Old 15-03-2013, 10:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default anyone have a favorite ranch dressing recipe?

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 02/17/2013 02:18 PM, bigwheel wrote:
Ok well see thats why I give you Bob Gibson's recipe so when you started
nagging about the other. lol. Can you eat mayo and vinegar? There ya go.

I was so shocked about Liar's Glucose being the first
ingredient in the Hidden Valley Ranch that I forgot
to thank you for the White Sauce. My bad. :'[

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, finely ground
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

The mayo I use is TJ's organic. Zero carb. So, it is on
my free list. All the calories are from fat -- yipee!
Grok [1] would approve.

Do you use this on your vegi's and mice?

Many thanks,
-T

1) http://www.marksdailyapple.com/about-2/who-is-grok/

Or use 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 Tbl. crème fraîche or sour cream, 1/2
tsp.minced capers, 2 minced cornichons, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1
Tbl. minced parsley, 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice, and some dried tarragon,
crumbled, you'd have remoulade sauce.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 16-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilisk View Post
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:13:47 +0000, bigwheel wrote:

Well that white sauce was birthed as a marinade and table dipping sauce
for grilled/smoked chicken. Bob Gibson..the guy who came up with is
world famous for chicken.

'Barbeue Sauce: Big Bob Gibson's Bama Birds with White BBQ Sauce Recipe'
(Barbeue Sauce: Big Bob Gibson's Bama Birds with White BBQ Sauce Recipe)

I eat at Big Bob Gibson's couple of times a year, very good BBQ of all
kinds.

basilisk
Thanks for the report. Never had a chance to try it yet. Good storebught BBQ is a hard thing to find in these parts.