Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Way to ruin a pizza!

I got rid of most everything in the house that I thought Angela would be
tempted to eat. I did keep one pizza crust because I had some vegan
mozzarella. So I made the pizza last night. I was in a super hurry. Put
the oregano on it then went to put it back and was like... Uh oh. Why does
that jar say oregano that is in the cupboard? Turns out I had put a liberal
amount of cilantro on it. Now I like cilantro but it doesn't belong on an
Italian type pizza. Maybe a Mexican pizza but this wasn't! I used a damp
paper towel to try to take it off. I'd say I got about half of it. I then
put too much oregano and some rosemary on it to compensate. Still tastes a
bit like cilantro. Not good at all. *sigh*

What is your favorite part of a pizza? Back when I used to eat it, I might
eat one whole slice. But then I would just pull the cheese off of other
slices and eat just that. Angela would only eat the crust and no cheese.
But my husband would eat anything. He would even eat my crusts.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> I got rid of most everything in the house that I thought Angela would be
> tempted to eat. I did keep one pizza crust because I had some vegan
> mozzarella. So I made the pizza last night. I was in a super hurry. Put
> the oregano on it then went to put it back and was like... Uh oh. Why does
> that jar say oregano that is in the cupboard? Turns out I had put a liberal
> amount of cilantro on it. Now I like cilantro but it doesn't belong on an
> Italian type pizza. Maybe a Mexican pizza but this wasn't! I used a damp
> paper towel to try to take it off. I'd say I got about half of it. I then
> put too much oregano and some rosemary on it to compensate. Still tastes a
> bit like cilantro. Not good at all. *sigh*
>
> What is your favorite part of a pizza? Back when I used to eat it, I might
> eat one whole slice. But then I would just pull the cheese off of other
> slices and eat just that. Angela would only eat the crust and no cheese.
> But my husband would eat anything. He would even eat my crusts.

isn't there sugar in pizza crusts?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My favorite part is the meat and cheese and onions

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> I got rid of most everything in the house that I thought Angela would be
>> tempted to eat. I did keep one pizza crust because I had some vegan
>> mozzarella. So I made the pizza last night. I was in a super hurry.
>> Put
>> the oregano on it then went to put it back and was like... Uh oh. Why
>> does
>> that jar say oregano that is in the cupboard? Turns out I had put a
>> liberal
>> amount of cilantro on it. Now I like cilantro but it doesn't belong on
>> an
>> Italian type pizza. Maybe a Mexican pizza but this wasn't! I used a
>> damp
>> paper towel to try to take it off. I'd say I got about half of it. I
>> then
>> put too much oregano and some rosemary on it to compensate. Still tastes
>> bit like cilantro. Not good at all. *sigh*
>>
>> What is your favorite part of a pizza? Back when I used to eat it, I
>> might
>> eat one whole slice. But then I would just pull the cheese off of other
>> slices and eat just that. Angela would only eat the crust and no cheese.
>> But my husband would eat anything. He would even eat my crusts.

> isn't there sugar in pizza crusts?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
> My favorite part is the meat and cheese and onions
>
> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>> In article >, "Julie Bove"
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I got rid of most everything in the house that I thought Angela would be
>>> tempted to eat. I did keep one pizza crust because I had some vegan
>>> mozzarella. So I made the pizza last night. I was in a super hurry.
>>> Put
>>> the oregano on it then went to put it back and was like... Uh oh. Why
>>> does
>>> that jar say oregano that is in the cupboard? Turns out I had put a
>>> liberal
>>> amount of cilantro on it. Now I like cilantro but it doesn't belong on
>>> an
>>> Italian type pizza. Maybe a Mexican pizza but this wasn't! I used a
>>> damp
>>> paper towel to try to take it off. I'd say I got about half of it. I
>>> then
>>> put too much oregano and some rosemary on it to compensate. Still
>>> tastes a
>>> bit like cilantro. Not good at all. *sigh*
>>>
>>> What is your favorite part of a pizza? Back when I used to eat it, I
>>> might
>>> eat one whole slice. But then I would just pull the cheese off of other
>>> slices and eat just that. Angela would only eat the crust and no
>>> cheese.
>>> But my husband would eat anything. He would even eat my crusts.

>> isn't there sugar in pizza crusts?

Probably but she didn't eat any pizza. She can not have any carbs on this
diet for the first few weeks except for non-starchy veggies and beans. She
can also have nuts and seeds. There are carbs in those and that's fine.

I wanted to eat the pizza myself because I had just bought a bag of the
non-dairy mozzarella. I am the only one who will eat that stuff. I had two
pizza crusts and some French bread dough. Angela doesn't really like pizza
so eating it when she was home wasn't a big deal. But I still wanted it
gone right away.

I can not do the diet she is on for a couple of reasons. One is that I
don't digest meat or vegetables well and I can't have eggs or dairy. And
the other is if I drop my carbs too low I tend to have high BG.

At the moment things are really up in the air with me regarding my diet. I
am seeing more and more normal numbers and some lows. I am having to add
more carbs because of the lows. I suspect that I need to have less insulin
now. But which one I do not know. My most recent low came before dinner.
And that is highly unusual for me.

My breakfast is always the same. Every day now. I plan to switch the bread
I am eating to a whole wheat one, provided I can find one that I can eat. I
am currently eating white bread with added flax and hemp hearts. Angela can
not have flax. I can not have oats or dairy. Neither of us can have rye.
I have yet to find a bread that fits those parameters. I may have to make
it but I *really* don't want to do that. I am really not a bread lover but
I have found that the smell of baking bread not only makes others want to
eat it but makes me want to eat it too. That goes against the grain of what
we want right now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I use 2 slices of toasted 100% whole wheat bread for the crust, never
use lowfat cheese, do use pepperoni and either pickled jalapenos or
green olives. I use Ragu pizza sauce most of the time. I use either
sharp chedar or colby jack most of the time. Green olives are
surprisingly nourishing.