Old 11-02-2012, 01:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

Tiger Lily wrote:
: On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: bugs
:
:
:
:
: aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful

How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there is
a treat.

Wendy

Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 11/02/2012 7:38 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
bugs

aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful

dog/kangaroo/lizard/horse/rabbit aren't locally available, but i don't
always ask what IS this that i'm eating

snake can be rubbery if overcooked........ and ya, it tastes like
chicken, kinda

ling cod eel taste very much like snake

then there is moose/elk/deer/antelope/buffalo/pheasant/duck/grouse/more
birds that are also very nice

i'm not sure i would like to try the meat that isn't locally available
on............ basic principles, you forgot cat in there too and guinea
pig and parrot and............. you know

kate

I have a never fail recipe (bushmans) for cooking parrots, to a briskly
boiling pot add 2 parrots and a good pinch of salt and 1 axe head, boil
for at least 8 hours and when the axe head is soft throw the parrots
away and eat the axe head.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Old 12-02-2012, 12:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:
: On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: bugs

: aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful

How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
is a treat.

With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 12-02-2012, 02:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
: "W. Baker" wrote:
: Tiger Lily wrote:
: : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: : beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: : bugs

: : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
:
: How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
: is a treat.

: With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P

: --
: Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
: families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
: http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
: http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

You've got it in one! Kosher, of course from an old fashioned Kosher, NY
deli, of which there are only a few left.

Wendy
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
: "W. Baker" wrote:
: Tiger Lily wrote:
: : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: : beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any
: : kind of bugs

: : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
:
: How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now
: there is a treat.

: With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P

You've got it in one! Kosher, of course from an old fashioned Kosher, NY
deli, of which there are only a few left.

And I didn't even mention chrain (we grow our own)!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

RodS wrote:

[...]

"There is no such thing as a tough child, Madam. If you boil them long
enough they always come out tender."

(W.C.Fields, I believe.)

Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
: "W. Baker" wrote:
: Nick Cramer wrote:
: : "W. Baker" wrote:
: : Tiger Lily wrote:
: : : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: : : beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any
: : : kind of bugs
:
: : : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
: :
: : How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now
: : there is a treat.
:
: : With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P

: You've got it in one! Kosher, of course from an old fashioned Kosher, NY
: deli, of which there are only a few left.

: And I didn't even mention chrain (we grow our own)!

: --
: Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their

So do I, actually in a barrel to keep it rfrom overrunning the garden, but
not with tongue or turkey:-) Yes with gefilte fish and boiled beef etc.
Never the red kind with beets-too many carbs, bt a good strog white is
positively sinus clearing!!!

Wendy
Old 14-02-2012, 06:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/11/2012 6:46 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Tiger wrote:
: On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: bugs
:
:
:
:
: aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful

How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there is
a treat.

Wendy

when i cook the beef tongue, it usually ends up gelled or is that jellied?

and yes, cook the tongue well and what a very very flavourful meat (just
don't let teenlet SEE what it is) LOL

kate
Old 14-02-2012, 06:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/11/2012 4:18 PM, RodS wrote:
[...]

OMG Rod

beverage alert!

lol

kate
Old 14-02-2012, 06:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/11/2012 5:14 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
"W. wrote:
Tiger wrote:
: On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: bugs

: aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful

How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
is a treat.

With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P

forgot........ it HAS to be Dijon mustard!

Old 14-02-2012, 07:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger wrote:
: On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind
: of bugs

: aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful

How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
is a treat.

when i cook the beef tongue, it usually ends up gelled or is that
jellied?

and yes, cook the tongue well and what a very very flavourful meat (just
don't let teenlet SEE what it is) LOL

My eight year old granddaughter loves beef tongue! She's only had it in
soup, but now wants to try a sandwich.

Old 14-02-2012, 02:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: "W. wrote:
: Tiger wrote:
: : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: : beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: : bugs
:
: : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
:
: How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
: is a treat.
:
: With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P
:

: forgot........ it HAS to be Dijon mustard!

Nope, not here. You want a good strong brown deli mustard with this
combo. I could skip the onions on a tongue sandwich and no lettuce! I
like the lettuce on the sice for these kinds of mefty meat sandwiches.

Wendy
Old 14-02-2012, 07:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: "W. wrote:
: Tiger wrote:
: : On 2/10/2012 2:56 PM, vanillabeans18 wrote:
: : beef tongue, dog/kangaroo/lizard/snake/horse/rabbit meat, any kind of
: : bugs
:
: : aspic beef tongue sandwiches are really nice and flavourful
:
: How about just sliced tongue on good rye bread with mustard! Now there
: is a treat.
:
: With some thin-sliced red onion! Dill pickle on the side. ;-P
:

: forgot........ it HAS to be Dijon mustard!

Nope, not here. You want a good strong brown deli mustard with this
combo. I could skip the onions on a tongue sandwich and no lettuce! I
like the lettuce on the sice for these kinds of mefty meat sandwiches.

Wendy

hmm, the Dijon i buy is a dark yellow with lots of dark brown spots in
it from the seeds

now i have to find deli mustard! never seen it before (that i'm aware of)

is this a Kosher specialty? or is it available in a generic grocery
store (locally, Safeway or whatever grocery store will cater to the
local population's tastes, so i just drive to a different store when
looking for xxx type of food)

kate
Old 14-02-2012, 10:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: : "W. wrote:
: : Tiger wrote:
[...]

I have no idea if it is available in your neck of the woods. Itis all
over my area in many brrands, some kosher and dome not, but it is the
mustard of the old kosher delis and it the desired one for all those gret
dJewish deli meats like corned bef, pastrami, tongue and even kosher nice
a garlicky slalami and, of course, frankfurters(with or without buns)
My favorite brands are Batampte and Hebre Nationsl(both kosher), but i
have seen deli musard in A&P in their America's Choice brand. sometime
they add horseradish to the mustard, but the ones I ike are ust pure
mustard!

Wendy
Old 14-02-2012, 11:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: : "W. wrote:
: : Tiger wrote:
[...]

There's a Nathan's (as in Coney Island hot dogs) brand that's pretty
comparable; well, it seems to have fewer additives. I'll have to check
out the Batampte when I use up my current jar.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet