FoodBanter.com

-   -   I was bad! (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/420824-i-bad.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 01-11-2012 08:00 AM

I was bad!

Decided to try the Twizzlers again. Nope. Don't like them any more. Then
Angela wanted one. Begged me to let her have one. She has done really well
with her diet since she started it. Aside from a few sugar free things, the
only treat she has had was really dark chocolate. Long story short there,
she did eat one and liked it and then wanted candy corn. She was ripping
the house apart looking for sugar. Aside from my gummy bears (which she
does not like) there is none. She begged me for candy corn. The drugstore
around the corner was about to close.

As I left to go there, she hollered, "And bring me anything else you think I
might like!" I came back with a bag of caramel corn, the candy corn (was on
clearance), a small bag of raspberry/blackberry candy (her favorite) and
some red hots, for me. Also a tiny Nestle Crunch bar.

Feeling evil, I left all but the Crunch bar in the van and ran the doorbell.
Told her that I couldn't do it and just took the freebie they had left on
the counter. Heh. You should have seen her face!

Angela ate a few of the pieces of candy corn then came to me and said that
it had been a mistake. She wished she hadn't eaten them and she didn't feel
well. She is going to go back onto phase 1 of South Beach soon. Like maybe
on Sunday.

And then I was bad. Kept eating and eating the red hots. So now I will
suffer two ways. It will give me a GERD attack at some point and no doubt I
will have high BG. My BG was good earlier today but I ate dinner rather
late and by the time I did, it had gone a bit low. Not a hypo. Just low
for me. So perhaps I was overly hungry.

So yes. I was bad. But I suppose it could have been worse.

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds 01-11-2012 09:21 PM

I was bad!

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> Decided to try the Twizzlers again. Nope. Don't like them any more. Then
> Angela wanted one. Begged me to let her have one. She has done really well
> with her diet since she started it. Aside from a few sugar free things, the
> only treat she has had was really dark chocolate. Long story short there,
> she did eat one and liked it and then wanted candy corn. She was ripping
> the house apart looking for sugar. Aside from my gummy bears (which she
> does not like) there is none. She begged me for candy corn. The drugstore
> around the corner was about to close.
>
> As I left to go there, she hollered, "And bring me anything else you think I
> might like!" I came back with a bag of caramel corn, the candy corn (was on
> clearance), a small bag of raspberry/blackberry candy (her favorite) and
> some red hots, for me. Also a tiny Nestle Crunch bar.
>
> Feeling evil, I left all but the Crunch bar in the van and ran the doorbell.
> Told her that I couldn't do it and just took the freebie they had left on
> the counter. Heh. You should have seen her face!
>
> Angela ate a few of the pieces of candy corn then came to me and said that
> it had been a mistake. She wished she hadn't eaten them and she didn't feel
> well. She is going to go back onto phase 1 of South Beach soon. Like maybe
> on Sunday.
>
> And then I was bad. Kept eating and eating the red hots. So now I will
> suffer two ways. It will give me a GERD attack at some point and no doubt I
> will have high BG. My BG was good earlier today but I ate dinner rather
> late and by the time I did, it had gone a bit low. Not a hypo. Just low
> for me. So perhaps I was overly hungry.
>
> So yes. I was bad. But I suppose it could have been worse.

yes, especially since you are such an enabler