Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default bg 97 2 hrs after mac and cheese and green beans

3/4 C of reg mac with about 6 oz of shred sharp cheddar melted on top, I
only ate half with 1/2 can of green beans. I did use Barilla Plus mac
but can't get it now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> 3/4 C of reg mac with about 6 oz of shred sharp cheddar melted on top, I
> only ate half with 1/2 can of green beans. I did use Barilla Plus mac
> but can't get it now.

And what was your BG prior? Mine would drop pretty low if that was all that
I ate.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

If what I ate was a small meal to you maybe you eat way too much, I did
mean 3/4 C of mac before cooking. It was a full plate of food.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> If what I ate was a small meal to you maybe you eat way too much, I did
> mean 3/4 C of mac before cooking. It was a full plate of food.

Food needs to be measured after cooking. No telling how much you really
ate.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

3/4 C of uncooked mac is likely 1.5 C cooked. To make mac and cheese I
don't want the mac cooling off because the heat in it helps melt the
cheese on top in the oven.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> 3/4 C of uncooked mac is likely 1.5 C cooked. To make mac and cheese I
> don't want the mac cooling off because the heat in it helps melt the
> cheese on top in the oven.

Then that's not an abnormally large meal. That would be what I eat. And I
would be fine with that.

I don't have to measure my food because I have measured my bowls. I know
how big each bowl is.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Again, I only ate half of the mac and cheese at a time, or 3/4 C of it
cooked.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> Again, I only ate half of the mac and cheese at a time, or 3/4 C of it
> cooked.

In that case my BG would have been very low.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Colt T" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Again, I only ate half of the mac and cheese at a time, or 3/4 C of it
: > cooked.

: In that case my BG would have been very low.

If I ate that, I certanly would have had a high bg as woudl many of us
with type 2 on this list. risking a hypo with a dish such a mad and
cheese woudl not be a problem for most of us, unless it sent us so high
that we had a reactive hypo, or a fast fall after to high a reading.

Julie, your reactions are totally remarkable as I knowof no one else who
responds to assorted foods as you do.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Colt T" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Again, I only ate half of the mac and cheese at a time, or 3/4 C of it
> : > cooked.
>
> : In that case my BG would have been very low.
>
> If I ate that, I certanly would have had a high bg as woudl many of us
> with type 2 on this list. risking a hypo with a dish such a mad and
> cheese woudl not be a problem for most of us, unless it sent us so high
> that we had a reactive hypo, or a fast fall after to high a reading.
>
> Julie, your reactions are totally remarkable as I knowof no one else who
> responds to assorted foods as you do.

What? Seriously? That's 1.25 servings. I know plenty of diabetics. They
can *all* eat one serving of carbs without spiking. They can even eat 2
servings without spiking.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : "Colt T" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > Again, I only ate half of the mac and cheese at a time, or 3/4 C of it
: > : > cooked.
: >
: > : In that case my BG would have been very low.
: >
: > If I ate that, I certanly would have had a high bg as woudl many of us
: > with type 2 on this list. risking a hypo with a dish such a mad and
: > cheese woudl not be a problem for most of us, unless it sent us so high
: > that we had a reactive hypo, or a fast fall after to high a reading.
: >
: > Julie, your reactions are totally remarkable as I knowof no one else who
: > responds to assorted foods as you do.

: What? Seriously? That's 1.25 servings. I know plenty of diabetics. They
: can *all* eat one serving of carbs without spiking. They can even eat 2
: servings without spiking.

How much fwhat kind of meds are they takeing and are they really testing
pp?

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
> : >
> : > : "Colt T" > wrote in message
> : > : ...
> : > : > Again, I only ate half of the mac and cheese at a time, or 3/4 C
> of it
> : > : > cooked.
> : >
> : > : In that case my BG would have been very low.
> : >
> : > If I ate that, I certanly would have had a high bg as woudl many of us
> : > with type 2 on this list. risking a hypo with a dish such a mad and
> : > cheese woudl not be a problem for most of us, unless it sent us so
> high
> : > that we had a reactive hypo, or a fast fall after to high a reading.
> : >
> : > Julie, your reactions are totally remarkable as I knowof no one else
> who
> : > responds to assorted foods as you do.
>
> : What? Seriously? That's 1.25 servings. I know plenty of diabetics.
> They
> : can *all* eat one serving of carbs without spiking. They can even eat
> 2
> : servings without spiking.
>
> How much fwhat kind of meds are they takeing and are they really testing
> pp?

Various meds or no meds and yes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Some claim eating green beans right before bed lowers fbg the next am
but I dunno.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Colt T wrote:
> Some claim eating green beans right before bed lowers fbg the next am
> but I dunno.

Like who?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Look up green beans fasting blood sugar in search, I wouldn't want green
beans right before bed.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well you did say you used canned chili beans with the franks. This is
the first mention I have seen of green beans.

"Colt T" > wrote in message
> Look up green beans fasting blood sugar in search, I wouldn't want
> green
> beans right before bed.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Well you did say you used canned chili beans with the franks. This is the
> first mention I have seen of green beans.

He mentioned them in another thread. Said eating them before bed caused
lower BG in the morning. However, he never quotes what he is replying to
and when I asked him for a cite he told me to do a search on it. I am
getting sick of it and he's about to go in my KF.