Old 25-02-2013, 06:19 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default beef stew with jicama

I just use liquid splenda for sauces etc and powdered for baking..I will
have to look into glycerin.

KROM

"bigwheel" wrote in message ...

Ok gotcha thanks. Do you ever use Glycerine for a sweetener? It seems to
be near as sweet as sugar with none of the nasty back bite of most of
the other choices. Supposed to effect blood sugar not at all.

KROM;1816202 Wrote:
it is a softball sized root veggie that has a tough brown skin and a
white
crisp flesh inside...sort of like a rutabaga..

we like to try things here as subs for things that would normally raise
our
blood glucose levels.

tasty experiments as I call them

:-)

KROM

"bigwheel" wrote in message

Ok..I knew it was speeled similar..lol. Now I am headed off to try to
figger out what is the other thing.

Ozgirl;1816118 Wrote:-
Close, but no cigar Jumanji, that has reminded me to watch it
again,

thanks.

"bigwheel" wrote in message

Is this the movie with Robin Williams? Where the board game growed an
indoor rain forest and stuff like that?

KROM;1816004 Wrote:-
I made a hearty beef stew with a ton of green veggies cut tiny so they
basically disappear but add body and of course beef and instead of
potato I
used jicama since Susan mentioned it it..

so far two separate meals of it and zero raise in bg and it certainly
satisfies that potato itch in the stew plus a nice textural component.

thumbs up!

KROM-

--
bigwheel-

--
bigwheel

--
bigwheel

Old 26-02-2013, 06:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message ...
if you’ve had success with turnip then I'm certain jicama isn't any
different.

if you wanted to really go all out you could thin slice it and dry in the
oven and then use it..much like those packaged potato meals do.

Jicama is really watery though. I don't know.