Old 28-09-2012, 02:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Taco Seasoning

Ya'll seem to love this website so much, so here is a recipe from there.
Please show me where the carbs are!?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/

a.. 1 tablespoon chili powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
a.. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
a.. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
a.. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
a.. 1 teaspoon sea salt
a.. 1 teaspoon black pepper

Old 28-09-2012, 02:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:28:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

Ya'll seem to love this website so much, so here is a recipe from there.
Please show me where the carbs are!?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/

a.. 1 tablespoon chili powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
a.. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
a.. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
a.. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
a.. 1 teaspoon sea salt
a.. 1 teaspoon black pepper

The only ingredient listed that doesn't have some carb content is the sea
salt.

All plant life has some carbs.

basilisk
Old 28-09-2012, 03:09 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"basilisk" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:28:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

Ya'll seem to love this website so much, so here is a recipe from there.
Please show me where the carbs are!?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/

a.. 1 tablespoon chili powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
a.. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
a.. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
a.. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
a.. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
a.. 1 teaspoon sea salt
a.. 1 teaspoon black pepper

The only ingredient listed that doesn't have some carb content is the sea
salt.

All plant life has some carbs.

basilisk

Two people said that Taco Seasoning was loaded with carbs. This is no more
loaded with carbs than any other kind of herb/spice. Neither is my
pre-mixed stuff.

Old 28-09-2012, 04:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 07:09:15 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
[...]

I finally saw that, I went through the post in reverse chronological
order.
I interpeted your post as free standing.

basilisk

Old 28-09-2012, 09:25 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

. ..

"basilisk" wrote in message
[...]

Most commercially made packets of taco seasoning mix include both
sugar and some sort of thickener such as cornstarch. The also seem to
include quite a large amount of sodium, but the carbs would be the
sugar and the thickening agent.
Old 28-09-2012, 09:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"basilisk" wrote in message
[...]

And I did say that I was not using a packet. I do not buy packets of
anything and I never have. And yet they still said it would be loaded with
carbs.

Old 28-09-2012, 10:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:26:15 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

t...

"basilisk" wrote in message
[...]

I guess this is a case of "no good deed goes unpunished" People are
trying to help you.
Old 29-09-2012, 06:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:26:15 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

et...

"basilisk" wrote in message
[...]

How in the world is that helping me? I said I was not using a packet and I
even gave the brand that I am using. Not that they could check it online
because their website is currently down.

Old 29-09-2012, 10:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:38:24 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

news:[email protected] net...

"basilisk" wrote in message
[...]

Personally, I think you just like to complain. How many people here
have offered suggestions? You could certainly use some lessons in
manners that's for sure.

Old 29-09-2012, 10:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:38:24 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:26:15 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:54 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

news:[email protected] .net...

"basilisk" wrote in message
[...]

I guess I don't really care what you think personally. Two people I think
offered me real suggestions. The others offered me suggestions to a
question I didn't ask. I know how to make enchiladas and all sorts of
Mexican food. What I don't know is how to cook chicken because I don't EAT
chicken!

And what have you added to all of this? Nothing. You're just picking at
me.

Taco Seasoning Mix Janet Wilder[_1_] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-08-2008 03:16 AM
taco seasoning Morris General Cooking 18 08-10-2006 04:21 AM
REQ - taco seasoning mix Dieter Zakas General Cooking 27 15-01-2006 11:43 AM
Taco Seasoning... Me General Cooking 23 26-03-2005 06:04 AM
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 07-01-2004 01:25 PM