Old 27-10-2012, 07:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are you ready for Halloween?

"KROM" wrote in message ...
why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
bites?

Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates that
for sure are NOT poison..lol

KROM

Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)

Cheri

Old 27-10-2012, 08:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

:
: Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates that
: for sure are NOT poison..lol
:
: KROM

: Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)

: Cheri

Ah, but the candy the kids get ic usually enough to last a lifetime:-)

Wendy
Old 27-10-2012, 09:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:
: "KROM" wrote in message
: why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
: bites?
:
: Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates
that
: for sure are NOT poison..lol
:
: KROM

: Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)

: Cheri

Ah, but the candy the kids get ic usually enough to last a lifetime:-)

Wendy

That's what they have parents for. If they don't want them to have the
candy, keep em home. :-)

Cheri

Old 27-10-2012, 09:32 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Cheri wrote:
: : "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
: : why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
: : bites?
: :
: : Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates
: that
: : for sure are NOT poison..lol
: :
: : KROM
:
: : Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
:
: : Cheri
:
: Ah, but the candy the kids get ic usually enough to last a lifetime:-)
:
: Wendy

: That's what they have parents for. If they don't want them to have the
: candy, keep em home. :-)

: Cheri

My son and his wife, just dole it out little by little so they have a pice
or so each day, so it does sem to last a lifetime:-)

We used t d the sae as no one wants a kid getting sick to the stomach form
a candy pig-out!

Wendy
Old 27-10-2012, 10:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:
: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Cheri wrote:
: : "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

We were allowed to eat all we wanted on Halloween when I was a kid, and
never once did any of us have a bad stomach from it. After Halloween was
over, mom would put it all in one pile and dole it out after she got the
pick. LOL

Cheri

Old 28-10-2012, 02:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:
: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Cheri wrote:
: : "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

One of my kids used to only eat one piece of candy a day...he wanted it to
last ...he did the same thing with his Easter candy.

Old 28-10-2012, 06:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:
: "KROM" wrote in message
: why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate
: bites?
:
: Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates
that
: for sure are NOT poison..lol
:
: KROM

: Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)

: Cheri

Ah, but the candy the kids get ic usually enough to last a lifetime:-)

Some kids, maybe. We were only allowed to go to houses where we knew the
people. And I only ever allowed Angela to go to a few houses. Like 12 at
the most.

Old 28-10-2012, 06:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:
: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Cheri wrote:
: : "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

I would usually just get sick once. Most candy is stuff I never liked. So
I would eat the stuff that I did like until I got sick. And it was rare for
there to be anything left that I actually liked.

My brother? He would eat a lot more than I would but he doled it out to
himself in a very stingy fashion. Usually by the following Halloween, he
would still have some left and my mom would make him throw it out.

Old 28-10-2012, 06:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

todays is mine so had a sliver of Bundt cake and a cup of coffee for
breakfast and later today I will eat some Chinese :-)

on Halloween I will enjoy four fun size pieces of candy over the evening as
its the one time of the year I taste a Butterfinger and a almond joy etc.

the four fun size pieces are consumed in a 4-5 hour period so it does
NOTHING to my BG at all and gives me my fix of candy for the year...

well chocolate doesnt count as candy as I will enjoy that year round

KROM

Old 28-10-2012, 06:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message ...
todays is mine so had a sliver of Bundt cake and a cup of coffee for
breakfast and later today I will eat some Chinese :-)

on Halloween I will enjoy four fun size pieces of candy over the evening
as its the one time of the year I taste a Butterfinger and a almond joy
etc.

the four fun size pieces are consumed in a 4-5 hour period so it does
NOTHING to my BG at all and gives me my fix of candy for the year...

well chocolate doesnt count as candy as I will enjoy that year round

KROM

Happy Birthday Krom, and many more. Sounds like you have it all worked out.
:-)

Cheri

Old 29-10-2012, 07:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

ty ty!

the cake was wayyy to sweet for me since I never eat cake..but the Chinese
was great!

was a good day!

KROM

Old 31-10-2012, 12:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

More julie contradictions:

I would usually just get sick once.

compare this self-contradictory statement

Most candy is stuff I never liked. So
I would eat the stuff that I did like until I got sick.

with this one

Old 31-10-2012, 04:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "KROM"
wrote:

why not hive them something you'd eat as a treat like dark chocolate bites?

Ghirardelli or however you spell it has wrapped bit size chocolates that for
sure are NOT poison..lol

KROM

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote ...

I just don't feel right about giving kids stuff that is essentially
poison.

Expensive!

PP
- Chris Malcolm