Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are you ready for Halloween?

Happy birthday Krom, hope you have a good day.

"KROM" > wrote in message
> todays is mine so had a sliver of Bundt cake and a cup of coffee for
> breakfast and later today I will eat some Chinese :-)
>
> on Halloween I will enjoy four fun size pieces of candy over the
> evening as its the one time of the year I taste a Butterfinger and a
> almond joy etc.
>
> the four fun size pieces are consumed in a 4-5 hour period so it does
> NOTHING to my BG at all and gives me my fix of candy for the year...
>
> well chocolate doesnt count as candy as I will enjoy that year round
>
> KROM
>

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
>> bites?
>>
>> Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates
>> that for sure are NOT poison..lol
>>
>> KROM

> Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ty ty!

the cake was wayyy to sweet for me since I never eat cake..but the Chinese
was great!

was a good day!

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> todays is mine so had a sliver of Bundt cake and a cup of coffee for
> breakfast and later today I will eat some Chinese :-)
>
> on Halloween I will enjoy four fun size pieces of candy over the evening
> as its the one time of the year I taste a Butterfinger and a almond joy
> etc.
>
> the four fun size pieces are consumed in a 4-5 hour period so it does
> NOTHING to my BG at all and gives me my fix of candy for the year...
>
> well chocolate doesnt count as candy as I will enjoy that year round
>
> KROM

Happy Birthday Krom, and many more. Sounds like you have it all worked out.
:-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thnx much and I did!

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message
> todays is mine so had a sliver of Bundt cake and a cup of coffee for
> breakfast and later today I will eat some Chinese :-)
>
> on Halloween I will enjoy four fun size pieces of candy over the evening
> as its the one time of the year I taste a Butterfinger and a almond joy
> etc.
>
> the four fun size pieces are consumed in a 4-5 hour period so it does
> NOTHING to my BG at all and gives me my fix of candy for the year...
>
> well chocolate doesnt count as candy as I will enjoy that year round
>
> KROM
>

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
>> bites?
>>
>> Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates that
>> for sure are NOT poison..lol
>>
>> KROM

> Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

More julie contradictions:

> I would usually just get sick once.

compare this self-contradictory statement

Most candy is stuff I never liked. So
> I would eat the stuff that I did like until I got sick.

with this one

And it was rare for
> there to be anything left that I actually liked.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "KROM" >
wrote:

> why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate bites?
>
> Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates that for
> sure are NOT poison..lol
>
> KROM
>

> "Peppermint Patootie" wrote ...
>

> I just don't feel right about giving kids stuff that is essentially
> poison.

Expensive!

PP
- Chris Malcolm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> "KROM" > wrote in message ...
> > why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
> > bites?
> >
> > Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates that
> > for sure are NOT poison..lol
> >
> > KROM

> Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
>
> Cheri

The amount they collect lasts them a while, or makes them very sick for
a short time.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Cheri" > wrote:
>
>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> > why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
>> > bites?
>> >
>> > Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates
>> > that
>> > for sure are NOT poison..lol
>> >
>> > KROM

>> Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> The amount they collect lasts them a while, or makes them very sick for
> a short time.
>
> PP

I really don't know anybody that got sick, not saying they haven't/don't
somewhere, but nobody I know ever did, and we ate lots of it. If they have a
tendency to do that, that's what parents are for. No law says kids have to
trick or treat, take them to an organized party where the treats are
rationed if that's the case, or parents could have an in home party of their
own.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >, "KROM" >
> wrote:
>
>> why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
>> bites?
>>
>> Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates that
>> for
>> sure are NOT poison..lol
>>
>> KROM
>>

>> "Peppermint Patootie" wrote ...
>>

>> I just don't feel right about giving kids stuff that is essentially
>> poison.

> Expensive!

I don't mind giving out expensive stuff on Halloween.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,

>>> Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> The amount they collect lasts them a while, or makes them very sick for
>> a short time.
>>
>> PP

> I really don't know anybody that got sick, not saying they haven't/don't
> somewhere, but nobody I know ever did, and we ate lots of it. If they have
> a tendency to do that, that's what parents are for. No law says kids have
> to trick or treat, take them to an organized party where the treats are
> rationed if that's the case, or parents could have an in home party of
> their own.

Halloween wasn't usually when I got sick. Because we got the candy before
dinner.

Easter and Christmas were when I always got sick. The Easter basket with
the chocolate eggs. The stocking with the chocolate Santas. I would be
hungry and I would start eating those before breakfast and then my mom would
give us donuts for breakfast.

