Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Whatcha eatin' these days?

I only had a tiny bit of rice leftover. Normally would have thrown it out
but didn't. Used it tonight in a vegetable soup just for me. Was good but
now I have a headache and think I am coming down with what Angela has. Was
only able to eat a few bites of it and became exhausted. Was actually
sleeping pretty well but had a wacky dream about petting a little black bull
that was attacking me with its horns. One horn was sharp. Then Angela woke
me. So end of the good sleep.

I didn't have any made up sides for her and did look at the grocery store.
Somehow I thought something new would pop up. Like maybe a whole wheat
pasta or brown rice with veggies. Nope. They had nothing. I did see a
breakfast sandwich on a wheat muffin. Looked at the ingredients. It was
just an English Muffin. Not whole wheat. So why did they even mention the
wheat? What else would it be? Yes, there are gluten free ones made of yams
but... I don't think I've ever seen any others.

So I decided to make whole wheat biscuits. Subbed Nucoa for the butter and
water for the milk. I had planned to eat one with my soup but wound up
eating two since I didn't feel like I could stomach the soup. I wasn't
really thrilled with the biscuits but Angela liked them so that's all that
mattered. She had the rest of the Rissoles. And some green beans.

I had thought about going out to eat tomorrow when we go to see my dad but
with us being sick, that might not happen now. I might actually not really
be sick. Could just be the lack of sleep and that Bactrim that I am taking.
We'll see.

If we don't go out, I bought some boneless, skinless chicken breast for
Angela. It's cooked. Not pre-packed though. Looks moist. I hope she
likes it. Also bought some "American" salad because she disliked the baby
salad mix that we got at Whole Foods. And there are biscuits left. I'll
have the rest of the while wheat and sweet potato gnocchi.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I had spaghetti and meatballs yesterday, today I had cottage cheese and
pinepple for lunch, for supper I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich using
whole wheat bread with pepperoni in it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
>I had spaghetti and meatballs yesterday, today I had cottage cheese and
> pinepple for lunch, for supper I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich using
> whole wheat bread with pepperoni in it.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I am out of everything just about and only able to shop today. I just
had a piece of toast with peanut butter - thinly spread as that's all
there was. Washed down with a chilled can of Pepsi Max. No tea 3
breakfasts without tea this week! Last night was steak, chips and a huge
salad because I had enough of everything for the evening meals. Now that
Christmas, New Year and 3 birthdays are over we might just be able to
settle down to 3 squares a day again

Salad veggies have dropped to an affordable level again so we go through
a whole head of lettuce per day between lunch and dinner and 4-5
tomatoes.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I only had a tiny bit of rice leftover. Normally would have thrown it
> out but didn't. Used it tonight in a vegetable soup just for me. Was
> good but now I have a headache and think I am coming down with what
> Angela has. Was only able to eat a few bites of it and became
> exhausted. Was actually sleeping pretty well but had a wacky dream
> about petting a little black bull that was attacking me with its
> horns. One horn was sharp. Then Angela woke me. So end of the good
> sleep.
>
> I didn't have any made up sides for her and did look at the grocery
> store. Somehow I thought something new would pop up. Like maybe a
> whole wheat pasta or brown rice with veggies. Nope. They had
> nothing. I did see a breakfast sandwich on a wheat muffin. Looked at
> the ingredients. It was just an English Muffin. Not whole wheat. So
> why did they even mention the wheat? What else would it be? Yes,
> there are gluten free ones made of yams but... I don't think I've
> ever seen any others.
>
> So I decided to make whole wheat biscuits. Subbed Nucoa for the
> butter and water for the milk. I had planned to eat one with my soup
> but wound up eating two since I didn't feel like I could stomach the
> soup. I wasn't really thrilled with the biscuits but Angela liked
> them so that's all that mattered. She had the rest of the Rissoles.
> And some green beans.
>
> I had thought about going out to eat tomorrow when we go to see my dad
> but with us being sick, that might not happen now. I might actually
> not really be sick. Could just be the lack of sleep and that Bactrim
> that I am taking. We'll see.
>
> If we don't go out, I bought some boneless, skinless chicken breast
> for Angela. It's cooked. Not pre-packed though. Looks moist. I
> hope she likes it. Also bought some "American" salad because she
> disliked the baby salad mix that we got at Whole Foods. And there are
> biscuits left. I'll have the rest of the while wheat and sweet potato
> gnocchi.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I am out of everything just about and only able to shop today. I just had a
>piece of toast with peanut butter - thinly spread as that's all there was.
>Washed down with a chilled can of Pepsi Max. No tea 3 breakfasts without
>tea this week! Last night was steak, chips and a huge salad because I had
>enough of everything for the evening meals. Now that Christmas, New Year
>and 3 birthdays are over we might just be able to settle down to 3 squares
>a day again
>
> Salad veggies have dropped to an affordable level again so we go through a
> whole head of lettuce per day between lunch and dinner and 4-5 tomatoes.

I hate it when things run that low. We have bad snow here now and there is
the possibility that we'll get snowed in, but not likely. Have enough
beans, rice and pasta to last through the winter, into the spring and maybe
beyond. So we would never starve but it's nice to have some fresh food. I
stocked Angela up on applesauce and sunseed butter. And of course every
time I do this is when she quits eating whatever that is. I would say that
it's some sort of game or something but my friend said it is the same at her
house. They'll eat something so much that she can never keep enough in the
house. Then she'll buy a ton and they'll stop eating it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/9/2013 10:12 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> I am out of everything just about and only able to shop today. I just had a
>> piece of toast with peanut butter - thinly spread as that's all there was.
>> Washed down with a chilled can of Pepsi Max. No tea 3 breakfasts without
>> tea this week! Last night was steak, chips and a huge salad because I had
>> enough of everything for the evening meals. Now that Christmas, New Year
>> and 3 birthdays are over we might just be able to settle down to 3 squares
>> a day again
>>
>> Salad veggies have dropped to an affordable level again so we go through a
>> whole head of lettuce per day between lunch and dinner and 4-5 tomatoes.

> I hate it when things run that low. We have bad snow here now and there is
> the possibility that we'll get snowed in, but not likely. Have enough
> beans, rice and pasta to last through the winter, into the spring and maybe
> beyond. So we would never starve but it's nice to have some fresh food. I
> stocked Angela up on applesauce and sunseed butter. And of course every
> time I do this is when she quits eating whatever that is. I would say that
> it's some sort of game or something but my friend said it is the same at her
> house. They'll eat something so much that she can never keep enough in the
> house. Then she'll buy a ton and they'll stop eating it.

Tell you friend to never buy a ton.
Not even half a ton.
The max purchased should *not* exceed her weight.

Solutions
by
Don Roberto

Whatcha Makin' This Weekend??? Mimi[_2_] Preserving 13 11-08-2011 07:14 PM
EATIN CHEAP BULLFROG General Cooking 6 23-10-2007 03:18 PM
Whatcha fixing for dinner? Serene-y the Meanie General Cooking 28 19-04-2007 06:27 PM
Whatcha all Havin' for Christmas Grub.?... Bigbazza General Cooking 58 28-12-2006 11:56 PM
Eatin' Pie (with recipe) Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 16 25-11-2006 06:04 PM