Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default bg 106 2 hrs after mac and cheese and peas

No I didn't test before eating.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> No I didn't test before eating.

How much did you eat portion wise? And did you test at 45 min to 1 hour
after?

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> No I didn't test before eating.

Then your test is kind of useless. Huh!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My fbg this am was 98, I think my meter runs kinda high, I did a control
test and it was 119 and normal was 94-129. Peas are very good for you.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> My fbg this am was 98, I think my meter runs kinda high, I did a control
> test and it was 119 and normal was 94-129. Peas are very good for you.

What do you mean that you did a control test? What does that mean? Do you
have one of those old fashioned meters with the control solution? When I
had that kind, I found that doing it was useless.

Why are peas very good for you?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

It's a Bayer Breeze 2 meter, I think all meter come with control
solution. Look up peas nutrients at Google and click on the wh foods
page, it may be the first link.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=55

I did it fer u

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> It's a Bayer Breeze 2 meter, I think all meter come with control
> solution. Look up peas nutrients at Google and click on the wh foods
> page, it may be the first link.

No. All meters do not come with control solution. The Contour does not.
And no, I am not going to Google anything. You made the claim. It's up to
you to prove it. I don't get paid to Google. I use Swagbucks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=55
>
> I did it fer u

Well... Doesn't look like they are outstanding or anything. And lowers
diabetes risk? Didn't do it for me. I am a legumaholic.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Colt T" > wrote in message
>> It's a Bayer Breeze 2 meter, I think all meter come with control
>> solution. Look up peas nutrients at Google and click on the wh foods
>> page, it may be the first link.

> No. All meters do not come with control solution. The Contour does not.
> And no, I am not going to Google anything. You made the claim. It's up
> to you to prove it. I don't get paid to Google. I use Swagbucks.

I've never seen a meter yet that doesn't come with control solution.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Colt T" > wrote in message
>>> It's a Bayer Breeze 2 meter, I think all meter come with control
>>> solution. Look up peas nutrients at Google and click on the wh foods
>>> page, it may be the first link.

>> No. All meters do not come with control solution. The Contour does not.
>> And no, I am not going to Google anything. You made the claim. It's up
>> to you to prove it. I don't get paid to Google. I use Swagbucks.

> I've never seen a meter yet that doesn't come with control solution.

The Bayer Contour doesn't. Been using it for years!

http://www.bayercontour.com/Blood-Gl...toring/Contour

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Colt T" > wrote in message
> >> It's a Bayer Breeze 2 meter, I think all meter come with control
> >> solution. Look up peas nutrients at Google and click on the wh foods
> >> page, it may be the first link.

> > No. All meters do not come with control solution. The Contour does not.
> > And no, I am not going to Google anything. You made the claim. It's up
> > to you to prove it. I don't get paid to Google. I use Swagbucks.

> I've never seen a meter yet that doesn't come with control solution.

I've seen meters that use control solution but don't come with it. Used
to be a meter came with pricker, lancets, control solution (sometimes
two, one for high glucose concentration, and one for low concentration),
and a substantial number of strips. Now there are fewer strips and if
you want the control solution you have to order it separately.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> No. All meters do not come with control solution. The Contour does
>>> not. And no, I am not going to Google anything. You made the claim.
>>> It's up to you to prove it. I don't get paid to Google. I use
>>> Swagbucks.

>> I've never seen a meter yet that doesn't come with control solution.

> The Bayer Contour doesn't. Been using it for years!
>
> http://www.bayercontour.com/Blood-Gl...toring/Contour

I'll take your word for it. I've never had a meter yet that didn't, but I
don't have the Contour.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Cheri" > wrote:

>> > No. All meters do not come with control solution. The Contour does
>> > not.
>> > And no, I am not going to Google anything. You made the claim. It's
>> > up
>> > to you to prove it. I don't get paid to Google. I use Swagbucks.

>> I've never seen a meter yet that doesn't come with control solution.

> I've seen meters that use control solution but don't come with it. Used
> to be a meter came with pricker, lancets, control solution (sometimes
> two, one for high glucose concentration, and one for low concentration),
> and a substantial number of strips. Now there are fewer strips and if
> you want the control solution you have to order it separately.

As if the strips weren't a big enough rip-off, they now sell the control
solution separately. Just great.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 17:40:07 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Alice Faber" > wrote in message

>>> I've seen meters that use control solution but don't come with it. Used
>>> to be a meter came with pricker, lancets, control solution (sometimes
>>> two, one for high glucose concentration, and one for low concentration),
>>> and a substantial number of strips. Now there are fewer strips and if
>>> you want the control solution you have to order it separately.

>>As if the strips weren't a big enough rip-off, they now sell the control
>>solution separately. Just great.
>>
>>Cheri

> Hey, Cheri!
>
> The first meter I bought didn't come with control solution, but when I
> went *back* to the pharamacy (a 40+ mile drive, oh joy! LOL!) they
> did give it to me free. I only got one meter that actually came with
> it, I think. Since then, though, it's been the Relion meters and I
> don't remember control solution being in the package, but it's been
> years since I bought a new one. :-)
>
> Big help, I know. LOL!

I've had 3 or 4 different name brand meters and they all came with the
control solution, but I believe I only ever used it one time to check. I
can't remember if the Relion or Tru-Track came with it or not, but probably
not.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> No. All meters do not come with control solution. The Contour does
>>> not.
>>> And no, I am not going to Google anything. You made the claim. It's up
>>> to you to prove it. I don't get paid to Google. I use Swagbucks.

>> I've never seen a meter yet that doesn't come with control solution.

> The Bayer Contour doesn't. Been using it for years!
>
> http://www.bayercontour.com/Blood-Gl...toring/Contour

Okay - it doesn't *come with* control solution, but one is available. A
quick look through the FAQ section shows:

"How do I properly perform a control solution test with Bayer's CONTOUR®
meter?" followed by a step-by-step solution.

So - not all meters come with control solutions, but I'm certain that all
home use meters have control solutions available.

Was this helpful?

(/me deletes sarcastic comments typed in a foul mood.)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Bjørn Steensrud" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I've never seen a meter yet that doesn't come with control solution.

>> The Bayer Contour doesn't. Been using it for years!
>>
>> http://www.bayercontour.com/Blood-Gl...toring/Contour

> Okay - it doesn't *come with* control solution, but one is available. A
> quick look through the FAQ section shows:
>
> "How do I properly perform a control solution test with Bayer's CONTOUR®
> meter?" followed by a step-by-step solution.
>
> So - not all meters come with control solutions, but I'm certain that all
> home use meters have control solutions available.
>
> Was this helpful?
>
> (/me deletes sarcastic comments typed in a foul mood.)

I will go look because... When I first got the meter, I think I called and
was told that there was no such solution. But it has been several years
now.

Interesting! I do see that it is available. Hmmm... I stand corrected.

Cottage Cheese And Peas Curry psaragu Recipes 1 02-02-2011 12:24 PM
peas A Moose In Love General Cooking 19 20-07-2010 09:54 PM
Microwave Risotto With Peas and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Rusty[_1_] Recipes (moderated) 0 02-10-2008 02:39 AM
Peas and Pasta with Cheese jbbrwcky Vegetarian cooking 0 14-01-2006 10:01 AM
peas and thank you Julia Altshuler General Cooking 15 05-07-2004 09:11 PM