Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Easter dinner

Has anyone made any plans yet? I just talked to my mom. She doesn't want
any candy this year. Yay! Now I just hope she sticks to that! I told her
I would make a big batch of baked apples with cinnamon and just the minimum
amount of sugar. I don't want to use artificial sweetener because then some
people wouldn't eat it. Plus I don't really like using it. I will drink it
in soda but I don't like it in most foods.

I don't know what all else we're having. One year I made chef Gordon
Ramsey's potato and onion dish. I can't remember the name. Thinly sliced
Yukon Gold potatoes, slices of white onion, dampened with vegetable broth
and olive oil and baked until brown. I added a lot more onion to lower the
carb count. It was really good!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Has anyone made any plans yet? I just talked to my mom. She doesn't want
> any candy this year. Yay! Now I just hope she sticks to that! I told
> her I would make a big batch of baked apples with cinnamon and just the
> minimum amount of sugar. I don't want to use artificial sweetener because
> then some people wouldn't eat it. Plus I don't really like using it. I
> will drink it in soda but I don't like it in most foods.
>
> I don't know what all else we're having. One year I made chef Gordon
> Ramsey's potato and onion dish. I can't remember the name. Thinly sliced
> Yukon Gold potatoes, slices of white onion, dampened with vegetable broth
> and olive oil and baked until brown. I added a lot more onion to lower
> the carb count. It was really good!

Yep, I'm making leg of lamb for me and my brother Tom. Will make something
else for dh who doesn't care for lamb, but haven't decided what yet. Maybe a
Costco rotisserie chicken purchased the day before. :-) Will make a nice
salad and lots of asparagus to go with it. Strawberries for me and
shortcake with the strawberries for them. My brother is bringing a jug of
homemade Kahlua so I will have a small drink of that with him, and maybe
even a tomato beer. The kids won't be here this year, so maybe I'll have
two...or not.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> Has anyone made any plans yet? I just talked to my mom. She doesn't want
> any candy this year. Yay! Now I just hope she sticks to that! I told her
> I would make a big batch of baked apples with cinnamon and just the minimum
> amount of sugar. I don't want to use artificial sweetener because then some
> people wouldn't eat it. Plus I don't really like using it. I will drink it
> in soda but I don't like it in most foods.
>
> I don't know what all else we're having. One year I made chef Gordon
> Ramsey's potato and onion dish. I can't remember the name. Thinly sliced
> Yukon Gold potatoes, slices of white onion, dampened with vegetable broth
> and olive oil and baked until brown. I added a lot more onion to lower the
> carb count. It was really good!

oh goodie. I guess we should all prepare for your inevitable rant about
something irritating or disgusting that happened at the meal
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Has anyone made any plans yet?

We had our traditional spring New England Boiled Dinner last Sunday. My
niece was with me that weekend, so I planned the dinner for Sunday
evening to coincide with when she'd need to go home. Her parents came
down for the dinner and took her home, saving me some travel with her on
the bus/subway.

On Easter weekend I'm roasting myself a turkey because it's on sale and
I love leftover turkey. So do my cats, and I recently cleaned out one
of my freezers, so I have plenty of room for containers of turkey stock
and the like.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Has anyone made any plans yet?

> We had our traditional spring New England Boiled Dinner last Sunday. My
> niece was with me that weekend, so I planned the dinner for Sunday
> evening to coincide with when she'd need to go home. Her parents came
> down for the dinner and took her home, saving me some travel with her on
> the bus/subway.
>
> On Easter weekend I'm roasting myself a turkey because it's on sale and
> I love leftover turkey. So do my cats, and I recently cleaned out one
> of my freezers, so I have plenty of room for containers of turkey stock
> and the like.

We just made our plans. My mom bought a ham at the new Whole Foods. I
don't eat ham so she is making a hamburger patty for me. Anyone know if
Omaha Steaks has pink slime in it? I hope not. I will be making those
Gordon Ramsey's potatoes. I got a new baking dish today to make them in.
All of my other baking dishes are a tad small and the roasting pan I made
them in last time is really too large. I will also be doing some green
beans. I want to roast them but need a recipe. I found one that sounded
good but they were bundled with bacon and my mom said she thought nobody
would eat those. My family is so blah. And ya'll thought *I* was a picky
eater. Putting black pepper on those babies will be taking a risk. They
loves them some bland food! I also got some dried beans at Whole Foods that
are Jacob's Cattle Trout beans. I didn't really want to buy dried beans
because it seems I am the only one who eats them but Angela wanted to scoop
them up. I am hoping if I serve them, somebody will try them. The
directions said to soak overnight then boil for 45 minutes in salted water.
I will also be making the baked apple slices with a slight amount of sugar
and some cinnamon.

My mom will be making deviled eggs and assorted raw veggies. She will be
telling my brother to bring pies. *sigh* At least one will be a sugar free
pie.