Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

Seeing as how I have a cupboard full of beans and also some bacon tucked
away, I will be making a new to me recipe next week. It was posted recently
on the food newsgroup. I have all of the ingredients except for needing
fresh garlic, more onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro.

That will probably be the bulk of my meals for next week. We are going to
go to Winco this week so hopefully I will be able to get some fresh produce.
We did not go this week because I really only needed a few things that I
couldn't get at Target or Costco and I didn't want to drive all the way out
there. Plus our day was not normal because I went to a friend's party and
left there later than I intended to. Another friend wound up going to
dinner with us and by the time I took her home, it was much later than we
would normally do our shopping. But... When I went to Albertsons I just
refused to pay their prices. $1.99 for a small red pepper when they were 69
cents at Winco for a really large one? Nope.

Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
chicken breasts? Mostly I have failed in making chicken that she likes to
eat. I did get some Teriyaki marinade that doesn't quite conform to the
South Beach diet but... I have been using just enough to dampen the meat
and give it some flavor. She did like that until I made the last batch and
burned it. But that wouldn't go so well with the Mexican beans.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Seeing as how I have a cupboard full of beans and also some bacon tucked
> away, I will be making a new to me recipe next week. It was posted
> recently on the food newsgroup. I have all of the ingredients except for
> needing fresh garlic, more onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro.
>
> That will probably be the bulk of my meals for next week. We are going to
> go to Winco this week so hopefully I will be able to get some fresh
> produce. We did not go this week because I really only needed a few things
> that I couldn't get at Target or Costco and I didn't want to drive all the
> way out there. Plus our day was not normal because I went to a friend's
> party and left there later than I intended to. Another friend wound up
> going to dinner with us and by the time I took her home, it was much later
> than we would normally do our shopping. But... When I went to Albertsons
> I just refused to pay their prices. $1.99 for a small red pepper when
> they were 69 cents at Winco for a really large one? Nope.
>
> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
> chicken breasts? Mostly I have failed in making chicken that she likes to
> eat. I did get some Teriyaki marinade that doesn't quite conform to the
> South Beach diet but... I have been using just enough to dampen the meat
> and give it some flavor. She did like that until I made the last batch
> and burned it. But that wouldn't go so well with the Mexican beans.

Does she like chicken quesadillas?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I'd like to try green salsa aka salsa verde on tacos sometime.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
> chicken breasts?

Maybe something here would work.

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:46:49 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
> wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> chicken breasts?

>Maybe something here would work.
>
>http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx

Thank you. I just went and had a look. I found a chicken enchilada
casserole that I'm going to cook for dinner tonight.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Seeing as how I have a cupboard full of beans and also some bacon tucked
>> away, I will be making a new to me recipe next week. It was posted
>> recently on the food newsgroup. I have all of the ingredients except for
>> needing fresh garlic, more onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro.
>>
>> That will probably be the bulk of my meals for next week. We are going
>> to go to Winco this week so hopefully I will be able to get some fresh
>> produce. We did not go this week because I really only needed a few
>> things that I couldn't get at Target or Costco and I didn't want to drive
>> all the way out there. Plus our day was not normal because I went to a
>> friend's party and left there later than I intended to. Another friend
>> wound up going to dinner with us and by the time I took her home, it was
>> much later than we would normally do our shopping. But... When I went
>> to Albertsons I just refused to pay their prices. $1.99 for a small red
>> pepper when they were 69 cents at Winco for a really large one? Nope.
>>
>> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> chicken breasts? Mostly I have failed in making chicken that she likes
>> to eat. I did get some Teriyaki marinade that doesn't quite conform to
>> the South Beach diet but... I have been using just enough to dampen the
>> meat and give it some flavor. She did like that until I made the last
>> batch and burned it. But that wouldn't go so well with the Mexican
>> beans.
>>

> Does she like chicken quesadillas?

No. Hates them actually.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> I'd like to try green salsa aka salsa verde on tacos sometime.

It's good.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> chicken breasts?

