Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Last night's dinner

I made a 4 egg omelet (no water, just seasoning) and didn't fold it.
Put the omelet on a flat plate and spread it with a bit of pasta sauce.
I pre-roasted peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms lightly.
Put the vegetables over the omelet and spread with grated cheese.
Put under the griller (broiler) until cheese melted.

Jazzy and I shared our omelet pizza, large salad on the side.

Next time I will add the olives, grape tomatoes and fetta cheese I had
in the fridge and forgot....

Best eaten with knife and fork. Jazzy uses hands, so I cut hers into
smaller pieces.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

sounds good!

she eats like me..does she take apart sandwiches too?

everyone gave me hell growing up because of how I do that..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

I made a 4 egg omelet (no water, just seasoning) and didn't fold it.
Put the omelet on a flat plate and spread it with a bit of pasta sauce.
I pre-roasted peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms lightly.
Put the vegetables over the omelet and spread with grated cheese.
Put under the griller (broiler) until cheese melted.

Jazzy and I shared our omelet pizza, large salad on the side.

Next time I will add the olives, grape tomatoes and fetta cheese I had
in the fridge and forgot....

Best eaten with knife and fork. Jazzy uses hands, so I cut hers into
smaller pieces.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Actually no. She is not a big liker of bread though but it's the easiest
thing to send to school. She likes cold cuts with cheese, tomato and
lettuce. There isn't a great deal of stuff I can safely send to school.
Between her gagging on hard things and the school having a no
sugary/salty foods policy there is not much left. She likes salads in a
bowl and wraps. Safe fruit is pear, grapes and banana. If I send her
water she only sips it and ends up constipated. I have compromised and
bought diet cordial which is foul. Now I just send her with watered down
real cordial.

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

I made a 4 egg omelet (no water, just seasoning) and didn't fold it.
Put the omelet on a flat plate and spread it with a bit of pasta sauce.
I pre-roasted peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms lightly.
Put the vegetables over the omelet and spread with grated cheese.
Put under the griller (broiler) until cheese melted.

Jazzy and I shared our omelet pizza, large salad on the side.

Next time I will add the olives, grape tomatoes and fetta cheese I had
in the fridge and forgot....

Best eaten with knife and fork. Jazzy uses hands, so I cut hers into
smaller pieces.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Actually no. She is not a big liker of bread though but it's the easiest
> thing to send to school. She likes cold cuts with cheese, tomato and
> lettuce. There isn't a great deal of stuff I can safely send to school.
> Between her gagging on hard things and the school having a no sugary/salty
> foods policy there is not much left. She likes salads in a bowl and wraps.
> Safe fruit is pear, grapes and banana. If I send her water she only sips
> it and ends up constipated. I have compromised and bought diet cordial
> which is foul. Now I just send her with watered down real cordial.

Lunches are hard for us too. Angela really dislikes sandwiches and if she
does have to have one, she will take it apart. She won't take salads in her
lunch, partly because she doesn't like to take containers back home. And
the school requires them to lug so much stuff in their backpacks that there
isn't room for a large container. Her lunches these days are almost always
the same. Apple slices, carrots and a piece of cheese. She does drink
water though so I am lucky there!

I have heard of no sugary stuff brought to school and they did tell us this
in elementary school but it was never enforced by most parents. I have also
heard of no peanuts or no nuts but never no salty foods. Angela has brought
pretzels on occasion but generally only when we are low on other foods
because they are not a favorite. And for a while I was sending in leftover
popcorn.

She did say that next year they will be cracking down further on what they
can sell in the school I was rather taken aback when she described the
large cookies that they sell. They also sell chips and at times they have
sold popcorn but I don't think they have that this year. Also French fries
but they might be oven baked. When I was in school they were oven baked and
they were not good. She only ever bought something once since being in Jr.
High and that was a bag of chips because she forgot her lunch. She really
hates lunch this year because it comes so late in the day. She's kind of
like... Why bother? I'll be home in a couple of hours anyway. Then after
her lunch, she takes lunch with the special needs kids and does other things
to assist them.

There is one boy who is very underweight and doesn't eat much so mostly she
is assigned to him to get him to eat. She said one day they served huge
Churros and she knew that he did like that. But he wasn't eating his other
foods. So she told him, "I'll have to take your Churro from you if you
don't eat your other foods!" She said she never saw him wolf down his food
so fast because he really wanted that!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

had to look up diet cordial..lol

its like a watery fruit drink?...gross

well...I cant talk..I love crystal light grape drink mix and mix it
strong..bad part is the coloring in it um..well..turns your poop florescent
green..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

I made a 4 egg omelet (no water, just seasoning) and didn't fold it.
Put the omelet on a flat plate and spread it with a bit of pasta sauce.
I pre-roasted peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms lightly.
Put the vegetables over the omelet and spread with grated cheese.
Put under the griller (broiler) until cheese melted.

Jazzy and I shared our omelet pizza, large salad on the side.

Next time I will add the olives, grape tomatoes and fetta cheese I had
in the fridge and forgot....

Best eaten with knife and fork. Jazzy uses hands, so I cut hers into
smaller pieces.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/25/2013 03:08 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> I made a 4 egg omelet (no water, just seasoning) and didn't fold it.
> Put the omelet on a flat plate and spread it with a bit of pasta sauce.
> I pre-roasted peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms lightly.
> Put the vegetables over the omelet and spread with grated cheese.
> Put under the griller (broiler) until cheese melted.
>
> Jazzy and I shared our omelet pizza, large salad on the side.
>
> Next time I will add the olives, grape tomatoes and fetta cheese I had
> in the fridge and forgot....
>
> Best eaten with knife and fork. Jazzy uses hands, so I cut hers into
> smaller pieces.

Hi Oz,

This sounds good and really easy. Even I can make it!

-T