FoodBanter.com

-   -   Anyone Tried Making Frozen Yogurt? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/418798-anyone-tried-making-frozen.html)

Janet 10-07-2012 12:48 AM

Anyone Tried Making Frozen Yogurt?

I was thinking about making some low carb frozen Greek yogurt with xylitol
or a combo of sweeteners, and wondered if anyone had some words of wisdom?

Cheri[_3_] 10-07-2012 12:52 AM

"Janet" > wrote in message
>I was thinking about making some low carb frozen Greek yogurt with xylitol
>or a combo of sweeteners, and wondered if anyone had some words of wisdom?

I don't, sorry, but I would be interested too.

Cheri

Colt T 10-07-2012 01:58 AM

Anyone Tried Making Frozen Yogurt?

You can buy frozen yogurt but the good bacteria are all dead :-(

Janet 10-07-2012 10:49 PM

Colt T wrote:
> You can buy frozen yogurt but the good bacteria are all dead :-(

I can't buy frozen yogurt without sugar in it. At least, not that I've seen.
I really don't care about the bacteria in this instance.

A B 11-07-2012 05:38 AM

Anyone Tried Making Frozen Yogurt?

I just researched it myself and read to use greek yogurt OR you can
drain full fat yogurt in cheesecloth and it becomes greek yogurt. I
happen to have a brand from Kroger stores called Carb Masters so I can
buy any flavor in that and use it. I also read a tip to put the sugar in
a blender or food processor(I used a magic bullet) and turn it into
powder because the granules crystalize otherwise. The recipe I found was
for a strawberry cheesecake flavor using cream cheese added to the
yogurt and swirling in sugarfree strawberry preserves....it was yummy!