Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"RodS" wrote in message

Would you consider 10 rounds with her and can I have the ticket and tv
franchise ? :-)

lol

Old 12-01-2012, 12:16 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/01/2012 9:36 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

"KROM" wrote in message
you know I luv ya but you can see its a slippery slope to go nuts
over "wah lah" and stand firm when we all say its meaningless here but
defend your put of of its misery when it means something bad here?

Krom I am not disputing that it means something different, I am saying
it has two meanings, both of which are in every dictionary online I have
looked at. Bottom line is, do you think I meant Susan should put Jasper
down, given the rest of the post was about treatment and followed a
number of posts dating back until at least August where I talked about
probiotics as a worthwhile thing to try for Jasper?

as Wendy said dont let your hatred of Susan take you off the rails..

Not off the rails but when someone announces to all and sundry that
"Ozgirl wants to kill my cat" you don't think that worthy of defending?
I provided reputable sources and posted my history of suggestions, none
of which were malevolent posts. I don't know many people who wouldn't
defend themselves in those circumstances.

I say we from now on state if something has a different meaning to
people and try to respect that.

One has to know that before they write something, quite impossible. More
mature like behaviour would have been to ask me if I really meant the
cat should be put down as the idiom had, in their experience just one
meaning. Even after I explained the two meanings most wanted to believe
I really wanted to kill Susan's cat. How am I supposed to know most here
only have experience with one meaning before I write? I find it hard to
imagine that even after explanation a lot wanted to totally disregard
any other explanation about the while thing other than what they
personally wanted to believe.

to me wah lah is perfectly fine but I would avoid saying it if it
offends you..simple as that

it is a fact that if you told a person her to put their injured animal
out of its misery you'd get a VERY negative reaction..or worse their
kid or loved one.

"Oh your grandmas sick?..put her out of her misery"...

that would be bad

It would be but I didn't say it in that context, I suggested ways of how
to put Jasper out of his misery and none of those reasons were death.

imagine if "bright faced" here was a compliment and a insult there and
people kept saying what a bright faced family you have

Not sure what bright faced means so I won't comment.

Thanks for the level headed response.

KROM

Problem is those that decided it was a great opportunity to attack Jan
on this occasion and others on other occasions just don't want the truth
to stand in the way of an argument regardless.

Try he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppK6sxz6epk

Go for the full half hour and get it out of your system.

:-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

yes I wasnt arguing about the argument..lol..I was simply stating the first
reaction pretty much 99 percent of all Americans would have to that
statement.
I was barely skimming the fight as that holds no interest for me..but saw
that statement and the back and forth on it.

Google by the way has regional filters.

its sort of crappy but true..in a southern state they may promote a result
different then a northern state...a rich area different then a poor.

So when I Google that statement I get zero results of it having a meaning
other then kill

you very well could have meant kill as a human last resort..again I wasnt
paying attention..

if she had said my cat so sick it is in constant pain and the vet said I
should put it to sleep but I dont want to and it is blind and unable to eat
and howling in pain constantly etc etc etc.

a reasonable person would say "for god sakes woman put the animal down/to
sleep because your being cruel to it keeping it suffering."

that would be perfectly reasonable..but even if that was the case the debate
was on the meaning to 99 percent of us here of that statement...not its
context

so to answer no I dont think your a cat serial killer..lol

KROM

Old 14-01-2012, 04:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:

On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I don't
like
something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to say
that I don't like something.

eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE

sorry, Julie, bit of a difference on what you think folks were frowning
upon and what you see/saw/think

Google "thorrablot" and read the food list. I dare you. Generic "you", that
is. Don't do it, Julie.
Old 14-01-2012, 05:28 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:

Now I ONLY own pets. I still insist on getting good dogs, but I buy
from a breeder who breeds only from German imported stock. His dogs
are all sold to the police and K-9 people, as well as the obedience
crowd. I would never own another dog bred for the show ring. They
don't care about the dogs mind, only conformation.

This was my own fault for not insisting on both parents being OFA and
having my dog X-rayed at 7 mos. to determine how his hips were. But
the reason for that, is that no way would I give him up at 7 mos. even
if he did have bad hips. I would already love the dog and would keep
him till the problem became evident. So I hoped for the best.

