Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are you going to stockpile food?

Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list of
what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on that
list.

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...he-Drought.htm

I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer the
canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would think
the drought might not affect tuna.

Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
more. And a few more bags of popcorn.

I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
sauce.

I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.

Do you plan to stockpile?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I normally stock up on canned veggies, pasta sauce and cereal but I'm
not saving more than usual.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list of
> what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on that
> list.
>
> http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...he-Drought.htm
>
> I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
> hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
> beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer the
> canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would
> think the drought might not affect tuna.
>
> Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
> bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
> more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
>
> I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
> sauce.
>
> I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
> always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
>
> Do you plan to stockpile?

No. Stockpiling just drives prices higher. Remember the "rice shortage?"

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list
>> of what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on
>> that list.
>>
>> http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...he-Drought.htm
>>
>> I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
>> hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
>> beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer
>> the canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would
>> think the drought might not affect tuna.
>>
>> Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
>> bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
>> more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
>>
>> I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
>> sauce.
>>
>> I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
>> always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
>>
>> Do you plan to stockpile?

> No. Stockpiling just drives prices higher. Remember the "rice shortage?"

True.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list of
> what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on that
> list.
>
> http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...-Due-To-The-Dr
> ought.htm
>
> I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
> hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
> beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer the
> canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would think
> the drought might not affect tuna.

Canned chicken?! That aside, you don't worry about methylmercury in the
tuna?

> Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
> bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
> more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
>
> I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
> sauce.
>
> I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
> always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
>
> Do you plan to stockpile?

Here in Northern California, we are urged to have 3 days of food and
water in our homes, because of earthquakes, or government attacks.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Billy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list
>> of
>> what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on that
>> list.
>>
>> http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...-Due-To-The-Dr
>> ought.htm
>>
>> I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
>> hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
>> beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer
>> the
>> canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would
>> think
>> the drought might not affect tuna.

> Canned chicken?! That aside, you don't worry about methylmercury in the
> tuna?
>>
>> Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
>> bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
>> more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
>>
>> I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
>> sauce.
>>
>> I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
>> always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
>>
>> Do you plan to stockpile?

> Here in Northern California, we are urged to have 3 days of food and
> water in our homes, because of earthquakes, or government attacks.

Yes. I know. Not only did I live in CA but have lived in military housing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list of
> what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on that
> list.
>
> http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...-Due-To-The-Dr
> ought.htm
>
> I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
> hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
> beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer the
> canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would think
> the drought might not affect tuna.
>
> Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
> bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
> more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
>
> I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
> sauce.
>
> I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
> always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
>
> Do you plan to stockpile?

if YOU stockpile food you will only be subjecting us to complaints about lack of
space and/or how cruddy the stockpiled food tastes when you use it. Of course,
with you, there is always the possibility that by the time you would actually
use the stockpiled food, you will have once again self-diagnosed your multitude
of symptoms and change your diet...then you will whine about what to do with all
this surplus food
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" > wrote:

> In article >, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>
> > Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list of
> > what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on that
> > list.
> >
> > http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...le-Due-To-The-
> > Dr
> > ought.htm
> >
> > I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
> > hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned ground
> > beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer the
> > canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would think
> > the drought might not affect tuna.
> >
> > Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and I
> > bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to get
> > more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
> >
> > I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
> > sauce.
> >
> > I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
> > always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
> >
> > Do you plan to stockpile?

> if YOU stockpile food you will only be subjecting us to complaints about lack
> of
> space and/or how cruddy the stockpiled food tastes when you use it. Of
> course,
> with you, there is always the possibility that by the time you would actually
> use the stockpiled food, you will have once again self-diagnosed your
> multitude
> of symptoms and change your diet...then you will whine about what to do with
> all
> this surplus food

Whoa man, you gotta chill. "Julie Bove" is "Julie Bove", there is no
fear of confusion, it is obvious who she is, a known quantity. We all
have our own little idiosyncracies. You are as predictable as she is.
She obviously pushes your buttons, but that is no reason for you to
meltdown on line in the group.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
or
E Pluribus Unum
Green Party Nominee Jill Stein & Running Mate, Cheri Honkala
<http://www.democracynow.org/2012/7/13/green_party_nominee_jill_stein_running>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Billy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" > wrote:
>
>> In article >, "Julie Bove"
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Food prices are going to go up in the US due to drought. Here's a list
>> > of
>> > what to stockpile although some of it seems like it shouldn't be on
>> > that
>> > list.
>> >
>> > http://frugalliving.about.com/od/sto...le-Due-To-The-
>> > Dr
>> > ought.htm
>> >
>> > I don't usually like to freeze meat unless it is cooked. I do keep
>> > hamburger patties and plain cooked ground beef plus taco seasoned
>> > ground
>> > beef. I do keep some cooked chicken but Angela really seems to prefer
>> > the
>> > canned and that is easy to stockpile. Same for tuna although I would
>> > think
>> > the drought might not affect tuna.
>> >
>> > Costco currently has packages of whole wheat pasta for a good price and
>> > bought a huge bag of their brown rice. I have some beans but plan to
>> > get
>> > more. And a few more bags of popcorn.
>> >
>> > I think I will also buy more canned things like green beans and tomato
>> > sauce.
>> >
>> > I don't like to keep too much excess food in the house because there is
>> > always the chance that it will go bad before we can eat it.
>> >
>> > Do you plan to stockpile?

>> if YOU stockpile food you will only be subjecting us to complaints about
>> lack
>> of
>> space and/or how cruddy the stockpiled food tastes when you use it. Of
>> course,
>> with you, there is always the possibility that by the time you would
>> actually
>> use the stockpiled food, you will have once again self-diagnosed your
>> multitude
>> of symptoms and change your diet...then you will whine about what to do
>> with
>> all
>> this surplus food

> Whoa man, you gotta chill. "Julie Bove" is "Julie Bove", there is no
> fear of confusion, it is obvious who she is, a known quantity. We all
> have our own little idiosyncracies. You are as predictable as she is.
> She obviously pushes your buttons, but that is no reason for you to
> meltdown on line in the group.
>
> --
> Welcome to the New America.
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
> or
> E Pluribus Unum
> Green Party Nominee Jill Stein & Running Mate, Cheri Honkala
> <http://www.democracynow.org/2012/7/13/green_party_nominee_jill_stein_running>

He is in my KF so I don't see what he says unless he is quoted. I most
assuredly won't complain about how cruddy the stockpiled food tastes because
it is mostly beans and beans are my favorite food! The only beans I have
ever had that I disliked were BBQ beans and whatever it is that they call
baked beans in the area where my inlaws live in PA. They are butter beans
in some sort of sweet tomato sauce. I like butter beans. Just not like
that. I am also not overly fond of ham. So you won't see me making beans
like that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article
Billy > wrote:

> Whoa man, you gotta chill. "Julie Bove" is "Julie Bove", there is no
> fear of confusion, it is obvious who she is, a known quantity. We all
> have our own little idiosyncracies. You are as predictable as she is.
> She obviously pushes your buttons, but that is no reason for you to
> meltdown on line in the group.

oh I was just making predictions about her future rants. it's sort of like an
office pool