Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> : ...
>> : > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> : > ...
>> : >>
>> : >>
>> : >> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> : >> ...
>> : >>> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> : >>> ...
>> : >>>> "All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your
>> trouble.
>> : >>>> What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life
>> the
>> : >>>> cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can
>> you get
>> : >>>> from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long
>> will it
>> : >>>> last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi
>> : >>>
>> : >>>
>> : >>> Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can
>> never do
>> : >>> anything wise in this world.
>> : >>> ~Helen Keller
>> : >>
>> : >> This is all getting beyond a joke, you all need to take a good
>> look at
>> : >> yourselves, this kind of behaviour towards a fellow human being
>> is
>> : >> shameful. I wouldn't treat a dog in this manner.
>> : >
>> : >
>> : > No you wouldn't treat a dog that way, but you and Julie treat
>> Susan that
>> : > way every chance you get, and I never see a word from you about
>> the FOAD
>> : > that Julie is throwing around all the time. Preacher, take a good
>> look at
>> : > yourself before taking others to task.
>>
>> : AFAIK, Ozgirl has never said anything unkind to me. However there
>> are quite
>> : a few dogpilers in here who are doing it now. Including those who
>> say they
>> : don't. One makes bad comments about my canned chicken or canned
>> broth and
>> : then complains that *I* say something is disgusting? Complains
>> about *my*
>> : buying prepared foods and then posts on how to reuse rotisserie
>> chicken? I
>> : don't get it. I really don't.

> That's part of your pattern Julie, you say outrageous things at times,
> and keep saying them until you **** people off enough that they
> respond in kind...and then Jan rushes to your defense with the "poor
> little Julie" thing,

That is not true. I object to people pushing advice on someone who
doesn't want it then getting hostile and insulting when their
unsolicited offered are rebuffed. If Julie just randomly started telling
people off in unprovoked attacks then she would deserve to be abused
back.

and all of a sudden you're playing the victim with a bunch of old
> "meanie heads" attacking you for no reason. As another poster said,
> it's predictable, and will probably happen again sooner or
> later...when you get bored with no attention.

She posts a huge amount of stuff and the only stuff that gets commented
on are her personal dislikes and things she says are yewww, vile,
disgusting, whatever. If it was about attention she would be demanding
it in every subject she posts about.

Susan mentioned the past post about what Dorothy posted to Julie (in a
response to a post from Evelyn). What you said at the time follows:

"Meanness alert !!!!
You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.
However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
consideration from me.
She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
conditions. She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys
her precious
darling other unhealthy treats.
Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
suggestions
should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
attitudes she espouses.
Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the
need
to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
her as though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless
adult.
I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid
drivel.
And I agree, she needs professional, mental counseling."

Cheri:

"What purpose does the meaness serve though?

> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when
she's
frustrated.

> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
> consideration from me.

What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
> conditions. She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure
> buys her precious darling other unhealthy treats.

Which is her own business IMO.

> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
> suggestions should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is,
> and the attitudes she espouses.

For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at
her
word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is support
too
IMO.

> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the
> need to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap
> about our personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half
> wit post or posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to
> dote on her as though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if
> clueless adult.

I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
newsgroup. We are more than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes
need an ear.

> I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid
> drivel.

Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time
poster
IMO."

That post of yours could pretty much have been me speaking. Yet you said
this about me today??:

> That's part of your pattern Julie, you say outrageous things at times,
> and keep saying them until you **** people off enough that they
> respond in kind...and then Jan rushes to your defense with the "poor
> little Julie" thing,

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
> [ . . . . ]
> Carbs, low carb, high carb, limited carb, these same issues come up
> again and again on these groups. I listen to my dietician. She's a
> professional, and I feel better and do well with her advice.