He is now 6 yrs old and he's been good till now.

The anti-inflammatories seem to be doing a very good job, but we are
keeping him from being over active. Moderate exercise only.

That's good to hear, Evelyn.
The problem with having dogs and/or cats is that we come to love them so
much.

I still miss Simba (he was a cream colored cat, hence the name) who just
disappeared, years ago. I have his litter brother, but he's quite different.
I would have shown Simba to the highest titles, he was that nice, and with a
temperament to match. I never showed cats that did not like the show halls.

Evelyn

Old 15-01-2012, 12:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 18:28:28 +0100, Bjrn Steensrud
wrote:

Evelyn wrote:

[...]

I have one cat that is the most amazing, loving, trusting, gentle cat
I have ever owned, and another who is a bit standoffish. She is
loving too, but nothing like the other one, who is unbelievable.
Everyone who comes over wants to steal her or clone her. :-) Animals
have very different personalities, even if you raise them the same
way.

Evelyn
Old 15-01-2012, 01:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Bjrn Steensrud" wrote in message
Tiger Lily wrote:

On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I don't
like
something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to say
that I don't like something.

eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE

sorry, Julie, bit of a difference on what you think folks were frowning
upon and what you see/saw/think

Google "thorrablot" and read the food list. I dare you. Generic "you",
that
is. Don't do it, Julie.

I actually did it! *snicker*

Old 15-01-2012, 01:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Evelyn wrote:

[...]

Ballerina and Jazzy are very different cats. The people at Paddywack (where
we got them) were astounded that Ballerina would sit in our laps. She does
to it rarely and even tolerates me picking her up for cuddles sometimes.
Mostly she just stiffens on me. She lets Angela pick her up all the time.
*sniff* She was about 7 months when we got her. Not sure when she was
taken in by Purrfect Pals but they were the first humans she ever
encountered. So basically feral but... Her mom had been raised by humans.
Sadly she was abandoned.

Jazzy sits in Angela's lap all the time but wouldn't sit in mine unless I
sat on the couch. Until yesterday. Both then and today she climbed in my
lap in the computer chair and purred loudly.

Both of them take turns sleeping with us. Jazzy likes to sit on some
storage boxes that are next to Angela's bed. She can see out the door from
there and I think she is keeping watch.

Jazzy usually sleeps on the pillow next to mine where Maui used to sleep.
But she also likes to climb on top of me and dig her paws into the blanket
if I put a really soft one on top of me. But recently she has developed an
annoying habit. She did it to Angela first. She bit her on the elbow then
the shoulder then her hair. Angela became hysterical because she didn't
know what to do. Then she determined that Jazzy just wanted to be petted.
She wasn't biting hard.

She did it to me the other day. The problem? I was on my side and she was
on top of my arm which was under the blanket. I couldn't move my arm to
reach her and the other arm was such that I couldn't fully pet her. Could
only reach a little bit. The biting is sort of like...with her top teeth,
the big two only. It did hurt!

Ballerina usually snuggles up very close at my knees or around my tummy. I
think she likes to be warm. But if she wants petted, she will start to
wiggle and squirm all over me. She likes to be petted all over with two
hands at once.

Jazzy will come to bed with me if I tell her to. But Ballerina generally
won't. She seems much more independent. She is the first one to come if
she thinks there will be food though. And she eats more than her mom does
even though she still appears to be a bit on the thin side.

Old 15-01-2012, 06:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 15/01/2012 2:58 AM, Bjrn Steensrud wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:

On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I don't
like
something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to say
that I don't like something.

eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE

sorry, Julie, bit of a difference on what you think folks were frowning
upon and what you see/saw/think

Google "thorrablot" and read the food list. I dare you. Generic "you", that
is. Don't do it, Julie.

I don't think I'm gunner add eating that to my bucket list, not that
adventurous :-)

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
Old 15-01-2012, 07:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/14/2012 9:58 AM, Bjrn Steensrud wrote:
Google "thorrablot" and read the food list. I dare you. Generic "you", that
is.

