Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Taco Seasoning

Ya'll seem to love this website so much, so here is a recipe from there.
Please show me where the carbs are!?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/

a.. 1 tablespoon chili powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
a.. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
a.. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
a.. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
a.. 1 teaspoon sea salt
a.. 1 teaspoon black pepper

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:28:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> Ya'll seem to love this website so much, so here is a recipe from there.
> Please show me where the carbs are!?
>
> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/
>
> a.. 1 tablespoon chili powder
> a.. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
> a.. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
> a.. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
> a.. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
> a.. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
> a.. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
> a.. 1 teaspoon sea salt
> a.. 1 teaspoon black pepper

The only ingredient listed that doesn't have some carb content is the sea
salt.

All plant life has some carbs.

basilisk
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"basilisk" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:28:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Ya'll seem to love this website so much, so here is a recipe from there.
>> Please show me where the carbs are!?
>>
>> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/
>>
>> a.. 1 tablespoon chili powder
>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
>> a.. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
>> a.. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
>> a.. 1 teaspoon sea salt
>> a.. 1 teaspoon black pepper

> The only ingredient listed that doesn't have some carb content is the sea
> salt.
>
> All plant life has some carbs.
>
> basilisk

Two people said that Taco Seasoning was loaded with carbs. This is no more
loaded with carbs than any other kind of herb/spice. Neither is my
pre-mixed stuff.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 07:09:15 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> "basilisk" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:28:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Ya'll seem to love this website so much, so here is a recipe from there.
>>> Please show me where the carbs are!?
>>>
>>> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/
>>>
>>> a.. 1 tablespoon chili powder
>>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
>>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
>>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
>>> a.. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
>>> a.. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
>>> a.. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
>>> a.. 1 teaspoon sea salt
>>> a.. 1 teaspoon black pepper

>> The only ingredient listed that doesn't have some carb content is the sea
>> salt.
>>
>> All plant life has some carbs.
>>
>> basilisk

> Two people said that Taco Seasoning was loaded with carbs. This is no more
> loaded with carbs than any other kind of herb/spice. Neither is my
> pre-mixed stuff.

I finally saw that, I went through the post in reverse chronological
order.
I interpeted your post as free standing.

basilisk
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"basilisk" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 07:09:15 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> The only ingredient listed that doesn't have some carb content is the
>>> sea
>>> salt.
>>>
>>> All plant life has some carbs.
>>>
>>> basilisk

>> Two people said that Taco Seasoning was loaded with carbs. This is no
>> more
>> loaded with carbs than any other kind of herb/spice. Neither is my
>> pre-mixed stuff.

> I finally saw that, I went through the post in reverse chronological
> order.
> I interpeted your post as free standing.

No prob.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"basilisk" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Two people said that Taco Seasoning was loaded with carbs. This is no
>>> more
>>> loaded with carbs than any other kind of herb/spice. Neither is my
>>> pre-mixed stuff.

>> I finally saw that, I went through the post in reverse chronological
>> order.
>> I interpeted your post as free standing.

>No prob.

Most commercially made packets of taco seasoning mix include both
sugar and some sort of thickener such as cornstarch. The also seem to
include quite a large amount of sodium, but the carbs would be the
sugar and the thickening agent.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> I finally saw that, I went through the post in reverse chronological
>>> order.
>>> I interpeted your post as free standing.

>>No prob.
>>

> Most commercially made packets of taco seasoning mix include both
> sugar and some sort of thickener such as cornstarch. The also seem to
> include quite a large amount of sodium, but the carbs would be the
> sugar and the thickening agent.

And I did say that I was not using a packet. I do not buy packets of
anything and I never have. And yet they still said it would be loaded with
carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:26:15 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"basilisk" > wrote in message
t...

>>>No prob.
>>>

>> Most commercially made packets of taco seasoning mix include both
>> sugar and some sort of thickener such as cornstarch. The also seem to
>> include quite a large amount of sodium, but the carbs would be the
>> sugar and the thickening agent.

>And I did say that I was not using a packet. I do not buy packets of
>anything and I never have. And yet they still said it would be loaded with
>carbs.

I guess this is a case of "no good deed goes unpunished" People are
trying to help you.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:26:15 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Karen" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"

et...

>>> Most commercially made packets of taco seasoning mix include both
>>> sugar and some sort of thickener such as cornstarch. The also seem to
>>> include quite a large amount of sodium, but the carbs would be the
>>> sugar and the thickening agent.

>>And I did say that I was not using a packet. I do not buy packets of
>>anything and I never have. And yet they still said it would be loaded
>>with
>>carbs.
>>

> I guess this is a case of "no good deed goes unpunished" People are
> trying to help you.

How in the world is that helping me? I said I was not using a packet and I
even gave the brand that I am using. Not that they could check it online
because their website is currently down.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:38:24 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:26:15 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>And I did say that I was not using a packet. I do not buy packets of
>>>anything and I never have. And yet they still said it would be loaded
>>>with
>>>carbs.
>>>

>> I guess this is a case of "no good deed goes unpunished" People are
>> trying to help you.

>How in the world is that helping me? I said I was not using a packet and I
>even gave the brand that I am using. Not that they could check it online
>because their website is currently down.

Personally, I think you just like to complain. How many people here
have offered suggestions? You could certainly use some lessons in
manners that's for sure.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:38:24 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Karen" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:26:15 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"

m...

>>> I guess this is a case of "no good deed goes unpunished" People are
>>> trying to help you.

>>How in the world is that helping me? I said I was not using a packet and
>>even gave the brand that I am using. Not that they could check it online
>>because their website is currently down.
>>

> Personally, I think you just like to complain. How many people here
> have offered suggestions? You could certainly use some lessons in
> manners that's for sure.

I guess I don't really care what you think personally. Two people I think
offered me real suggestions. The others offered me suggestions to a
question I didn't ask. I know how to make enchiladas and all sorts of
Mexican food. What I don't know is how to cook chicken because I don't EAT
chicken!

And what have you added to all of this? Nothing. You're just picking at
me.

Taco Seasoning Mix Janet Wilder[_1_] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-08-2008 03:16 AM
taco seasoning Morris General Cooking 18 08-10-2006 04:21 AM
REQ - taco seasoning mix Dieter Zakas General Cooking 27 15-01-2006 12:43 PM
Taco Seasoning... Me General Cooking 23 26-03-2005 07:04 AM
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 07-01-2004 02:25 PM