I listen to my glucometer. I check its accuracy by comparing my reading
with my doctors, every three months. That's when I get my A1c checked, too.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> : don't. One makes bad comments about my canned chicken or canned
>> broth and
>> : then complains that *I* say something is disgusting? Complains
>> about *my*
>> : buying prepared foods and then posts on how to reuse rotisserie
>> chicken? I
>> : don't get it. I really don't.
>>
>> : And still the question remains. Which post was it that was
>> supposed to have
>> : been of interest to me? I have asked this repeatedly now and that
>> is how
>> : this all started. And yet nobody can take the time to answer.
>>
>> I just wrote about that on the other thread. I believe it was the
>> use of
>> pureed meat and vegetables like ozgirls's friend even if you are
>> supposed
>> to be past that stage. If it works to eat soupy pureed meat adn

On another note. My daughter's MIL that I spoke about has been told they
will be taking about 1/3 of her bowel out for the cancer op on the 10th.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>> chicken? I
>>> : don't get it. I really don't.
>>>
>>> : And still the question remains. Which post was it that was supposed
>>> to have
>>> : been of interest to me? I have asked this repeatedly now and that is
>>> how
>>> : this all started. And yet nobody can take the time to answer.
>>>
>>> I just wrote about that on the other thread. I believe it was the use
>>> of
>>> pureed meat and vegetables like ozgirls's friend even if you are
>>> supposed
>>> to be past that stage. If it works to eat soupy pureed meat adn veggie
>>> soup, try it.
>>>

> On another note. My daughter's MIL that I spoke about has been told they
> will be taking about 1/3 of her bowel out for the cancer op on the 10th.

Not good!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 7:50 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:42:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:01:45 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>> NONE of us are saints, neither Susan nor Julie or you or I. There is
>>> no mistaking the term FOAD. It means **** off and die. Not nice by
>>> any means!
>>>
>>> I hope this nasty stuff gets settled soon!
>>>
>>> Peace!

>> And it wasn't meant to be nice. I am not a doormat. And I am not here to
>> be verbally abused over and over again. Seems many people here seem to
>> think it is okay to do it to me. Ah but when I do it to them? Well!

> Julie, we cannot possibly control other people, but if you think to
> yourself, "what will be the result of telling someone to **** off and
> die, will it bring peace? Will it escalate the problems? Will it
> help anyone? Will it help me?"...... I think you will discover that
> the answer to all of those questions is "no".
>
> We all get on one anothers nerves from time to time. You and I had a
> few words a while back and I was sorry that it happened and we both
> made some effort to smooth it all over.
>
> That needs to happen in this instance too, sooner or later.
>
> Evelyn

eloquent and well stated Evelyn

i don't care what barbs are the 'problem' but the FOAD? ott in my books
and inexcusable

ya, i've told folks to FOAD but they REALLY needed that line (baseless
lies and such)

i see there is a perception problem between "being treated they way YOU
just treated someone and the response YOU get being interpreted as
'attacks' when they are simply replies in context" and, no, I'm not
saying Evelyn "you" here

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 8:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Is Robert saying that perhaps I
> don't actually have it? That my Dr. was wrong? Or is he somehow laughing
> at me because I am one of the few who does have it? I don't get it. I
> really don't. If that was the post that was supposed to be helpful to*me*.
> It wasn't. Nothing wrong with the post but I just don't get the *helpful to
> me* factor.

Julie, this summarises your problem

you think people are being MEAN to you when they are trying to HELP you

I responded to assist you and got attacked.......... from what you wrote
prior you indicated NO ONE tried to help you

i have NEVER seen Robert post maliciously, not EVER

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 7:55 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> For your information, a rotisserie chicken is a FRESH chicken, cooked
> in the store, THAT DAY as opposed to being cooked in my house.
>
> On the other hand, canned broth may have been made a year ago. We
> have no way of knowing how old it is, not to mention the very fact of
> it being canned isn't really good for you. Cans are lined with
> plastic containing carcinogens.
>
> In spite of that, I occasionally will use canned broth when I am in a
> hurry too. Fresh is always better than prepared foods. A FRESH
> chicken (no matter where it is cooked) is not the same thing as
> something in a can or a box meant to last for months on end.
>
> Evelyn

grin, i do believe we have a conceptual problem here, most likely not
fixable

Evelyn, i use the broth in the 'boxes' for lack of better word, only
because those contain less salt............ is there plastic to worry
about there too? (i make most chicken broth, this is for those 'oops'
situations)

i think i'm going to have some highly process Hawkin's Cheesies right
now, i have 15 min more that i'm allowed to eat

or maybe ...........

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/4/2012 8:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Is Robert saying that perhaps I
>> don't actually have it? That my Dr. was wrong? Or is he somehow
>> laughing
>> at me because I am one of the few who does have it? I don't get it. I
>> really don't. If that was the post that was supposed to be helpful
>> to*me*.
>> It wasn't. Nothing wrong with the post but I just don't get the *helpful
>> me* factor.