> Maybe something here would work.
>
> http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx

I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken. Like
enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb with her
meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken. Not put
it *in* something.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Cheri" > wrote in message
: ...
: > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >
: >> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
: >> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
: >> chicken breasts?
: >
: > Maybe something here would work.
: >
: > http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx

: I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken. Like
: enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb with her
: meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken. Not put
: it *in* something.
There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used in
this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per tortilla,
and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
these for all kinds of things.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >
> : >> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
> Angela.
> : >> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
> : >> chicken breasts?
> : >
> : > Maybe something here would work.
> : >
> : >
> http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx
>
> : I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken. Like
> : enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb with
> her
> : meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken. Not
> put
> : it *in* something.
> There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used in
> this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per tortilla,
> and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
> these for all kinds of things.

She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked for
that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Seeing as how I have a cupboard full of beans and also some bacon
> tucked away, I will be making a new to me recipe next week. It was
> posted recently on the food newsgroup. I have all of the ingredients
> except for needing fresh garlic, more onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and
> cilantro.
>
> That will probably be the bulk of my meals for next week. We are
> going to go to Winco this week so hopefully I will be able to get some
> fresh produce. We did not go this week because I really only needed a
> few things that I couldn't get at Target or Costco and I didn't want
> to drive all the way out there. Plus our day was not normal because I
> went to a friend's party and left there later than I intended to.
> Another friend wound up going to dinner with us and by the time I took
> her home, it was much later than we would normally do our shopping.
> But... When I went to Albertsons I just refused to pay their prices.
> $1.99 for a small red pepper when they were 69 cents at Winco for a
> really large one? Nope.
>
> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
> Angela. Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless,
> skinless chicken breasts?

Burrito style. Cube the chicken and fry it in a bit of oil then add the
seasonings.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Seeing as how I have a cupboard full of beans and also some bacon tucked
>> away, I will be making a new to me recipe next week. It was posted
>> recently on the food newsgroup. I have all of the ingredients except for
>> needing fresh garlic, more onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro.
>>
>> That will probably be the bulk of my meals for next week. We are going
>> to go to Winco this week so hopefully I will be able to get some fresh
>> produce. We did not go this week because I really only needed a few
>> things that I couldn't get at Target or Costco and I didn't want to drive
>> all the way out there. Plus our day was not normal because I went to a
>> friend's party and left there later than I intended to. Another friend
>> wound up going to dinner with us and by the time I took her home, it was
>> much later than we would normally do our shopping. But... When I went to
>> Albertsons I just refused to pay their prices. $1.99 for a small red
>> pepper when they were 69 cents at Winco for a really large one? Nope.
>>
>> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for Angela.
>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> chicken breasts?

> Burrito style. Cube the chicken and fry it in a bit of oil then add the
> seasonings.

I might try that next. I have a recipe for baking in the oven. Of course I
would find something that wouldn't involve the three new pans I have been
itching to use.

When you cube it, how long does it cook for? My big mistake is always in
cooking it for too long. My mom always cooked her meat to death which is
probably one reason why I dislike meat so much today. I tend to do the same
after once serving my husband some chicken that caused him to shriek that it
was raw in the middle. It wasn't. It was just slightly pink. Oh and his
mom cooked meat to death too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>> Burrito style. Cube the chicken and fry it in a bit of oil then add
>> the seasonings.

> I might try that next. I have a recipe for baking in the oven. Of
> course I would find something that wouldn't involve the three new pans
> I have been itching to use.
>
> When you cube it, how long does it cook for? My big mistake is always
> in cooking it for too long. My mom always cooked her meat to death
> which is probably one reason why I dislike meat so much today. I tend
> to do the same after once serving my husband some chicken that caused
> him to shriek that it was raw in the middle. It wasn't. It was just
> slightly pink. Oh and his mom cooked meat to death too.

Couple of minutes. I cut a piece open to see if it is cooked.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Burrito style. Cube the chicken and fry it in a bit of oil then add the
>>> seasonings.

>> I might try that next. I have a recipe for baking in the oven. Of
>> course I would find something that wouldn't involve the three new pans I
>> have been itching to use.
>>
>> When you cube it, how long does it cook for? My big mistake is always in
>> cooking it for too long. My mom always cooked her meat to death which is
>> probably one reason why I dislike meat so much today. I tend to do the
>> same after once serving my husband some chicken that caused him to shriek
>> that it was raw in the middle. It wasn't. It was just slightly pink. Oh
>> and his mom cooked meat to death too.

