Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Nutrition Info On Evelyn's Soup.

This is for 6 servings. I figure if you use a low Sodium Chicken Broth it
would lower the sodium numbers a bit. Or if you make homemade broth you can
adjust the sodium to your liking.This is by my Master Cook program.
Per Serving :
408 Calories;
28g Fat (62.7% calories from fat);
21g Protein;
17g Carbohydrate;
2g Dietary Fiber;
98mg Cholesterol;
1001mg Sodium.

Exchanges:
1/2 Grain(Starch);
2 1/2 Lean Meat;
1 Vegetable;
4 Fat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:32:31 -0700, "Jacquie"
> wrote:

>This is for 6 servings. I figure if you use a low Sodium Chicken Broth it
>would lower the sodium numbers a bit. Or if you make homemade broth you can
>adjust the sodium to your liking.This is by my Master Cook program.
>Per Serving :
>408 Calories;
>28g Fat (62.7% calories from fat);
>21g Protein;
>17g Carbohydrate;
>2g Dietary Fiber;
>98mg Cholesterol;
>1001mg Sodium.
>
>Exchanges:
>1/2 Grain(Starch);
>2 1/2 Lean Meat;
>1 Vegetable;
>4 Fat.

Thank you! I appreciate your effort!

I used my home made broth, which is not nearly so high in sodium as
the commercial stuff, but then I didn't have quite enough, just a
quart of it. So I added two more cups of water and a Knorr chicken
bouillion cube to make up the difference.

The rice and potato in the soup was really quite a small amount. It
was heavy on the veggies and the roasted, cut up chicken meat, which
filled us up comfortably.

Next time I make it, I will double up on the amount of curry powder
and perhaps add a dash of red pepper flakes. I think it would be
great if it was hotter!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 12:32 PM, Jacquie wrote:
> This is for 6 servings. I figure if you use a low Sodium Chicken Broth
> it would lower the sodium numbers a bit. Or if you make homemade broth
> you can adjust the sodium to your liking.This is by my Master Cook program.
> Per Serving :
> 408 Calories;
> 28g Fat (62.7% calories from fat);
> 21g Protein;
> 17g Carbohydrate;
> 2g Dietary Fiber;
> 98mg Cholesterol;
> 1001mg Sodium.
>
> Exchanges:
> 1/2 Grain(Starch);
> 2 1/2 Lean Meat;
> 1 Vegetable;
> 4 Fat.

i'll admit, i needed some beef broth for a sick dehydrated dog NOW,
RIGHT NOW

this meant i couldn't make the broth for him, i had to go to the store

the low sodium broth was double the cost of the others

your analysis here reminds me why i make my own broth!

and i enjoy my salt and don't have a problem eating it...........
probably due to moderation???

i laughed, teenlet was at a fast food place with his friends
he ate A single fry........... completely stunned that his friends were
able to inject THAT!

i smiled and told him "you know when you got a happy meal once or twice
a week?" "I used the salt packets they gave me, and didn't have to buy
salt for 6 years AFTER you decided to eat other foods as well" LOL

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 1:22 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:32:31 -0700, "Jacquie"
> > wrote:
>
>> This is for 6 servings. I figure if you use a low Sodium Chicken Broth it
>> would lower the sodium numbers a bit. Or if you make homemade broth you can
>> adjust the sodium to your liking.This is by my Master Cook program.
>> Per Serving :
>> 408 Calories;
>> 28g Fat (62.7% calories from fat);
>> 21g Protein;
>> 17g Carbohydrate;
>> 2g Dietary Fiber;
>> 98mg Cholesterol;
>> 1001mg Sodium.
>>
>> Exchanges:
>> 1/2 Grain(Starch);
>> 2 1/2 Lean Meat;
>> 1 Vegetable;
>> 4 Fat.
>>

> Thank you! I appreciate your effort!
>
> I used my home made broth, which is not nearly so high in sodium as
> the commercial stuff, but then I didn't have quite enough, just a
> quart of it. So I added two more cups of water and a Knorr chicken
> bouillion cube to make up the difference.
>
> The rice and potato in the soup was really quite a small amount. It
> was heavy on the veggies and the roasted, cut up chicken meat, which
> filled us up comfortably.
>
> Next time I make it, I will double up on the amount of curry powder
> and perhaps add a dash of red pepper flakes. I think it would be
> great if it was hotter!
>
> Evelyn

ooooooohhhhhhhh i bet a splash of the vietnamese hot chili pepper in oil
would be very good with this

is it me? do the dried red pepper flakes lose their heat?

kate (really can't taste any difference, even when i'm LIBERAL with the
pepper flakes on ??? Pizza or something Italian, usually)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 1/5/2012 1:22 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> > [ . . . . ]
> > Next time I make it, I will double up on the amount of curry powder
> > and perhaps add a dash of red pepper flakes. I think it would be
> > great if it was hotter!

