Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default weird croissants?

The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
low being 5.4.
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 04:47:21 -0800 (PST)
A Moose in Love > wrote:

> The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
> expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
> hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
> glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
> low being 5.4.

As someone else has pointed out that amounts to 84 mg/dL. That is
a very good value.

Type IIs often have a reactive phase after eating carbs. Kind of
like an underdamped suspension in a car. BG rises fast, falls below
baseline and then rises slowly to some steady-state value. I have
seen this in my own readings, and used to be part of the standard
description of type II.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
> expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
> hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
> glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
> low being 5.4.

They must have been low carb croissants. Alternatively, you discovered the
"Croissant Diet"

Henry,

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Trawley Trash wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 04:47:21 -0800 (PST)
> A Moose in Love > wrote:
>
>> The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
>> expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
>> hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
>> glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
>> low being 5.4.

> As someone else has pointed out that amounts to 84 mg/dL. That is
> a very good value.
>
> Type IIs often have a reactive phase after eating carbs. Kind of
> like an underdamped suspension in a car. BG rises fast, falls below
> baseline and then rises slowly to some steady-state value. I have
> seen this in my own readings, and used to be part of the standard
> description of type II.

My thought exactly. And as Henry and others have experienced, the low bg can
trigger a carb craving (again) and you (generic you) are on the roller
coaster ...
Member

I ever love this too amazing and too great working
i really like and enjoy it

sleep number m7 bed l sleep number m7 bed l sleep number i10 bed