> Julie, this summarises your problem
>
> you think people are being MEAN to you when they are trying to HELP you
>
> I responded to assist you and got attacked.......... from what you wrote
> prior you indicated NO ONE tried to help you
>
> i have NEVER seen Robert post maliciously, not EVER

I didn't say that he posted maliciously. The problem as I saw it was that I
honestly could not see a post that would have been helpful to me. I really
could not. Telling that someone is on a liquid diet who has been newly
diagnosed doesn't help me. I am not newly diagnosed and I know what the
gastroparesis diet is. I also know from being on the gastroparesis support
group (I'm not there any more because they all seem to be far worse off than
I am) is that what we can eat varies widely from person to person. For
instance, I can eat a lot of things that others can not.

The reason I said that no one tried to help me was that I asked specifically
what post it was that was supposed to be helpful. And instead of telling me
that it was Wendy's post, or Jan's response, I just got vague things like,
"Well it's there!" Those were not the specific words used, I'm sure but
something to that effect.

I did try to find the post and I got very frustrated by being told that it
(the mystery post) was there and then being chewed out because I wasn't
being thankful about it. How can I be thankful if I don't know what it is?
Yes, people have since told me. It could have been Wendy's post. It could
have been Jan's reply. Neither of which were helpful to me. But he must
have thought one or the other were.

The weird thing to me though was why he would even ping me here! I look as
ASD daily. I don't look at MHD daily because there are so few posts there.
I do go there frequently if there is a current discussion going on where I
feel I might be able to add something. But that isn't very often. So why
he would think he needed to ping me about it seems strange to me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:19:32 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:32:03 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

om...

>>>Uh oh. I can sense the attacks coming now!

>> I can ignore an attack or I can respond to it. Mostly I just ignore
>> it. I don't expect or demand that everyone agree with me. Especially
>> those who have their own point of view and are strongly attached to
>> it. Disagreeing with me is not necessarily an attack either. I try
>> not to see it as such.

>Disagreeing is a fine thing, people can argue the merits of both sides
>in an amiable way but sometimes when people disagree they insert
>insidious little digs amongst the amiable words which changes the tone
>and I tend to pick up on those not so subtle subtleties.

We all do that. It may help to consider that they are TRYING to
soften their terminology in order NOT to hurt you. Then you can meet
them half way by ignoring it! Subtle digs can be interpreted as an
attempt to differ without being overtly nasty. Just a little mental
trick!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05 Jan 2012 04:49:10 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Evelyn > wrote:
>> [ . . . . ]
>> Carbs, low carb, high carb, limited carb, these same issues come up
>> again and again on these groups. I listen to my dietician. She's a
>> professional, and I feel better and do well with her advice.

>I listen to my glucometer. I check its accuracy by comparing my reading
>with my doctors, every three months. That's when I get my A1c checked, too.

ABSOLUTELY!

I come to these groups for friendship and support, not medical advice,
and if I get some medical advice, I appreciate the effort, but follow
my doctor and dietician and use my meter.... foremost!

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:43:02 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/4/2012 7:55 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>> For your information, a rotisserie chicken is a FRESH chicken, cooked
>> in the store, THAT DAY as opposed to being cooked in my house.
>>
>> On the other hand, canned broth may have been made a year ago. We
>> have no way of knowing how old it is, not to mention the very fact of
>> it being canned isn't really good for you. Cans are lined with
>> plastic containing carcinogens.
>>
>> In spite of that, I occasionally will use canned broth when I am in a
>> hurry too. Fresh is always better than prepared foods. A FRESH
>> chicken (no matter where it is cooked) is not the same thing as
>> something in a can or a box meant to last for months on end.
>>
>> Evelyn

>grin, i do believe we have a conceptual problem here, most likely not
>fixable
>
>Evelyn, i use the broth in the 'boxes' for lack of better word, only
>because those contain less salt............ is there plastic to worry
>about there too? (i make most chicken broth, this is for those 'oops'
>situations)
>
>i think i'm going to have some highly process Hawkin's Cheesies right
>now, i have 15 min more that i'm allowed to eat
>
>or maybe ...........
>

>kate

The liners in boxes and in cans is turning out to be a bigger problem
than anyone is overtly admitting. EVERYTHING comes in plastic of
some kind these days.