I only ever let Angela go to a few houses. Of what she got, she would be
lucky if there were 2 or 3 pieces of candy in there that she could/would
eat. There might be the same amount that her dad would eat. And then the
other 2 or 3 pieces would go in the trash. So you see why I didn't let her
go very far. That would be kind of a waste.

I do feel bad for the people in this economy though. For the last couple of
years we have gotten just as many adults stopping by as kids. I think they
just need food. Any food.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my issue with many diabetics is they think because sugar is poison to them
it is poison to everyone and thats simply not true.
a healthy person can eat it and they body takes what it needs and disposes
of the rest.

if I am deathly allergic to fish,it up to me to be on guard..it would be
ridiculous for me to insist it be removed from your home and not sold in
store or restaurants..

same goes for sugar...we all need it to live and your steak will eventually
be converted to it..but eating a large amount of it pure will harm you..so
dont eat it..but to deny others it is silly.

there's no difference between a snickers bar and eating toast with honey and
jam...in fact the toast would hit me much worse...

if you were babysitting a child and they wanted toast and jelly would you
deny them it?...chastise parent for serving it?

but ya know..to each their own...lol

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Cheri" > wrote:
>
>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> > why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
>> > bites?
>> >
>> > Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates
>> > that
>> > for sure are NOT poison..lol
>> >
>> > KROM

>> Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> The amount they collect lasts them a while, or makes them very sick for
> a short time.
>
> PP

I really don't know anybody that got sick, not saying they haven't/don't
somewhere, but nobody I know ever did, and we ate lots of it. If they have a
tendency to do that, that's what parents are for. No law says kids have to
trick or treat, take them to an organized party where the treats are
rationed if that's the case, or parents could have an in home party of their
own.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> my issue with many diabetics is they think because sugar is poison to them
> it is poison to everyone and thats simply not true.
> a healthy person can eat it and they body takes what it needs and
> disposes of the rest.
>
> if I am deathly allergic to fish,it up to me to be on guard..it would be
> ridiculous for me to insist it be removed from your home and not sold in
> store or restaurants..
>
> same goes for sugar...we all need it to live and your steak will
> eventually be converted to it..but eating a large amount of it pure will
> harm you..so dont eat it..but to deny others it is silly.
>
> there's no difference between a snickers bar and eating toast with honey
> and jam...in fact the toast would hit me much worse...
>
> if you were babysitting a child and they wanted toast and jelly would you
> deny them it?...chastise parent for serving it?

This cracks me up Krom, really...I was at Walgreen's this morning picking up
a prescription for my dh, bought some shampoo and was checking out, putting
my number in for the Balance Rewards and there was an elderly man behind me.
The clerk asked him if he wanted to buy a candy bar (they seem to be
pitching different items while you check out these days) he said no he's a
diabetic and can't have candy. What was he buying? Wait for it...a loaf of
bread and the Nice Honey that was on sale. I kid you not. LOL

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM wrote:
> my issue with many diabetics is they think because sugar is poison to
> them it is poison to everyone and that's simply not true.
> a healthy person can eat it and they body takes what it needs and
> disposes of the rest.

Yes. And I do remember for many years I wouldn't bring it into the house
because I didn't want it to tempt me. I did spend more money on Halloween
and I gave out little toys. This worked well when Angela was younger
because I could use the toys for other parties and school and such. But now
we have no need for those toys and I'd rather just do the candy and dispose
of the leftovers. I would have given out pretzels or even chips had I found
any that we personally could have eaten had there been leftovers. But I
didn't find any.

> if I am deathly allergic to fish,it up to me to be on guard..it would
> be ridiculous for me to insist it be removed from your home and not
> sold in store or restaurants..

I feel the same way but... There are actually a lot of people with peanut
allergies who do not think that way. To me the peanut allergy is no worse
than other allergies because they too can affect people simply by contact or
breathing in the allergen.

> same goes for sugar...we all need it to live and your steak will
> eventually be converted to it..but eating a large amount of it pure
> will harm you..so don't eat it..but to deny others it is silly.

True.

> there's no difference between a snickers bar and eating toast with
> honey and jam...in fact the toast would hit me much worse...

Perhaps.

> if you were babysitting a child and they wanted toast and jelly would
> you deny them it?...chastise parent for serving it?

