Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Do you overeat at buffets?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Jacquie > wrote:
>
> : "Bj?rn Steensrud" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > KROM wrote:
> : >
> : >> its more of the fact people don?t wash their hands after the bathroom
> : >> more
> : >> then just germs.
> : >>
> : >> think about this..everyone going into a buffet uses the door handle
> then
> : >> the money to pay if its pay ahead like many are then they touch the
> chair
> : >> or the tables etc to get their seats then they get right to the
> buffet
> : >> and
> : >> start touching everything.
> : >>
> : >> nobody goes to the place goes to the bathroom to wash their hands and
> : >> then
> : >> goes to the line..
> : >>
> : >> KROM
> : >
> : > Heh. I noticed a grandson (5 years old at the time) washing his hands
> : > after
> : > the bathroom - he used his elbow to close the faucet. But then, both
> his
> : > parents are MDs (and now PhDs).
> : > :-)
> : >
> : >
> : I heard somewhere to have your child sing a verse of Happy Birthday or a
> : song that is the same length and tell them to keep on washing until they
> are
> : done with the song...makes it a bit more fun:
>
> I learned that here frome a former poster, Barbara "pointy-?" who had been
> a nurse adn told us that they had been taught tht in nursing school.
>
> Wendy

My Sister is a nurse..maybe that's who I heard it from

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol...I dated a hippie girl with a baby and was horrified as a germaphobe to
see her shirt used as a Kleenex and my shirt used as a emergency diaper when
she ran out at the beach...

was a real eye opener..

I love babies and liked her so I tolerated all manner of grossness..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote t...

lol. Mothers are used to having weird things on themselves, like finding
yourself at the supermarket with baby poop on your shirt. Last night my
17 yr old son tried to write on me. I'm like WTF??? He said oh come on,
its been years since I have drawn on you, let me do it just once, lol.
Weirdo.