Even bottled water....

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:43:02 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:
>
>>On 1/4/2012 7:55 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>>> For your information, a rotisserie chicken is a FRESH chicken, cooked
>>> in the store, THAT DAY as opposed to being cooked in my house.
>>>
>>> On the other hand, canned broth may have been made a year ago. We
>>> have no way of knowing how old it is, not to mention the very fact of
>>> it being canned isn't really good for you. Cans are lined with
>>> plastic containing carcinogens.
>>>
>>> In spite of that, I occasionally will use canned broth when I am in a
>>> hurry too. Fresh is always better than prepared foods. A FRESH
>>> chicken (no matter where it is cooked) is not the same thing as
>>> something in a can or a box meant to last for months on end.
>>>
>>> Evelyn

>>grin, i do believe we have a conceptual problem here, most likely not
>>fixable
>>
>>Evelyn, i use the broth in the 'boxes' for lack of better word, only
>>because those contain less salt............ is there plastic to worry
>>about there too? (i make most chicken broth, this is for those 'oops'
>>situations)
>>
>>i think i'm going to have some highly process Hawkin's Cheesies right
>>now, i have 15 min more that i'm allowed to eat
>>
>>or maybe ...........
>>

>>kate

> The liners in boxes and in cans is turning out to be a bigger problem
> than anyone is overtly admitting. EVERYTHING comes in plastic of
> some kind these days.
>
> Even bottled water....

But not all plastic is a problem.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 07:15:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>grin, i do believe we have a conceptual problem here, most likely not
>>>fixable
>>>
>>>Evelyn, i use the broth in the 'boxes' for lack of better word, only
>>>because those contain less salt............ is there plastic to worry
>>>about there too? (i make most chicken broth, this is for those 'oops'
>>>situations)
>>>
>>>i think i'm going to have some highly process Hawkin's Cheesies right
>>>now, i have 15 min more that i'm allowed to eat
>>>
>>>or maybe ...........
>>>

>>>kate

>> The liners in boxes and in cans is turning out to be a bigger problem
>> than anyone is overtly admitting. EVERYTHING comes in plastic of
>> some kind these days.
>>
>> Even bottled water....

>But not all plastic is a problem.

A LOT of it is. More, I would guess, than we realize.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message

> The only hope we have is his new obsession with cheddar cheese. May be
> able to stick a pill into a small cube. The vet has never seen a cat so
> hard to handle or exam.
>
> Susan

That works well with my small dog. I put in inside a small cube of cheese
and she swallows it right down.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message

> We'll be seeing her pretty regularly; the new boarder, Freddy, has extra
> toe claws that grow into his toe pads if not kept trimmed often... she's
> going to do it cheaply if I'm flexible and they're in the neighborhood...
> so she can set eyeballs on Jasper ever month or two on those visits, too.
>

> Susan

That sounds great Susan.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> It is quite scary. I have been noticing a lot of formerly canned
> foods are now available in glass jars in the supermarket. Also lots
> of glass storage containers, with just plastic lids. I guess the
> word is getting out!
>
> Evelyn

I wish they'd hurry up and have more tomatoes in jars. I use a lot of
diced or whole or crushed tomatoes in my cooking, and they're all in
cans! Sauces are in jars, but I like to make my own sauces. I saw a
list of seven foods the experts won't eat, and one of them was canned
tomatoes. I cannot afford to buy fresh tomatoes all year and use them
in cooking. *sigh*

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-o-archive: yes

On 1/5/2012 6:05 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:

> I wish they'd hurry up and have more tomatoes in jars. I use a lot of
> diced or whole or crushed tomatoes in my cooking, and they're all in
> cans! Sauces are in jars, but I like to make my own sauces. I saw a
> list of seven foods the experts won't eat, and one of them was canned
> tomatoes. I cannot afford to buy fresh tomatoes all year and use them
> in cooking. *sigh*

I know, right?

I just went looking and found some interesting stuff on the Eden Foods
web site: http://www.edenfoods.com/faqs/view.php?categories_id=6

"Why amber glass for food?
The driving force at Eden for amber glass tomatoes was the avoidance of
bisphenol-A (BPA) in high acid food cans, and failure of the can
manufacturers to make BPA free cans for tomatoes.