Well, I probably would give them something else. Like an apple with peanut
butter. Or some baby carrots. I grew up eating mainly fruit or vegetables
for snacks. Popcorn was a common bedtime snack. Angela grew up pretty much
the same way. I never really ate jelly unless perhaps it was on a peanut
butter sandwich. She didn't have any jelly until a few years ago. She
discovered it in a restaurant and she wanted to try it with her French
fries. I did let her have it. She did have a few peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches when young, although they were not a favorite food. Then when we
discovered the peanut intolerance she did have a few sandwiches with
alternate nut/seed butters and jelly but again, she was not a fan. I don't
personally like jelly at all. If I do have a peanut butter sandwich, I
might put some no sugar, strawberry jam on it. Anything else is too sweet
for me and I just don't like it.

> but ya know..to each their own...lol

Yeah.

Angela said she would like to give out Ghirardelli dark chocolate next year
and suggested the large bars. I told her we could do this. I don't mind
being generous on Halloween.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> my issue with many diabetics is they think because sugar is poison
>> to them it is poison to everyone and that's simply not true.
>> a healthy person can eat it and they body takes what it needs and
>> disposes of the rest.
>>
>> if I am deathly allergic to fish,it up to me to be on guard..it
>> would be ridiculous for me to insist it be removed from your home
>> and not sold in store or restaurants..
>>
>> same goes for sugar...we all need it to live and your steak will
>> eventually be converted to it..but eating a large amount of it pure
>> will harm you..so don't eat it..but to deny others it is silly.
>>
>> there's no difference between a snickers bar and eating toast with
>> honey and jam...in fact the toast would hit me much worse...
>>
>> if you were babysitting a child and they wanted toast and jelly
>> would you deny them it?...chastise parent for serving it?

> This cracks me up Krom, really...I was at Walgreen's this morning
> picking up a prescription for my dh, bought some shampoo and was
> checking out, putting my number in for the Balance Rewards and there
> was an elderly man behind me. The clerk asked him if he wanted to buy
> a candy bar (they seem to be pitching different items while you check
> out these days) he said no he's a diabetic and can't have candy. What
> was he buying? Wait for it...a loaf of bread and the Nice Honey that
> was on sale. I kid you not. LOL

But I suppose there is always the possibility that he wasn't buying those
for himself. I often buy things for my mom now when I go to the store. And
when I had an elderly neighbor I would do her shopping too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:
>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> my issue with many diabetics is they think because sugar is poison
>>> to them it is poison to everyone and that's simply not true.
>>> a healthy person can eat it and they body takes what it needs and
>>> disposes of the rest.
>>>
>>> if I am deathly allergic to fish,it up to me to be on guard..it
>>> would be ridiculous for me to insist it be removed from your home
>>> and not sold in store or restaurants..
>>>
>>> same goes for sugar...we all need it to live and your steak will
>>> eventually be converted to it..but eating a large amount of it pure
>>> will harm you..so don't eat it..but to deny others it is silly.
>>>
>>> there's no difference between a snickers bar and eating toast with
>>> honey and jam...in fact the toast would hit me much worse...
>>>
>>> if you were babysitting a child and they wanted toast and jelly
>>> would you deny them it?...chastise parent for serving it?

>> This cracks me up Krom, really...I was at Walgreen's this morning
>> picking up a prescription for my dh, bought some shampoo and was
>> checking out, putting my number in for the Balance Rewards and there
>> was an elderly man behind me. The clerk asked him if he wanted to buy
>> a candy bar (they seem to be pitching different items while you check
>> out these days) he said no he's a diabetic and can't have candy. What
>> was he buying? Wait for it...a loaf of bread and the Nice Honey that
>> was on sale. I kid you not. LOL

> But I suppose there is always the possibility that he wasn't buying those
> for himself. I often buy things for my mom now when I go to the store.
> And when I had an elderly neighbor I would do her shopping too.

Sure, could have been. He was the elderly person in this case. LOL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol..yes!..I always have that argument..sugar is sugar unless its been
modified like hfcs and even that doesnt hurt everyone..I got a pal who
drinks regular Pepsi all day and lives on candy and sweets and is rail thin
and very healthy...should I demand her to not eat that way because I cant?

my mom was a type one and she read all the magazines and would go all in on
whatever she read and would always end up in the ER..

she would cry "but they said swapping regular flour for bulgur wheat would
let me eat that!"..or "I replaced the bad regular sugar with fructose!".

sad...

KROM

"Cheri" wrote ...