Sherry

Default Cran-Apple Oatmeal

"Gumbo" > wrote in :

> Cran-Apple Oatmeal

Sounds marvelous, *however* oatmeal shoots my blood sugars way up -
even the old fashioned kind and it not cooked to mush! I can imagine
with the added fruit what it would do to me!

I love the stuff too - great on a cold morning.

Diabetes is *so* frustrating sometimes. Sometimes, heck - 99% of the
time. I just got back from a trip to New Orleans and was unable to
really enjoy the marvelous food down there because most of it would
have spiked my blood sugars something fierce.

Sherry
Nicky

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Gumbo" > wrote in :
>
>> Cran-Apple Oatmeal

> Sounds marvelous, *however* oatmeal shoots my blood sugars way up -
> even the old fashioned kind and it not cooked to mush! I can imagine
> with the added fruit what it would do to me!

Sherry, have you tried flaxmeal porridge? I'm currently eating a mix of a
scoop of protein powder, 2-3 desertspoons of flax meal and about 1/4 cup of
berries all mixed with hot water & sweetener for breakfast, tastes great and
doesn't upset the meter at all.

Nicky.

--
HbA1c 10.5/6.4/<6 Weight 95/81/72
1g Metformin, 75ug Thyroxine

Nicky

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Gumbo" > wrote in :
>
>> Cran-Apple Oatmeal

> Sounds marvelous, *however* oatmeal shoots my blood sugars way up -
> even the old fashioned kind and it not cooked to mush! I can imagine
> with the added fruit what it would do to me!

Sherry, have you tried flaxmeal porridge? I'm currently eating a mix of a
scoop of protein powder, 2-3 desertspoons of flax meal and about 1/4 cup of
berries all mixed with hot water & sweetener for breakfast, tastes great and
doesn't upset the meter at all.

Nicky.

--
HbA1c 10.5/6.4/<6 Weight 95/81/72
1g Metformin, 75ug Thyroxine
T2 DX 05/2004

Alan

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:05:09 -0500, "Gumbo" > wrote:

> Amount *****per serving*******

> Calories 350
> Calories From Fat 36
> Total Fat 4 g
> Saturated Fat 1 g
> Cholestrol 5 mg
> Sodium 437 mg
> **************Total Carbohydrate 64 g****************
> Dietary Fiber 6 g
> Sugars 35 g
> Protein 16 g

Hi Gumbo

You posted it in alt.food.diabetic. Would you mind clarifying what makes
this suitable diabetic fare?

I've highlighted what IMO makes it highly unsuitable.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:05:09 -0500, "Gumbo" > wrote:

> Amount *****per serving*******

> Calories 350
> Calories From Fat 36
> Total Fat 4 g
> Saturated Fat 1 g
> Cholestrol 5 mg
> Sodium 437 mg
> **************Total Carbohydrate 64 g****************
> Dietary Fiber 6 g
> Sugars 35 g
> Protein 16 g

Hi Gumbo

You posted it in alt.food.diabetic. Would you mind clarifying what makes
this suitable diabetic fare?

I've highlighted what IMO makes it highly unsuitable.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.

Julie Bove

"Alan" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:05:09 -0500, "Gumbo" > wrote:
>
> > Amount *****per serving*******

> > Calories 350
> > Calories From Fat 36
> > Total Fat 4 g
> > Saturated Fat 1 g
> > Cholestrol 5 mg
> > Sodium 437 mg
> > **************Total Carbohydrate 64 g****************
> > Dietary Fiber 6 g
> > Sugars 35 g
> > Protein 16 g

> Hi Gumbo
>
> You posted it in alt.food.diabetic. Would you mind clarifying what makes
> this suitable diabetic fare?
>
> I've highlighted what IMO makes it highly unsuitable.

I was thinking we could all share a serving! Maybe if we passed the bowl
around, each taking one bite and using a spoon suitable for infants, it
would be doable.

--
See my webpage:

Julie Bove

"Alan" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:05:09 -0500, "Gumbo" > wrote:
>
> > Amount *****per serving*******

> > Calories 350
> > Calories From Fat 36
> > Total Fat 4 g
> > Saturated Fat 1 g
> > Cholestrol 5 mg
> > Sodium 437 mg
> > **************Total Carbohydrate 64 g****************
> > Dietary Fiber 6 g
> > Sugars 35 g
> > Protein 16 g

> Hi Gumbo
>
> You posted it in alt.food.diabetic. Would you mind clarifying what makes
> this suitable diabetic fare?
>
> I've highlighted what IMO makes it highly unsuitable.

I was thinking we could all share a serving! Maybe if we passed the bowl
around, each taking one bite and using a spoon suitable for infants, it
would be doable.

--
See my webpage:

MaryL

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Gumbo" > wrote in :
>
>> Cran-Apple Oatmeal

> Sounds marvelous, *however* oatmeal shoots my blood sugars way up -
> even the old fashioned kind and it not cooked to mush! I can imagine
> with the added fruit what it would do to me!
>
> I love the stuff too - great on a cold morning.
>
> Diabetes is *so* frustrating sometimes. Sometimes, heck - 99% of the
> time. I just got back from a trip to New Orleans and was unable to
> really enjoy the marvelous food down there because most of it would
> have spiked my blood sugars something fierce.
>
> Sherry

Old-fashioned oatmeal doesn't seem to affect my BG (even when I add a
handful of fresh blueberries to it). That's fortunate because I love it, so
I have that several days a week. However, I have read that steel-cut
oatmeal is much better for diabetics. I haven't seen any in the grociery
stores, so I am going to check with a health food store "someday." Have you
tried that?

MaryL

Sherry

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in
:
<snip>

However, I have read
> that steel-cut oatmeal is much better for diabetics. I haven't seen
> any in the grociery stores, so I am going to check with a health
> food store "someday." Have you tried that?
>
> MaryL

Nope, after the way the other oatmeal skyrocketed my blood sugars, I
decided to just forget about it....

S.

Cran-Apple Dumplings Duckie ® Recipes 1 21-01-2007 08:55 PM
Cran-Apple from Generic Juice Dumpster Winemaking 1 27-02-2006 09:00 AM
Chunky Apple Oatmeal Pancakes Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-07-2005 03:45 AM
ko~ MRS FIELDS' APPLE OATMEAL COOKIES ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 10-11-2004 09:02 PM
Hot Apple Oatmeal Alan Diabetic 0 07-10-2004 01:43 PM