Hkarl (putrefied shark)
Blmr (filled sausage/black pudding)
Hrtspungur (ram's scrotum with testicles)
Lundabaggi (sheep's fat)
Svinasulta (jellied ham)
Svi (jellied sheep's head)
Harfiskur (bread spread made of fish)
Hangikjot (smoked lamb)

oh yes, rotting meat, just what i want

TG i live today! i would never have got to grade school age LOL

katee

Old 15-01-2012, 09:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:44:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Evelyn wrote:

[...]

My black kitty will do that too! She will gently bite you if you stop
petting her. Not enough to really hurt you, but enough to get your
attention!

Evelyn
Old 15-01-2012, 07:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:

On 1/14/2012 9:58 AM, Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
Google "thorrablot" and read the food list. I dare you. Generic "you",
that is.

Blóðmör (filled sausage/black pudding)

Svinasulta (jellied ham)
Svið (jellied sheep's head)

oh yes, rotting meat, just what i want

It's only the shark that's - well, suspect. The ones I have left in are
known here in Norway as well: Svinasulta must be Sylte, made from slices of
pork (and veal), in pork stock, wrapped in cheesecloth and pressed for a
couple of days. I forget the spices, but slices of the product taken with
mustard - delicious. Most people know black pudding, can also be made in
sausage form. Dw loves it, I hate it!

Svið - Smalahove - I've never had it. Smoked sheep's head, the wool is
burned off. Smalahove is a western dialect word meaning - sheep's head :-)

TG i live today! i would never have got to grade school age LOL

katee

Have you ever had Rocky Mountain Oysters? G
Old 15-01-2012, 09:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:
: Tiger Lily wrote:

: On 1/14/2012 9:58 AM, Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:
: Google "thorrablot" and read the food list. I dare you. Generic "you",
: that is.
:

: Bl??m?r (filled sausage/black pudding)

: Svinasulta (jellied ham)
: Svi? (jellied sheep's head)
:
: oh yes, rotting meat, just what i want

: It's only the shark that's - well, suspect. The ones I have left in are
: known here in Norway as well: Svinasulta must be Sylte, made from slices of
: pork (and veal), in pork stock, wrapped in cheesecloth and pressed for a
: couple of days. I forget the spices, but slices of the product taken with
: mustard - delicious. Most people know black pudding, can also be made in
: sausage form. Dw loves it, I hate it!

: Svi? - Smalahove - I've never had it. Smoked sheep's head, the wool is
: burned off. Smalahove is a western dialect word meaning - sheep's head :-)

: TG i live today! i would never have got to grade school age LOL
:
: katee

: Have you ever had Rocky Mountain Oysters? G

Usually called Prarie oysters in my experience, and for me the answer is
no, but I have had ptcha(hate it) which are jellied calves feet.

The Scots have haggis, sheep's stomach packed with oatmeal and other stuff

Then there is head cheese,

Pork jowls, pickled pigs' feet,

Calves brains, cows stomach(tripe), sausage casings( intestine)

The list goes on. In many societies it was necessary to use every bit of
the amnimal as they needed all the food they cul dscrape together.

Ofen what we look at as yech was once considered a delicacy. We still
carryon about fish roe(eggs taken form inside the fish) How about steak
and kidney pie? If you have ever handled kidneys you know they can have a
familiar smell we generally don't associate with food:-)

Spleen, heart, lungs(often now forbidden as germ carrierTB, I believe).
chicken gizzards, etc. The list goes on.

Every culture has such foods so don't pick, particularly on Norway:-)

Wendy
Old 15-01-2012, 11:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:30:34 +0100, Bjrn Steensrud
wrote:

Tiger Lily wrote:

[...]

Sylte, is also known by that name in Estonian, but the Germans call it
"head cheese". All it is, is bits of meat cooked down to a rich
jellied stock, then chilled, sliced, and served with mustard. Yes,
it is delicious. All that collagen is probably good for you!

Evelyn
Old 15-01-2012, 11:43 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:56:34 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
wrote:

Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:
: Tiger Lily wrote:

[...]

When my mother would cook a turkey, she would leave the gizzard in the
pan as it roasted. We'd fight over that delicious bit. It is a
muscle after all, with a bit of a gamey taste. Chicken gizzards are
good too.

Evelyn