Light damages color and flavor by causing chemical change.
Photo-oxidation (light damage) is systemic in food stores where
fluorescent lighting in particular, reduces food quality. Amber glass is
difficult to get and more costly, but it best protects food. Eden offers
the only tomatoes in the U.S.A. packed in amber glass, protecting flavor
and nutrients from light damage; EDEN Organic Spaghetti Sauces, Pizza
Pasta Sauce, Crushed Tomatoes, Crushed Tomatoes with Sweet Basil, and
Crushed Tomatoes with Roasted Onion & Garlic."

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:05:51 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
>> It is quite scary. I have been noticing a lot of formerly canned
>> foods are now available in glass jars in the supermarket. Also lots
>> of glass storage containers, with just plastic lids. I guess the
>> word is getting out!
>>
>> Evelyn

>I wish they'd hurry up and have more tomatoes in jars. I use a lot of
>diced or whole or crushed tomatoes in my cooking, and they're all in
>cans! Sauces are in jars, but I like to make my own sauces. I saw a
>list of seven foods the experts won't eat, and one of them was canned
>tomatoes. I cannot afford to buy fresh tomatoes all year and use them
>in cooking. *sigh*
>
>PP

They actually started putting that plastic lining into tomato cans
first, because the acidity of the tomatoes would sometimes corrode the
can. You seldom see that anymore now that the plastic lining is
there. But I expect that jarred tomatoes will be along shortly......
or else they will find some other sort of liner that won't carry
carcinogens.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:32:13 -0500, Susan > wrote:

>x-o-archive: yes
>
>On 1/5/2012 6:05 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
>
>> I wish they'd hurry up and have more tomatoes in jars. I use a lot of
>> diced or whole or crushed tomatoes in my cooking, and they're all in
>> cans! Sauces are in jars, but I like to make my own sauces. I saw a
>> list of seven foods the experts won't eat, and one of them was canned
>> tomatoes. I cannot afford to buy fresh tomatoes all year and use them
>> in cooking. *sigh*

>I know, right?
>
>I just went looking and found some interesting stuff on the Eden Foods
>web site: http://www.edenfoods.com/faqs/view.php?categories_id=6
>
>"Why amber glass for food?
>The driving force at Eden for amber glass tomatoes was the avoidance of
>bisphenol-A (BPA) in high acid food cans, and failure of the can
>manufacturers to make BPA free cans for tomatoes.
>
>Light damages color and flavor by causing chemical change.
>Photo-oxidation (light damage) is systemic in food stores where
>fluorescent lighting in particular, reduces food quality. Amber glass is
>difficult to get and more costly, but it best protects food. Eden offers
>the only tomatoes in the U.S.A. packed in amber glass, protecting flavor
>and nutrients from light damage; EDEN Organic Spaghetti Sauces, Pizza
>Pasta Sauce, Crushed Tomatoes, Crushed Tomatoes with Sweet Basil, and
>Crushed Tomatoes with Roasted Onion & Garlic."
>

>Susan

Susan you are a gem, researching that. Thank you for finding it!

The BPA is also in certain water bottles. They pulled a lot of baby
bottles that had it in them.

Evelyn :-)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 9:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> On another note. My daughter's MIL that I spoke about has been told they
> will be taking about 1/3 of her bowel out for the cancer op on the 10th.

hope she has a complete and speedy recovery

(dang, ya, i'll get the colonscopy done, sigh)

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> >Evelyn > wrote:
> >> [ . . . . ]
> >> Carbs, low carb, high carb, limited carb, these same issues come up
> >> again and again on these groups. I listen to my dietician. She's a
> >> professional, and I feel better and do well with her advice.

> >I listen to my glucometer. I check its accuracy by comparing my reading
> >with my doctors, every three months. That's when I get my A1c checked,
> >too.

> ABSOLUTELY!
>
> I come to these groups for friendship and support, not medical advice,
> and if I get some medical advice, I appreciate the effort, but follow
> my doctor and dietician and use my meter.... foremost!

I've also learned a lot in these NGs, too. Like about Dr. Burzynski.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> >> The liners in boxes and in cans is turning out to be a bigger problem
> >> than anyone is overtly admitting. EVERYTHING comes in plastic of
> >> some kind these days.
> >>
> >> Even bottled water....