> Couple of minutes. I cut a piece open to see if it is cooked.

OMG! I was cooking it for like 20 minutes. I did cut back on that slightly
after someone (was it here?) said that was too long. My mom still thinks 20
minutes isn't enough.

You probably never saw the commercial for it there but there used to be a
Shake and Bake commercial for pork chops. Started out with a guy saying
something like... Fried pork chops can be dry! Baked pork chops can be
dry! And then they would tell you to use the Shake and Bake because those
chops were not dry. Well let me tell ya. At our house they were dry!

The first time I had pork chops that were not dry were at my MIL's house. I
had to go cook for her for about a week after my FIL: died. She did have
cookbooks in the house but I wasn't sure how many or which ones she kept
after they moved. So I wrote a few down that looked easy. One was for pork
chops. It was soooo easy. Just salt and pepper on them. Lightly oiled
pan. Cook 10 minutes on each side. I remember serving them with applesauce
but can't remember what all else. Everyone kept commenting on how good the
were.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> : ...
>> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> : > ...
>> : >
>> : >> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
>> Angela.
>> : >> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> : >> chicken breasts?
>> : >
>> : > Maybe something here would work.
>> : >
>> : >
>> http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx
>>
>> : I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken. Like
>> : enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb with
>> her
>> : meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken. Not
>> put
>> : it *in* something.
>> There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used in
>> this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per tortilla,
>> and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
>> these for all kinds of things.

>She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
>eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
>wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked for
>that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
>recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
>no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.

Once again, people go out of their way to offer suggestions and all
Julie does is bitch.

Ross

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

.... ...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

<Ross@home> wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>>
>>> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> : ...
>>> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> : > ...
>>> : >
>>> : >> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
>>> Angela.
>>> : >> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless,
>>> skinless
>>> : >> chicken breasts?
>>> : >
>>> : > Maybe something here would work.
>>> : >
>>> : >
>>> http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx
>>>
>>> : I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken.
>>> Like
>>> : enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb
>>> with
>>> her
>>> : meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken.
>>> Not
>>> put
>>> : it *in* something.
>>> There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used
>>> in
>>> this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per
>>> tortilla,
>>> and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
>>> these for all kinds of things.

>>She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
>>eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
>>wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked
>>for
>>that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
>>recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
>>no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.
>>

> Once again, people go out of their way to offer suggestions and all
> Julie does is bitch.

Yeah and why are they doing that? I do not understand that at all. I asked
what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have a
Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken with
something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet they
did go out of their way to answer that.

Would be kind of like if I asked if they knew where I could buy a discount
priced wedding dress and then they gave me a link to a website that sells
track suits. Or shoes. Right? At least that's how it seems to me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:38:04 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

><Ross@home> wrote in message
>news
>> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
>>>eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
>>>wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked
>>>for
>>>that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
>>>recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
>>>no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.
>>>

>> Once again, people go out of their way to offer suggestions and all
>> Julie does is bitch.

>Yeah and why are they doing that? I do not understand that at all. I asked
>what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
>favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
>seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have a
>Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken with
>something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet they
>did go out of their way to answer that.
>
>Would be kind of like if I asked if they knew where I could buy a discount
>priced wedding dress and then they gave me a link to a website that sells
>track suits. Or shoes. Right? At least that's how it seems to me.

Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:38:04 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>><Ross@home> wrote in message
>>news
>>> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Once again, people go out of their way to offer suggestions and all
>>> Julie does is bitch.

>>Yeah and why are they doing that? I do not understand that at all. I
>>asked
>>what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
>>favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
>>seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have a
>>Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken
>>with
>>something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet
>>they
>>did go out of their way to answer that.
>>
>>Would be kind of like if I asked if they knew where I could buy a discount
>>priced wedding dress and then they gave me a link to a website that sells
>>track suits. Or shoes. Right? At least that's how it seems to me.
>>

> Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
> breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
> 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
> thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
> poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
> seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.

Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I have
some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
beef.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Karen > wrote:
: On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:38:04 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
: > wrote:

: >
: ><Ross@home> wrote in message
: >news : >> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
: >> > wrote:
: >>
: >>>
: >>>"W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: >>>> Julie Bove > wrote:
: >>>>
: >>>> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
: >>>> : ...
: >>>> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: >>>> : > ...
: >>>> : >
[...]

