Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:39:02 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article >, "Julie Bove" >
>wrote:
>
>> > Julie dear, I can see that. I hope that you find the courage and the
>> > nerve to experiment more and to expand your palate. If you view it
>> > as a challenge and an adventure, it will be fun. I doubt you will
>> > take my advice, but I hope you do. You are a good person and you
>> > have not had a good experience in learning to cook or to eat. I hope
>> > you continue to try new things!

>> I don't *want* to expand my palate! So quit telling me what to
>> DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

>Oh Evelyn, did you expect anything else than this?

No I did not. I know how Julie is and have had my moments with her
in the past. This is a FOOD group. And her continual expressions
of disgust do tend to rankle at times. But I feel more sorry for her
than angry.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:00:16 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/3/2012 7:21 PM, Susan wrote:
>> Not for nothing, and I'm not a moderator or a nanny, but this has always
>> been the nice group free of this kind of stuff.
>>
>> Let's talk STOUP and STEWP whaddya say?
>>
>> Susan

>done, that was my last comment, i did killfile her completely
>
>her forgetfullness and accusations finally got to me
>
>i have a new sig file in her honor, end of Julie ism's

I just take a break from the group when she gets on my nerves. She is
more to be pitied than anything else......

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:01:29 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/3/2012 6:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> and yes, you have posted about your 'bean diet' meals as a diabetic, when

>> Diet For A Small Planet is*very* outdated information. Beans do not have
>> to be combined with other foods. And I never once posted about a bean mean
>> and then was confused about it. Come. Really! I see why you are dropping
>> it because you can't defend your lie!
>>

>filter enabled, Julie is GONE

Good for you! (And indirectly for the rest of us too).

We usually don't argue a lot on this group, but it does occasionally
happen. People are people, and some will tend to rankle!

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:34:16 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article >, "Julie Bove" >
>wrote:

>> > That's right Julie, never question anything or research it for yourself,
>> > instead just tell people who do take the time to try to be informed...how
>> > EASY it is for them.

>> What in the hell is your problem lately? All you can do is attack and
>> attack! I am an atheist. That in and of itself should tell you that I
>> question pretty much everything! And of course I do research for myself.
>> So why are you telling me I should tell a dietician something just because
>> someone tells me to?

>why would an atheist question anything, especially what you eat?

Atheists question everything,.... and it is a good way to approach the
world considering how many lies are told in the name of religion,
politics, and everything else. Keeping an open mind while at the
same time questioning everything others take for granted, is a good
way to be.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04 Jan 2012 08:23:13 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" > wrote:

>> > What in the hell is your problem lately? All you can do is attack and
>> > attack! I am an atheist. That in and of itself should tell you that I
>> > question pretty much everything! And of course I do research for
>> > myself. So why are you telling me I should tell a dietician something
>> > just because someone tells me to?

>> why would an atheist question anything, especially what you eat?

>Why would an atheist question anything? Good question, Mal.
>
>Before I renounced Catholicism and the concept of a "God," I studied a
>great deal. Not only Origin of Species, the history of the Primates,
>comparative odontology, comparative embryology, etc, but also St. Thomas
>Acquinas' "Apologetica" and the Torah.
>
>Before pursuing the teaching of the Buddha, I studied the teachings of many
>oriental philosophers, such as Confucius, Mencius and (to quote Rick Perry)
>the other one. Much effort went into determining, "What was the basic
>message of the Buddha?" The most popular school seems to be the Mahayana
>(Greater Vessel) "we're all gonna die! Save everyone!!" Different in Korea,
>China and Japan, where it gave rise to Zen. The other school, the Theravada
>(Teaching of the Elders) struck me as being overlaid with less local
>primitivisms.
>
>The fundamental teaching of the Buddha can be summarized in three atheistic
>concepts:
>
>1. Life is replete with unsatisfactoriness.
>
>2. Everything is subject to change.
>
>3. The above two are universal in their application.
>
>How simple is that?
>
>The soapbox is empty.

WONDERFUL!

Evelyn
(another buddhist... for over 30 years)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 01:08:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

>>> Sadly they did: "It apparently relies on nachos, rice and a lot of
>>> packaged convenience
>>> foods. Susan"

>> I thought the 'it' referred to the diet, not to Julie.

>I don't think so.

Of course you don't. You are angry and your feelings are hurt, so you
take upon yourself, any meaning that ratchets up the anger level. For
what it is worth, I thought "it" referred to your diet as well, not
yourself.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:26:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 1/3/2012 2:46 PM, Susan wrote:
>>> Actually, I say to reduce carbs and test the results to see which foods
>>> and meals cause spikes.
>>>
>>> Everyone has a different definition of low carb and everyone has their
>>> own personal bg targets in mind, too.
>>>
>>> Susan

>> ty
>>
>> see also Julie doesn't feel 100 grams of carb/day is low carb
>>
>> ????
>>
>> but Julie won't define low carb HER WAY

>I sure will! I would say 60 g or less.

That would be about 4 nacho chips, wouldn't it?