> >But not all plastic is a problem.

> A LOT of it is. More, I would guess, than we realize.

Franklin's lost expedition ate a lot of canned food. ;-(

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06 Jan 2012 07:21:43 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Evelyn > wrote:

>> >But not all plastic is a problem.

>> A LOT of it is. More, I would guess, than we realize.

>Franklin's lost expedition ate a lot of canned food. ;-(

They proved that most of them died of lead poisoning, since they used
to use lead to seal the sides of the can. Nowadays they seal the
inside with plastic and that is carcinogenic. The more you know the
more you realize that FRESH IS BEST!!!!!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 5:11 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> I just came from the vet. My gorgeous male German Shepherd, only 5
> yrs old, is nearly crippled due to bad hips and elbows. It was
> recommended that I go and see an animal orthopedic specialist an hour
> away from here.
>
> The dog is a wonderful pet, superb temperament, obedient, well
> behaved, trustworthy with people, cats and kids of all ages, not to
> mention that he is absolutely one of the most gorgeous black and red
> shepherds I have ever seen or lived with. He's truly magnificent.
>
> This promises to be a real problem.
>
> They sent us home with anti inflammatories and pain killers. Not a
> good scenario.......
>
> Evelyn

oh, Evelyn, this is a heart breaker

i do hope your GSD has quality of life and relief from pain

***hugs***
kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 12:19:30 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/5/2012 5:11 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>> I just came from the vet. My gorgeous male German Shepherd, only 5
>> yrs old, is nearly crippled due to bad hips and elbows. It was
>> recommended that I go and see an animal orthopedic specialist an hour
>> away from here.
>>
>> The dog is a wonderful pet, superb temperament, obedient, well
>> behaved, trustworthy with people, cats and kids of all ages, not to
>> mention that he is absolutely one of the most gorgeous black and red
>> shepherds I have ever seen or lived with. He's truly magnificent.
>>
>> This promises to be a real problem.
>>
>> They sent us home with anti inflammatories and pain killers. Not a
>> good scenario.......
>>
>> Evelyn

>oh, Evelyn, this is a heart breaker
>
>i do hope your GSD has quality of life and relief from pain
>
>***hugs***
>kate

Thanks so much. He's doing a lot better on the anti inflammatories
and pain pills, but I don't kid myself that this is any thing but a
respite. His hips are a mess. :-(

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/6/2012 12:54 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 12:19:30 -0700, Tiger > wrote:
>
>> On 1/5/2012 5:11 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>>> I just came from the vet. My gorgeous male German Shepherd, only 5
>>> yrs old, is nearly crippled due to bad hips and elbows. It was
>>> recommended that I go and see an animal orthopedic specialist an hour
>>> away from here.
>>>
>>> The dog is a wonderful pet, superb temperament, obedient, well
>>> behaved, trustworthy with people, cats and kids of all ages, not to
>>> mention that he is absolutely one of the most gorgeous black and red
>>> shepherds I have ever seen or lived with. He's truly magnificent.
>>>
>>> This promises to be a real problem.
>>>
>>> They sent us home with anti inflammatories and pain killers. Not a
>>> good scenario.......
>>>
>>> Evelyn

>> oh, Evelyn, this is a heart breaker
>>
>> i do hope your GSD has quality of life and relief from pain
>>
>> ***hugs***
>> kate

> Thanks so much. He's doing a lot better on the anti inflammatories
> and pain pills, but I don't kid myself that this is any thing but a
> respite. His hips are a mess. :-(
>
> Evelyn

Evelyn, i know folks who have paid $3K/hip to fix this for their dogs.
The dogs ended up on more pain killers and perhaps a couple of years
of..... living?
It's sad and it's hard to deal with. Dogs give us unconditional LOVE!

***hugs***
kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On 06 Jan 2012 07:21:43 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> wrote:
>
>>Evelyn > wrote:

>>> A LOT of it is. More, I would guess, than we realize.

>>Franklin's lost expedition ate a lot of canned food. ;-(

> They proved that most of them died of lead poisoning, since they used
> to use lead to seal the sides of the can. Nowadays they seal the
> inside with plastic and that is carcinogenic. The more you know the
> more you realize that FRESH IS BEST!!!!!

