Old 28-09-2012, 04:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

.... ...

Old 28-09-2012, 06:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

[email protected] wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Target has chicken on sale so I will be buying some of that for
Angela.
: Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless,
skinless
: chicken breasts?
:
: Maybe something here would work.
:
:
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/meat-a...n/ViewAll.aspx

: I don't think so. Those appear to be recipes that *use* chicken.
Like
: enchiladas. Seeing as how she is only allowed one serving of carb
with
her
: meal, those wouldn't work. I just need a way to cook the chicken.
Not
put
: it *in* something.
There are all kinds of low carb tortillas available that could be used
in
this kind of recipe. I get some that are small and 3 carbs per
tortilla,
and others that arae large(like a wrap) with about 6 net carbs. I use
these for all kinds of things.

She does *not* eat low carb. She is on the South Beach diet. She can not
eat low carb tortillas and neither can I because of the ingredients. If I
wanted a recipe for something that involved tortillas I would have asked
for
that. I did not. I foolishly assumed that somebody might actually have a
recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast with a Mexican seasoning. But
no. All I get are other recipes that are not for that.

Once again, people go out of their way to offer suggestions and all
Julie does is bitch.

Yeah and why are they doing that? I do not understand that at all. I asked
what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have a
Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken with
something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet they
did go out of their way to answer that.

Would be kind of like if I asked if they knew where I could buy a discount
priced wedding dress and then they gave me a link to a website that sells
track suits. Or shoes. Right? At least that's how it seems to me.

Old 28-09-2012, 09:23 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:38:04 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

[email protected] wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
[...]

Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
Old 28-09-2012, 09:27 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[email protected] wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
[...]

Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I have
some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
beef.

Old 28-09-2012, 09:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: wrote:

:
: [email protected] wrote in message
: news : On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
: wrote:
:
:
: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Cheri" wrote in message
: : ...
: : "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: : ...
: :
[...]

You can also saute it in a pan for about 4 mins a side, until lightly
browned with the spices you lik right on it or, after sauteing the chicken
cutlets, remove them to a plate and cover to keep warm. Then you can make
a little sauce, in the same pan, with some liquid of your choice, water,
lemon juice, wine, broth, etc into which you put the spices and theput the
chicken cutles in the hot sauce and cook for a minute or two.

Wendy

Old 28-09-2012, 09:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Karen" wrote in message
:
: Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
: breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
: 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
: thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
: poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
: seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.

: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I have
: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
: beef.

CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

Wendy

Old 28-09-2012, 09:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:41:29 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Karen" wrote in message
:
: Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
: breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
: 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
: thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
: poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
: seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.

: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I have
: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
: beef.

CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

`
I have never used adobo so I don't know what's in it. I usually use
chili powder, chipotle flakes or cumin if I want it extra spicy, a
scant amount of salt, garlic and sometimes oregano. The packets are
quite expensive for what you get.
Old 28-09-2012, 10:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
chicken breasts?

I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it, and
bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Old 28-09-2012, 10:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

I asked
what I thought was a very clear and specific question. Do you have a
favorite recipe for boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked with Mexican
seasoning? How more specific could I be? I did not say... Do you have a
Mexican recipe that uses chicken? Do you know how we could eat chicken with
something else and make it low carb? Nope. Didn't ask that. And yet they
did go out of their way to answer that.

You said, and I quote: "Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for
preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts?" That is not the same as

Old 28-09-2012, 10:24 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"W. Baker" wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Karen" wrote in message
:
: Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
: breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
: 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
: thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
: poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
: seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.

: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I
: have
: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
: beef.

CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

I get my adobo from Penzeys, and it's a salt-free blend. Once when I ran
out, I bought some in the supermarket, and it was dominantly salt, and I
ended up tossing it.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Old 29-09-2012, 05:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Anyone know of a Mexican type recipe for preparing boneless, skinless
chicken breasts?

I like to just put raw chicken in a pan, pour jarred salsa over it,
and
bake it at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Yummy.

And melted cheese over the top for a quick parmiagiana style meal.

Old 29-09-2012, 06:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Karen" wrote in message
:
: Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
: breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
: 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
: thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
: poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
: seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.

: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I
have
: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for
ground
: beef.

CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

Okay. Thanks! I used some of that years ago. Different brand. But I have
never used this kind. Can't remember where I bought it.

Old 29-09-2012, 06:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Baker" wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Karen" wrote in message
:
[...]

I don't know about packets. My mom was big into packets. It's about the
only way she knows how to cook. And I never liked anything she made using a
packet. The spaghetti sauce was red lumps and watery stuff. The taco
seasoning was horrid. I think maybe she didn't cook it long enough or
something. Was always very soupy.

Old 29-09-2012, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Karen" wrote in message
:
[...]

I have never bought Penzeys. I know people are impressed by them but when
I looked, the few things that I might have been interested in buying had
extra things in them that I don't need or want in my food.

Old 29-09-2012, 06:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: wrote:

:
: [email protected] wrote in message
: news : On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:20:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
: wrote:
:
:
: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Cheri" wrote in message
: : ...
: : "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: : ...
: :
[...]

I don't know what this "spices that I like" thing is. I don't eat chicken.
I don't know what is normally put in it.l All I know is that Angela usually
does not like my chicken. She likes some from an Italian restaurant that
the rest of the family dislikes. They are cutlets. I asked how they made
them. They said they were marinated in olive oil and lemon juice. I tried
that and she didn't like them. I just bought a big package of chicken so I
hope she will like this recipe that I found.