grew some
: hybridized (for sugar content) corn. The crop bombed, but
: I did get about one meal out of it. It was very tasty,
: as is anything out of an organic garden. But, I do remember
: it was so sweet it was like eating candy.
:
: And soon, because of GMOs, and hybrid plants, Monsanto, and their ilk
: will control the food we eat. Next time you grow a garden, use "open
: pollinated" seeds, and at least give yourself a chance to resist.

: http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/articles/monsanto.htm

: And here's how

I was tinking of Michael Pollan, Omnivore's dilemma and the other Fastfood
Nation by Eric s-something. gory stuff on slaughterhouses.

Wendy
Old 21-03-2013, 10:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/18/2013 06:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Well, they eat road kill. So do apparently a lot of other people in this
country. Mainly in the South I think.

Road kill is just fine if you butcher it up right after
you hit it.

Now if you drag it off the road and let it putrefy for
a few days, then it is bear, vulture, ant, maggot food.

I would just leave flat skunks for the vultures. :-)

Without putting to fine a point on it, you do realize, don't you, that
your flogging a dead horse?

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 22-03-2013, 12:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"W. Baker" wrote:

Billy wrote:

[...]

Eric Schlosser. Is Fast Food Nation the book that encludes passages from
a slaughter house workman's diary in it? Gothic gory, evoking
portentously gloomy or horrifying scenes. I've wondered for a long time
where I read that. I've just pull it off the shelf, and will have to
take a look at it.

Thanks, I think.

Do look at the Fedco site. Our glorious leaders, and parties are trying
to lead us back to 12th Century feudalism, where we will rent our
furniture, and the clothes on our backs. If we don't see that great
profit can come from food, and that wars allow us to improve our weapons
[for sale], and that either taxpayers pay for Wall Streets gambling
[privatize the profits, and socialize the risk], or as in Cyprus, they
just want to take it from depositors to cover their gambling.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 23-03-2013, 12:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/21/2013 03:21 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/18/2013 06:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Well, they eat road kill. So do apparently a lot of other people in this
country. Mainly in the South I think.

Road kill is just fine if you butcher it up right after
you hit it.

Now if you drag it off the road and let it putrefy for
a few days, then it is bear, vulture, ant, maggot food.

I would just leave flat skunks for the vultures. :-)

Without putting to fine a point on it, you do realize, don't you, that
your flogging a dead horse?

Yes, I know. I will reform.

Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Mr.Smartypants[_2_] Vegan 0 22-09-2009 08:43 PM
Insulin History-Dlife Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 05-11-2007 05:40 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 01:48 AM
Insulin Pump Gregory Poche Diabetic 7 03-03-2005 03:44 AM
Insulin puffers story [email protected] Diabetic 1 25-10-2003 03:51 PM