Can you provide proof of this? Because when I looked it up it says most
plastic is not!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> The BPA is also in certain water bottles. They pulled a lot of baby
> bottles that had it in them.

I got a stainless steel water bottle.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:29:39 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/6/2012 12:54 PM, Evelyn wrote:

>>> oh, Evelyn, this is a heart breaker
>>>
>>> i do hope your GSD has quality of life and relief from pain
>>>
>>> ***hugs***
>>> kate

>> Thanks so much. He's doing a lot better on the anti inflammatories
>> and pain pills, but I don't kid myself that this is any thing but a
>> respite. His hips are a mess. :-(
>>
>> Evelyn

>Evelyn, i know folks who have paid $3K/hip to fix this for their dogs.
>The dogs ended up on more pain killers and perhaps a couple of years
>of..... living?
>It's sad and it's hard to deal with. Dogs give us unconditional LOVE!
>
>***hugs***
>kate

We won't put him through medical hell, and we really can't afford to
on our side either. I had a dog with displaysia before and he lived
to be ten yrs old before he got bad enough to be put down. It broke
my heart and I still cry if I think of him. I don't want to think
about where this will go because it is too painful to contemplate. I
am going to take this one day at a time. For the moment, we are
seeing improvement. That is good.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 13:28:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On 06 Jan 2012 07:21:43 GMT, Nick Cramer >
>> wrote:

>>>Franklin's lost expedition ate a lot of canned food. ;-(

>> They proved that most of them died of lead poisoning, since they used
>> to use lead to seal the sides of the can. Nowadays they seal the
>> inside with plastic and that is carcinogenic. The more you know the
>> more you realize that FRESH IS BEST!!!!!

>Can you provide proof of this? Because when I looked it up it says most
>plastic is not!

Did you read the article Susan posted? Do some research. There are
plenty of articles out there on the subject.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/6/2012 5:39 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> am going to take this one day at a time. For the moment, we are
> seeing improvement. That is good.
>
> Evelyn

hope i didn't get heavy on you Evelyn

***hugs*** to you and your beautiful GSD

take heart at the improvement

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:06:43 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/6/2012 5:39 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>> am going to take this one day at a time. For the moment, we are
>> seeing improvement. That is good.
>>
>> Evelyn

>hope i didn't get heavy on you Evelyn
>
>***hugs*** to you and your beautiful GSD
>
>take heart at the improvement
>
>kate

Thanks. It is good to see him feeling better. He's been pretty
miserable, limping around while we waited for the appointment.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> Thanks. It is good to see him feeling better. He's been pretty
> miserable, limping around while we waited for the appointment.
>
> Evelyn

I remember Baron, and I hope you see more improvement soon.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> >Evelyn > wrote:
> >> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> >> [ . . . . ]
> >>
> >> A LOT of it is. More, I would guess, than we realize.

> >Franklin's lost expedition ate a lot of canned food. ;-(

> They proved that most of them died of lead poisoning, since they used
> to use lead to seal the sides of the can. Nowadays they seal the
> inside with plastic and that is carcinogenic. The more you know the
> more you realize that FRESH IS BEST!!!!!

A lot of foods aren't available fresh here in Kalifornia. I can't get fresh
lamb from NZ or Oz. I can't get fresh sadau from Thailand. I have to get
them frozen. @#$%^&*

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:46:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Thanks. It is good to see him feeling better. He's been pretty
>> miserable, limping around while we waited for the appointment.
>>
>> Evelyn

>I remember Baron, and I hope you see more improvement soon.
>
>Cheri

My first dog was named Baron and he had displasia also. He lived to
be almost ten, which is pretty good considering he had NO hip sockets.
According to experts I consulted back then, dogs with very bad
displasia often do better than those with slight displasia in the
actual process of living.

My second Baron died of bone cancer which occurred after he had a
tumor on his tail. He never showed any signs of hip issues.

This guy is named Max, and he is probably one of the most gorgeous
German Shepherds I have ever seen. A beautiful black and red, big
boned, huge head, and the sweetest temperament you can imagine. He is
well behaved, trained, and he likes dogs, cats, people, children,
babies..... I trust him around them all.

He is only about 6 yrs old, so I am hoping to be able to find a
combination of medicine and a gentle exercise regimen that will keep
him mobile for a little longer. If he was an older dog, I would not
be so inclined to put him through it, but I think he is worth it.

