FoodBanter.com

-   -   Thanks Cheri! (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/419316-thanks-cheri.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 13-08-2012 07:34 AM

Thanks Cheri!

I made the celery salad but not exactly right. I was in a hurry so just did
plain slices. And I forgot to buy fresh parsley so I mixed some dried into
the dressing. I only bought two lemons but they were huge. I didn't
measure the juice or the oil. Just eyeballed it but I wound up with more
juice to oil and too much dressing for the amount of celery I had. But it
was VERY good. Both Angela and I loved it. Husband though was being a big
old doo doo head and refused to even try it. Fine! More for us then.
Angela had the cheese on hers and I only had the walnuts. Probably
shouldn't have eaten it though because now my stomach is feeling a bit
uncertain but... It's very hot here (well for here) today so that was good
to have for dinner.

Cheri[_3_] 13-08-2012 02:52 PM

Thanks Cheri!

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I made the celery salad but not exactly right. I was in a hurry so just
>did plain slices. And I forgot to buy fresh parsley so I mixed some dried
>into the dressing. I only bought two lemons but they were huge. I didn't
>measure the juice or the oil. Just eyeballed it but I wound up with more
>juice to oil and too much dressing for the amount of celery I had. But it
>was VERY good. Both Angela and I loved it. Husband though was being a big
>old doo doo head and refused to even try it. Fine! More for us then.
>Angela had the cheese on hers and I only had the walnuts. Probably
>shouldn't have eaten it though because now my stomach is feeling a bit
>uncertain but... It's very hot here (well for here) today so that was good
>to have for dinner.

YW, I was pleasantly surprised myself when I saw Ina making it. I just
didn't really think of celery as a stand alone salad, and one thing I do
like about it is that celery does stay crisp for a few days so not a huge
hurry to use it. I wash and clean the celery then stand it upright in a
container in the fridge, but it stays nice in the crisper too, of just on
the shelf for that matter.

Cheri

Billy[_9_] 18-08-2012 01:26 AM

Thanks Cheri!

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >I made the celery salad but not exactly right. I was in a hurry so just
> >did plain slices. And I forgot to buy fresh parsley so I mixed some dried
> >into the dressing. I only bought two lemons but they were huge. I didn't
> >measure the juice or the oil. Just eyeballed it but I wound up with more
> >juice to oil and too much dressing for the amount of celery I had. But it
> >was VERY good. Both Angela and I loved it. Husband though was being a big
> >old doo doo head and refused to even try it. Fine! More for us then.
> >Angela had the cheese on hers and I only had the walnuts. Probably
> >shouldn't have eaten it though because now my stomach is feeling a bit
> >uncertain but... It's very hot here (well for here) today so that was good
> >to have for dinner.

> YW, I was pleasantly surprised myself when I saw Ina making it. I just
> didn't really think of celery as a stand alone salad, and one thing I do
> like about it is that celery does stay crisp for a few days so not a huge
> hurry to use it. I wash and clean the celery then stand it upright in a
> container in the fridge, but it stays nice in the crisper too, of just on
> the shelf for that matter.
>
> Cheri

I miss the celery hearts that I enjoyed so much as a kid. Celery these
days comes with it shorn off.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Ozgirl 18-08-2012 01:30 AM

Thanks Cheri!

"Billy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Cheri" > wrote:
>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> >I made the celery salad but not exactly right. I was in a hurry so
>> >just
>> >did plain slices. And I forgot to buy fresh parsley so I mixed some
>> >dried
>> >into the dressing. I only bought two lemons but they were huge. I
>> >didn't
>> >measure the juice or the oil. Just eyeballed it but I wound up with
>> >more
>> >juice to oil and too much dressing for the amount of celery I had.
>> >But it
>> >was VERY good. Both Angela and I loved it. Husband though was
>> >being a big
>> >old doo doo head and refused to even try it. Fine! More for us
>> >then.
>> >Angela had the cheese on hers and I only had the walnuts. Probably
>> >shouldn't have eaten it though because now my stomach is feeling a
>> >bit
>> >uncertain but... It's very hot here (well for here) today so that
>> >was good
>> >to have for dinner.

>> YW, I was pleasantly surprised myself when I saw Ina making it. I
>> just
>> didn't really think of celery as a stand alone salad, and one thing I
>> do
>> like about it is that celery does stay crisp for a few days so not a
>> huge
>> hurry to use it. I wash and clean the celery then stand it upright in
>> container in the fridge, but it stays nice in the crisper too, of
>> just on
>> the shelf for that matter.
>>
>> Cheri

> I miss the celery hearts that I enjoyed so much as a kid. Celery these
> days comes with it shorn off.

We can get it here, actually it is the way most shops sell celery. Some
also sell single sticks by the kilo. The heart and leaves I use in
soups.

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-08-2012 05:40 AM

Thanks Cheri!

"Billy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Cheri" > wrote:
>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> >I made the celery salad but not exactly right. I was in a hurry so just
>> >did plain slices. And I forgot to buy fresh parsley so I mixed some
>> >dried
>> >into the dressing. I only bought two lemons but they were huge. I
>> >didn't
>> >measure the juice or the oil. Just eyeballed it but I wound up with
>> >more
>> >juice to oil and too much dressing for the amount of celery I had. But
>> >it
>> >was VERY good. Both Angela and I loved it. Husband though was being a
>> >big
>> >old doo doo head and refused to even try it. Fine! More for us then.
>> >Angela had the cheese on hers and I only had the walnuts. Probably
>> >shouldn't have eaten it though because now my stomach is feeling a bit
>> >uncertain but... It's very hot here (well for here) today so that was
>> >good
>> >to have for dinner.

>> YW, I was pleasantly surprised myself when I saw Ina making it. I just
>> didn't really think of celery as a stand alone salad, and one thing I do
>> like about it is that celery does stay crisp for a few days so not a huge
>> hurry to use it. I wash and clean the celery then stand it upright in a
>> container in the fridge, but it stays nice in the crisper too, of just on
>> the shelf for that matter.
>>
>> Cheri

> I miss the celery hearts that I enjoyed so much as a kid. Celery these
> days comes with it shorn off.

You can still buy the hearts here but they are my least favorite part.