> ooooooohhhhhhhh i bet a splash of the vietnamese hot chili pepper in oil
> would be very good with this

Szechuan!

> is it me? do the dried red pepper flakes lose their heat?
>
> kate (really can't taste any difference, even when i'm LIBERAL with the
> pepper flakes on ??? Pizza or something Italian, usually)

Peperoncillo (Thai prik bon).

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: > Next time I make it, I will double up on the amount of curry powder
: > and perhaps add a dash of red pepper flakes. I think it would be
: > great if it was hotter!
: >
: > Evelyn

: ooooooohhhhhhhh i bet a splash of the vietnamese hot chili pepper in oil
: would be very good with this

: is it me? do the dried red pepper flakes lose their heat?

: kate (really can't taste any difference, even when i'm LIBERAL with the
: pepper flakes on ??? Pizza or something Italian, usually)

I can't agree there. I used some in my turkey carcase soup and they
cooked in the soup the whole time. the sop was nicely hot fo me, a bit
too much fo rmy son. Perhapa it was the wet cooking htat released the
heat and kept in the wet soup. B the time I had the last bowl, the soup
was 4 days old and still nicely hot. It had been in the fridge not in the
pot, nine days old:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/6/2012 9:24 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> :> Next time I make it, I will double up on the amount of curry powder
> :> and perhaps add a dash of red pepper flakes. I think it would be
> :> great if it was hotter!
> :>
> :> Evelyn
>

> : ooooooohhhhhhhh i bet a splash of the vietnamese hot chili pepper in oil
> : would be very good with this
>
> : is it me? do the dried red pepper flakes lose their heat?
>
> : kate (really can't taste any difference, even when i'm LIBERAL with the
> : pepper flakes on ??? Pizza or something Italian, usually)
>
> I can't agree there. I used some in my turkey carcase soup and they
> cooked in the soup the whole time. the sop was nicely hot fo me, a bit
> too much fo rmy son. Perhapa it was the wet cooking htat released the
> heat and kept in the wet soup. B the time I had the last bowl, the soup
> was 4 days old and still nicely hot. It had been in the fridge not in the
> pot, nine days old:-)
>
> Wendy

Pease porridge hot LOL

yes, rehydrating the pepper flakes by oil or water might be the
difference...... i have some experimenting to do (and a google search to
find out what Nick is talking about LOL)
Peperoncillo (Thai prik bon).

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> [ . . . . ]
> yes, rehydrating the pepper flakes by oil or water might be the
> difference...... i have some experimenting to do (and a google search to
> find out what Nick is talking about LOL)
> Peperoncillo (Thai prik bon).

Out of an excess of kindness, I will tell you.

Peperoncillo (Thai prik bon) is the Italian name for dried chile flakes.

Peperoncini are the pickled hot Tuscan or Calabrian chiles that there used
to be a bowl of on each table at the hero (gyro) place near New York city
line on Boston Post Road, at least through the 1950's. <sigh>

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/6/2012 11:36 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
>> [ . . . . ]
>> yes, rehydrating the pepper flakes by oil or water might be the
>> difference...... i have some experimenting to do (and a google search to
>> find out what Nick is talking about LOL)
>> Peperoncillo (Thai prik bon).

> Out of an excess of kindness, I will tell you.
>
> Peperoncillo (Thai prik bon) is the Italian name for dried chile flakes.
>
> Peperoncini are the pickled hot Tuscan or Calabrian chiles that there used
> to be a bowl of on each table at the hero (gyro) place near New York city
> line on Boston Post Road, at least through the 1950's.<sigh>

ty Nick

mmmm, it's the Peperoncillo that isn't very hot for me

now to look up these Calabrian Chiles...........

kate

Evelyn Are you OK Evelyn Diabetic 12 11-09-2011 12:29 AM
Evelyn Are you OK Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 1 03-09-2011 02:26 AM
Evelyn Are you OK Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 2 02-09-2011 06:17 PM
patented formulas in the USA ,control diabetes,healthy heart, arhtritis, woman nutrition, sport nutrition..... [email protected] Diabetic 0 22-01-2006 08:07 PM
Dr.Ali's Nutrition Bible-Bestselling Nutrition book at the moment-30% off list UK price kiff Marketplace 0 03-03-2004 01:30 PM