He's amazing as a pet and guard dog, not to mention how good he is
with the grandchildren and our cats.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Evelyn > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote:

>> >Franklin's lost expedition ate a lot of canned food. ;-(

>> They proved that most of them died of lead poisoning, since they used
>> to use lead to seal the sides of the can. Nowadays they seal the
>> inside with plastic and that is carcinogenic. The more you know the
>> more you realize that FRESH IS BEST!!!!!

> A lot of foods aren't available fresh here in Kalifornia. I can't get
> fresh
> lamb from NZ or Oz. I can't get fresh sadau from Thailand. I have to get
> them frozen. @#$%^&*
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
> http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Costco does a huge business in fresh Australian lamb, and Sams Club
likewise in NZ lamb ...

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:47:40 -0500, "pavane" >
wrote:

>"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> Evelyn > wrote:

>>> They proved that most of them died of lead poisoning, since they used
>>> to use lead to seal the sides of the can. Nowadays they seal the
>>> inside with plastic and that is carcinogenic. The more you know the
>>> more you realize that FRESH IS BEST!!!!!

>> A lot of foods aren't available fresh here in Kalifornia. I can't get
>> fresh
>> lamb from NZ or Oz. I can't get fresh sadau from Thailand. I have to get
>> them frozen. @#$%^&*
>>
>> --
>> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
>> families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
>> http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
>> http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

>Costco does a huge business in fresh Australian lamb, and Sams Club
>likewise in NZ lamb ...
>
>pavane

I can attest to the excellent quality of Sam's Club lamb!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:46:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Thanks. It is good to see him feeling better. He's been pretty
>>> miserable, limping around while we waited for the appointment.
>>>
>>> Evelyn

>>I remember Baron, and I hope you see more improvement soon.
>>
>>Cheri

> My first dog was named Baron and he had displasia also. He lived to
> be almost ten, which is pretty good considering he had NO hip sockets.
> According to experts I consulted back then, dogs with very bad
> displasia often do better than those with slight displasia in the
> actual process of living.
>
> My second Baron died of bone cancer which occurred after he had a
> tumor on his tail. He never showed any signs of hip issues.
>
> This guy is named Max, and he is probably one of the most gorgeous
> German Shepherds I have ever seen. A beautiful black and red, big
> boned, huge head, and the sweetest temperament you can imagine. He is
> well behaved, trained, and he likes dogs, cats, people, children,
> babies..... I trust him around them all.

I'm really sorry Evelyn. Dysplasia is fairly common in German Shepherds
isn't it? My in-laws had a beautiful German Shepherd named Sutter, he was a
wonderful dog and did manage to escape some of the common maladies of larger
dogs.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:21:48 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:46:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>I remember Baron, and I hope you see more improvement soon.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> My first dog was named Baron and he had displasia also. He lived to
>> be almost ten, which is pretty good considering he had NO hip sockets.
>> According to experts I consulted back then, dogs with very bad
>> displasia often do better than those with slight displasia in the
>> actual process of living.
>>
>> My second Baron died of bone cancer which occurred after he had a
>> tumor on his tail. He never showed any signs of hip issues.
>>
>> This guy is named Max, and he is probably one of the most gorgeous
>> German Shepherds I have ever seen. A beautiful black and red, big
>> boned, huge head, and the sweetest temperament you can imagine. He is
>> well behaved, trained, and he likes dogs, cats, people, children,
>> babies..... I trust him around them all.

>I'm really sorry Evelyn. Dysplasia is fairly common in German Shepherds
>isn't it? My in-laws had a beautiful German Shepherd named Sutter, he was a
>wonderful dog and did manage to escape some of the common maladies of larger
>dogs.
>
>Cheri

Even if the parents pass their OFA certification for good hips, the
pups can still have it. Sadly it is common in ALL breeds over 25
lbs.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/7/2012 11:20 AM, Evelyn wrote:
> Even if the parents pass their OFA certification for good hips, the
> pups can still have it. Sadly it is common in ALL breeds over 25
> lbs.
>
> Evelyn

well, and more that are 'small breeds'

and the small breeds have a "luxating patella" issue with their front
legs (i think it means their front legs spay outward, sorry, brain dead
today)

kate