You can also saute it in a pan for about 4 mins a side, until lightly
browned with the spices you lik right on it or, after sauteing the chicken
cutlets, remove them to a plate and cover to keep warm. Then you can make
a little sauce, in the same pan, with some liquid of your choice, water,
lemon juice, wine, broth, etc into which you put the spices and theput the
chicken cutles in the hot sauce and cook for a minute or two.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Karen" > wrote in message
: >
: > Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
: > breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
: > 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
: > thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
: > poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
: > seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.

: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I have
: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
: beef.

CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:41:29 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>Julie Bove > wrote:
>
>: "Karen" > wrote in message
>: >
>: > Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
>: > breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
>: > 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
>: > thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
>: > poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
>: > seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
>
>: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I have
>: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
>: beef.
>
>CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
>salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

`
I have never used adobo so I don't know what's in it. I usually use
chili powder, chipotle flakes or cumin if I want it extra spicy, a
scant amount of salt, garlic and sometimes oregano. The packets are
quite expensive for what you get.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
> chicken breasts?

I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it, and
bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> I asked
> what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
> favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
> seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have a
> Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken with
> something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet they
> did go out of their way to answer that.

You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
"boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Karen" > wrote in message
> : >
> : > Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
> : > breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
> : > 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
> : > thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
> : > poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
> : > seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
>
> : Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I
> : have
> : some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
> : beef.
>
> CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
> salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

I get my adobo from Penzeys, and it's a salt-free blend. Once when I ran
out, I bought some in the supermarket, and it was dominantly salt, and I
ended up tossing it.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> chicken breasts?

> I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it,
> and
> bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

And melted cheese over the top for a quick parmiagiana style meal.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Karen" > wrote in message
> : >
> : > Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
> : > breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
> : > 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
> : > thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
> : > poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
> : > seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
>
> : Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I
> have
> : some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for
> ground
> : beef.
>
> CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
> salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

Okay. Thanks! I used some of that years ago. Different brand. But I have
never used this kind. Can't remember where I bought it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:41:29 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
> Baker" > wrote:
>
>>Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>>: "Karen" > wrote in message
>>: >
>>: > Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
>>: > breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
>>: > 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
>>: > thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
>>: > poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
>>: > seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
>>
>>: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I
>>have
>>: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for
>>ground
>>: beef.
>>
>>CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
>>salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.
>>

> `
> I have never used adobo so I don't know what's in it. I usually use
> chili powder, chipotle flakes or cumin if I want it extra spicy, a
> scant amount of salt, garlic and sometimes oregano. The packets are
> quite expensive for what you get.

I don't know about packets. My mom was big into packets. It's about the
only way she knows how to cook. And I never liked anything she made using a
packet. The spaghetti sauce was red lumps and watery stuff. The taco
seasoning was horrid. I think maybe she didn't cook it long enough or
something. Was always very soupy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "W. Baker" > wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "Karen" > wrote in message
>> : >
>> : > Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless
>> chicken
>> : > breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
>> : > 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on
>> the
>> : > thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
>> : > poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
>> : > seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
>>
>> : Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I
>> : have
>> : some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for
>> ground
>> : beef.
>>
>> CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
>> salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

> I get my adobo from Penzeys, and it's a salt-free blend. Once when I ran
> out, I bought some in the supermarket, and it was dominantly salt, and I
> ended up tossing it.

I have never bought Penzeys. I know people are impressed by them but when
I looked, the few things that I might have been interested in buying had
extra things in them that I don't need or want in my food.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> [...]
> : >
>
> : Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
> : breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
> : 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
> : thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
> : poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
> : seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
>
> You can also saute it in a pan for about 4 mins a side, until lightly
> browned with the spices you lik right on it or, after sauteing the chicken
> cutlets, remove them to a plate and cover to keep warm. Then you can make
> a little sauce, in the same pan, with some liquid of your choice, water,
> lemon juice, wine, broth, etc into which you put the spices and theput the
> chicken cutles in the hot sauce and cook for a minute or two.

