Old 29-09-2012, 06:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
chicken breasts?

I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it, and
bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

Thanks. I might try that next time. She will eat salsa but not usually
real tomatoes. I don't know why. My brother is the same way.

Old 29-09-2012, 06:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
chicken breasts?

I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it, and
bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

And melted cheese over the top for a quick parmiagiana style meal.

Well that she wouldn't eat. She likes cheese by itself or once in awhile a
grilled cheese sandwich or macaroni and cheese. But she doesn't really like
cheese in or on things otherwise. She even complained about her beans
tonight. She said she wanted no cheese on the taco but it was okay on the
beans. I think they took all of the cheese that would have been on her taco
and in my food and put it in her beans. I think because she had to do
without cheese for so long, she no longer has a taste for it like that. The
same thing happened to me. I used to like nachos. But I found that once I
resumed eating cheese, it was just too much for me. I no longer eat cheese
and I find that even the faux cheese can be offputting. I seem to only like
it on pizza and then only the tiniest sprinkle. I found that once I put
even a little on beans or nachos, they didn't taste good. The taste was
just overwhelming.

Old 29-09-2012, 06:50 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

I asked
what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have
Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken
with
something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet
they
did go out of their way to answer that.

You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
"boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

Right. For the chicken. Did I mention anything else? I only said chicken
because that is all I wanted to fix. Chicken.

Old 29-09-2012, 07:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

I asked
what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with
Mexican
seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have
Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken
with
something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet
they
did go out of their way to answer that.

You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
"boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

Right. For the chicken. Did I mention anything else? I only said
chicken because that is all I wanted to fix. Chicken.

OK, how about pan frying, baking, boiling, or grilling a chicken breast then
simply place one of these next to it...and you'll have one of *your* Mexican
Chicken Breasts with no extra ingredients.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/fiest...aleSku=27/1053

Cheri

Old 20-10-2012, 07:03 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
Angela.
: Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
: chicken breasts?
:
: Maybe something here would work.
:
:
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx

: I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken. Like
: enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb with
her
: meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken. Not
put
: it *in* something.
There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used in
this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per tortilla,
and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
these for all kinds of things.

She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked for
that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.

And the circle is now complete.

Old 20-10-2012, 07:12 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:45:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I don't know what this "spices that I like" thing is. I don't eat chicken.
I don't know what is normally put in it.l All I know is that Angela usually
does not like my chicken. She likes some from an Italian restaurant that
the rest of the family dislikes. They are cutlets. I asked how they made
them. They said they were marinated in olive oil and lemon juice. I tried
that and she didn't like them. I just bought a big package of chicken so I
hope she will like this recipe that I found.

After you marinated them, did you bake them or fry them in a skillet?
You know, "cooked" with "heat"?

Old 20-10-2012, 07:16 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

I asked
what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have
Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken
with
something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet
they
did go out of their way to answer that.

You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
"boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

Right. For the chicken. Did I mention anything else? I only said chicken
because that is all I wanted to fix. Chicken.

Normal, emotionally stable, people use recipes with more than
ingredient.

Giving you a recipe for chix quesadea is exactly what was asked for,
just not what your concrete mind and grasp.

Old 20-10-2012, 07:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

[...]

Put the Chix inside and break the dinner pinata.