Old 22-02-2012, 12:47 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default weird croissants?

The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
low being 5.4.

Old 22-02-2012, 11:36 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 04:47:21 -0800 (PST)
A Moose in Love wrote:

The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
low being 5.4.

As someone else has pointed out that amounts to 84 mg/dL. That is
a very good value.

Type IIs often have a reactive phase after eating carbs. Kind of
like an underdamped suspension in a car. BG rises fast, falls below
baseline and then rises slowly to some steady-state value. I have
seen this in my own readings, and used to be part of the standard
description of type II.

Old 23-02-2012, 01:39 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"A Moose in Love" wrote in message
The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
low being 5.4.

They must have been low carb croissants. Alternatively, you discovered the
"Croissant Diet"

Henry,

Old 23-02-2012, 02:01 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

A Moose in Love wrote:

The other day, i broke down and had some carbs; a croissant. As
expected, BG after one hour was 10.4, after two hours 8.8, and after 4
hours 4.7??? I've never, since I've had diabetes have had a blood
glucose reading this low. The day before, similar readings with the
low being 5.4.

As someone else has pointed out that amounts to 84 mg/dL. That is
a very good value.

Type IIs often have a reactive phase after eating carbs. Kind of
like an underdamped suspension in a car. BG rises fast, falls below
baseline and then rises slowly to some steady-state value. I have
seen this in my own readings, and used to be part of the standard
description of type II.

My thought exactly. And as Henry and others have experienced, the low bg can
trigger a carb craving (again) and you (generic you) are on the roller
coaster ...
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Member

I ever love this too amazing and too great working
i really like and enjoy it

sleep number m7 bed l sleep number m7 bed l sleep number i10 bed