I don't know what this "spices that I like" thing is. I don't eat chicken.
I don't know what is normally put in it.l All I know is that Angela usually
does not like my chicken. She likes some from an Italian restaurant that
the rest of the family dislikes. They are cutlets. I asked how they made
them. They said they were marinated in olive oil and lemon juice. I tried
that and she didn't like them. I just bought a big package of chicken so I
hope she will like this recipe that I found.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> chicken breasts?

> I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it, and
> bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

Thanks. I might try that next time. She will eat salsa but not usually
real tomatoes. I don't know why. My brother is the same way.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>>> chicken breasts?

>> I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it, and
>> bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

> And melted cheese over the top for a quick parmiagiana style meal.

Well that she wouldn't eat. She likes cheese by itself or once in awhile a
grilled cheese sandwich or macaroni and cheese. But she doesn't really like
cheese in or on things otherwise. She even complained about her beans
tonight. She said she wanted no cheese on the taco but it was okay on the
beans. I think they took all of the cheese that would have been on her taco
and in my food and put it in her beans. I think because she had to do
without cheese for so long, she no longer has a taste for it like that. The
same thing happened to me. I used to like nachos. But I found that once I
resumed eating cheese, it was just too much for me. I no longer eat cheese
and I find that even the faux cheese can be offputting. I seem to only like
it on pizza and then only the tiniest sprinkle. I found that once I put
even a little on beans or nachos, they didn't taste good. The taste was
just overwhelming.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> I asked
>> what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
>> favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
>> seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have
>> Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken
>> with
>> something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet
>> they
>> did go out of their way to answer that.

> You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
> preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
> "boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

Right. For the chicken. Did I mention anything else? I only said chicken
because that is all I wanted to fix. Chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> I asked
>>> what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
>>> favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with
>>> Mexican
>>> seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have
>>> Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken
>>> with
>>> something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet
>>> they
>>> did go out of their way to answer that.

>> You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
>> preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
>> "boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

> Right. For the chicken. Did I mention anything else? I only said
> chicken because that is all I wanted to fix. Chicken.

OK, how about pan frying, baking, boiling, or grilling a chicken breast then
simply place one of these next to it...and you'll have one of *your* Mexican
Chicken Breasts with no extra ingredients.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/fiest...aleSku=27/1053

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> : ...
>> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> : > ...
>> : >
>> : >> Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
>> Angela.
>> : >> Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
>> : >> chicken breasts?
>> : >
>> : > Maybe something here would work.
>> : >
>> : >
>> http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx
>>
>> : I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken. Like
>> : enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb with
>> her
>> : meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken. Not
>> put
>> : it *in* something.
>> There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used in
>> this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per tortilla,
>> and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
>> these for all kinds of things.

>She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
>eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
>wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked for
>that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
>recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
>no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.

And the circle is now complete.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:45:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I don't know what this "spices that I like" thing is. I don't eat chicken.
>I don't know what is normally put in it.l All I know is that Angela usually
>does not like my chicken. She likes some from an Italian restaurant that
>the rest of the family dislikes. They are cutlets. I asked how they made
>them. They said they were marinated in olive oil and lemon juice. I tried
>that and she didn't like them. I just bought a big package of chicken so I
>hope she will like this recipe that I found.

After you marinated them, did you bake them or fry them in a skillet?
You know, "cooked" with "heat"?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:50:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>news
>> In article >,
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> I asked
>>> what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
>>> favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
>>> seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have
>>> Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken
>>> with
>>> something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet
>>> they
>>> did go out of their way to answer that.

>> You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
>> preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
>> "boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

>Right. For the chicken. Did I mention anything else? I only said chicken
>because that is all I wanted to fix. Chicken.

Normal, emotionally stable, people use recipes with more than
ingredient.

Giving you a recipe for chix quesadea is exactly what was asked for,
just not what your concrete mind and grasp.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 23:05:32 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
>>> preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as
>>> "boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican seasoning."

>> Right. For the chicken. Did I mention anything else? I only said
>> chicken because that is all I wanted to fix. Chicken.

>OK, how about pan frying, baking, boiling, or grilling a chicken breast then
>simply place one of these next to it...and you'll have one of *your* Mexican
>Chicken Breasts with no extra ingredients.
>
>http://www.orientaltrading.com/fiest...aleSku=27/1053
>
>Cheri

Put the Chix inside and break the dinner pinata.