FoodBanter.com

-   -   Do you get angry about food? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/417130-do-you-get-angry.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-04-2012 07:56 AM

Do you get angry about food?

I have been reading all these diet books lately. And according to them we
should eat everything organic, mainly non-starchy veggies, fish and chicken.
And apparently not much else. Brown rice is okay for some. The most recent
book recommended that we (meaning everyone) have a shake for breakfast that
involved rice protein, pea protein, or chia protein with some ice, hemp or
nut milk, a little non-citrus fruit, ground flax, walnut oil and some nuts.
There was another version that involved tofu. On the one hand this Dr. was
telling us not to eat anything that is processed or has a label on it. On
the other hand he is telling us we need to slug this stuff down every
morning. His recipes also involve canned beans. He said we should feel
free to eat 2 pounds of asparagus or broccoli if we wanted to. Now I like
most vegetables but even I couldn't eat 2 pounds of them.

So that is how the regular person is supposed to eat. Now if we have
diabetes or a weight problem or some sort of other medical problem then our
diet should be even more limited. I look at what we are supposed to eat,
according to these experts and I just don't even want to eat! It is easier
for me to just go hungry than to have to force down something I really
dislike.

So Angela pointed out to me that we are seeing countless people walking
around eating Subway, McDonalds, donuts, candy, cookies, ice cream, etc.
They are skinny and they do not have any medical problems. So that kind of
makes me angry. Not that I want to eat the crap that I see them eating.
Because I don't. But part of me gets angry that I can't just eat what I
want to with no consequences.

Why is it some people can do this and we can't?

RodS 18-04-2012 09:55 AM

Do you get angry about food?

On 18/04/2012 4:56 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Why is it some people can do this and we can't?

Very bad choice of Grandparents !

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=

Ross@home 18-04-2012 02:09 PM

Do you get angry about food?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:56:04 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I have been reading all these diet books lately. And according to them we
>should eat everything organic, mainly non-starchy veggies, fish and chicken.
>And apparently not much else. Brown rice is okay for some. The most recent
>book recommended that we (meaning everyone) have a shake for breakfast that
>involved rice protein, pea protein, or chia protein with some ice, hemp or
>nut milk, a little non-citrus fruit, ground flax, walnut oil and some nuts.
>There was another version that involved tofu. On the one hand this Dr. was
>telling us not to eat anything that is processed or has a label on it. On
>the other hand he is telling us we need to slug this stuff down every
>morning. His recipes also involve canned beans. He said we should feel
>free to eat 2 pounds of asparagus or broccoli if we wanted to. Now I like
>most vegetables but even I couldn't eat 2 pounds of them.
>
>So that is how the regular person is supposed to eat. Now if we have
>diabetes or a weight problem or some sort of other medical problem then our
>diet should be even more limited. I look at what we are supposed to eat,
>according to these experts and I just don't even want to eat! It is easier
>for me to just go hungry than to have to force down something I really
>dislike.
>
>So Angela pointed out to me that we are seeing countless people walking
>around eating Subway, McDonalds, donuts, candy, cookies, ice cream, etc.
>They are skinny and they do not have any medical problems. So that kind of
>makes me angry. Not that I want to eat the crap that I see them eating.
>Because I don't. But part of me gets angry that I can't just eat what I
>want to with no consequences.
>
>Why is it some people can do this and we can't?

It's simple, they probably haven't had their hair tested yet so they
don't know they're either allergic or intolerant to almost anything
animal, vegetable or mineral currently known to humankind.

Ross.

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-04-2012 06:12 PM

Do you get angry about food?

<Ross@home> wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:56:04 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I have been reading all these diet books lately. And according to them we
>>should eat everything organic, mainly non-starchy veggies, fish and
>>chicken.
>>And apparently not much else. Brown rice is okay for some. The most
>>recent
>>book recommended that we (meaning everyone) have a shake for breakfast
>>that
>>involved rice protein, pea protein, or chia protein with some ice, hemp or
>>nut milk, a little non-citrus fruit, ground flax, walnut oil and some
>>nuts.
>>There was another version that involved tofu. On the one hand this Dr.
>>was
>>telling us not to eat anything that is processed or has a label on it. On
>>the other hand he is telling us we need to slug this stuff down every
>>morning. His recipes also involve canned beans. He said we should feel
>>free to eat 2 pounds of asparagus or broccoli if we wanted to. Now I like
>>most vegetables but even I couldn't eat 2 pounds of them.
>>
>>So that is how the regular person is supposed to eat. Now if we have
>>diabetes or a weight problem or some sort of other medical problem then
>>our
>>diet should be even more limited. I look at what we are supposed to eat,
>>according to these experts and I just don't even want to eat! It is
>>easier
>>for me to just go hungry than to have to force down something I really
>>dislike.
>>
>>So Angela pointed out to me that we are seeing countless people walking
>>around eating Subway, McDonalds, donuts, candy, cookies, ice cream, etc.
>>They are skinny and they do not have any medical problems. So that kind
>>of
>>makes me angry. Not that I want to eat the crap that I see them eating.
>>Because I don't. But part of me gets angry that I can't just eat what I
>>want to with no consequences.
>>
>>Why is it some people can do this and we can't?
>>

> It's simple, they probably haven't had their hair tested yet so they
> don't know they're either allergic or intolerant to almost anything
> animal, vegetable or mineral currently known to humankind.

Buh bye!

micalhassi 16-05-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] (Post 1733960)
[...]

I also like to eat mostly vegetables and similar these types of foods. Because these foods are full of energy with out fat, cholesterol and over protein. Green arteries are help to keep body in better positions. These list of foods are good for diabetes person.
Also visit site

Robert Miles[_4_] 21-05-2012 06:25 AM

Do you get angry about food?

On 4/18/2012 1:56 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I have been reading all these diet books lately. And according to them we
> should eat everything organic, mainly non-starchy veggies, fish and chicken.
> And apparently not much else. Brown rice is okay for some. The most recent
> book recommended that we (meaning everyone) have a shake for breakfast that
> involved rice protein, pea protein, or chia protein with some ice, hemp or
> nut milk, a little non-citrus fruit, ground flax, walnut oil and some nuts.
> There was another version that involved tofu. On the one hand this Dr. was
> telling us not to eat anything that is processed or has a label on it. On
> the other hand he is telling us we need to slug this stuff down every
> morning. His recipes also involve canned beans. He said we should feel
> free to eat 2 pounds of asparagus or broccoli if we wanted to. Now I like
> most vegetables but even I couldn't eat 2 pounds of them.
>
> So that is how the regular person is supposed to eat. Now if we have
> diabetes or a weight problem or some sort of other medical problem then our
> diet should be even more limited. I look at what we are supposed to eat,
> according to these experts and I just don't even want to eat! It is easier
> for me to just go hungry than to have to force down something I really
> dislike.
>
> So Angela pointed out to me that we are seeing countless people walking
> around eating Subway, McDonalds, donuts, candy, cookies, ice cream, etc.
> They are skinny and they do not have any medical problems. So that kind of
> makes me angry. Not that I want to eat the crap that I see them eating.
> Because I don't. But part of me gets angry that I can't just eat what I
> want to with no consequences.
>
> Why is it some people can do this and we can't?

Differences in metabolism. Most people don't have allergies or
diabetes.

I've found that diet books tend to have a wide variety of ideas
about what people should eat, and seldom agree.

I rarely get angry about food. But then, I usually don't feel
much emotion at all.

Storrmmee 12-06-2012 09:39 AM

Do you get angry about food?

genitics, i know this is an older thread but truth is as i always say one
size just doesn't fit all, Lee