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

>>> Diet For A Small Planet is*very* outdated information. Beans do not
>>> have
>>> to be combined with other foods. And I never once posted about a bean
>>> mean
>>> and then was confused about it. Come. Really! I see why you are
>>> dropping
>>> it because you can't defend your lie!
>>>

>>filter enabled, Julie is GONE

> Good for you! (And indirectly for the rest of us too).
>
> We usually don't argue a lot on this group, but it does occasionally
> happen. People are people, and some will tend to rankle!
>
> Evelyn

Everyone has a "I can't take one more comment without responding" point.
Thankfully, they don't last too long in this group. I'm done now. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 1/3/2012 8:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
: >
: >

: the shops that sell the smokers also carry the wood chips, so she would
: have an idea of where/whom to go ask

: my favs are
: hickory
: apple
: oak scotch (and such) barrels being recycled from the wine factories
: and more
: grin
: kate

: --
: Never argue with IDIOTS, they only drag you down to their level and beat
: you up with experience. Dedicated to JB 1/2/12.

What! You don't use alder wood for your salmon:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:32:37 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>I find it really odd (well perhaps not so odd) that some people would take
>>exception to the "it" when it was obvious what you meant, but even if it
>>wasn't obvious that you meant it that way, I guess the liberal use of FOAD
>>is exempt from a "horrible thing to say to someone?" Shaking my head at
>>that
>>one.
>>
>>Cheri

> I don't find any of this "odd" at all. Robert walked right into the
> same mine field everyone else has at one point or another, and the
> response was as expected. And the responses to the responses were as
> expected. :-) There's really nothing new here -- except maybe the
> huge jump to make an insult out of that silly "it" thing. This kind
> of dust-up happens once a year or so.
>
> The only thing I found surprising was the statement that no one knows
> Julie -- taken slightly out of context here because, of course, no one
> can really "know" anyone -- but I was under the impression that
> several people in this group had met her? Maybe it was Alan during
> his travels?

I don't remember anyone actually meeting her in person, though Alan did
meet Loretta in NY and several others in various places. That's not to say
they haven't, I just don't remember anyone saying so. Happy New Year BB.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> That's what I thought was meant! Glad to know I was right.
>
> I agree with you about her self-admitted wretchedness. Most of it
> seems to be self created and self imposed, so may she wallow in it as
> long as it fills some need in her, and may she find a way out of it
> someday soon.
>
> Evelyn

sadly we know that she won't change, that she will get worse and she will seek
other venues to seek the masochism she desires. what concerns me the most is she
is raising yet another entitled teenager that will turn into a younger more
virulent version of her
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lets not forget that the so called promoters of "low carb" always mean low
spikes

this group is often about finding ways to eat the foods we love but not
raising our BG

this usually means swapping out simple carbs for fiber and protein.

lets take nuts...they are usually about even in protein as they are carbs
but with healthy fat.

so when people advocate swapping nut crust in a pie for flour thats not
advocating low carb thats advocating a potential way to eat healthier and
still enjoy your food.

this group is about the love of foods and solutions to problems

if you dont have anything to add to that or hate food why come here?..its
silly

people can do whatever they wish of course I just personally find my time
more valuable then to post in a group I only wish to "vent" in and never
contribute solutions which is the idea behind the group is.

I also dont waste my time reading those grumpy guss's personally and its a
refreshing way to read the group..lol

KROM

"Tiger Lily" wrote
the high/low carb 'wars' are a pet peeve of mine...... when you ask
'exactly how many carbs do you eat' we find some of the higher carb
advocates eat 'low carb' and some of the low carb advocates eat more
carbs than the 'eat more carb' contingency does

i wish folks would STATE how many carb grams works for THEM and for
which meals of the day......... then, there is the issue of an 18 yr old
type 1 male who is an athlete and their carb consuption as compared to a
post-menopausal women with thyroid issues and other health 'benefits'
and how many carbs she can eat

look folks, WE DON'T NEED THE SAME AMOUNT OF FOOD! we are all different

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri > wrote:
: "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
: ...
: > On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:32:37 -0800, "Cheri" >
: > wrote:
: >
: >>I find it really odd (well perhaps not so odd) that some people would take
: >>exception to the "it" when it was obvious what you meant, but even if it
: >>wasn't obvious that you meant it that way, I guess the liberal use of FOAD
: >>is exempt from a "horrible thing to say to someone?" Shaking my head at
: >>that
: >>one.
: >>
: >>Cheri
: >
[...]

Syd and I had a lovely lnch with him in NYC. Delightful person in person.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

well from Christmas my eggnog was perfect!

but recently I have some letdowns.

I used to use these packaged meatballs when I was to lazy to make from
scratch and they were crazy cheap on sale..never had a issue with them

as it seems with all new foods they are made great for a while then the
company gets greedy and remakes the recipe with garbage once they think your
hooked.

I've observed this many times.

for example as a kid those crackers with veggies bits in them came out and
they had real bits of red pepper etc dehydrated mixed in they were
delicious!

buy a box a few months later and the dehydrated veggie were replace with
food coloring dots on the outside of the cracker...lol

everyone who loved those crackers was furious!

yet enough idiots kept buying them as you can get them to this day..I've
seen them at partied etc and still look terrible.

anyhoo the meatballs tasted very un-meaty and sure enough huge spike!

label claims its the same 2 carb per 6 meatball serving but they are full
of it..they even smell terrible now.

sad..

had a few products like that lately..things like my fave beef jerky suddenly
containing HFCS for no reason!

sigh

KROM

"Susan" wrote
Anybody cooked anything great that we should all hear about and try?

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:32:37 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>I find it really odd (well perhaps not so odd) that some people would take
>>exception to the "it" when it was obvious what you meant, but even if it
>>wasn't obvious that you meant it that way, I guess the liberal use of FOAD
>>is exempt from a "horrible thing to say to someone?" Shaking my head at
>>that
>>one.
>>
>>Cheri

> I don't find any of this "odd" at all. Robert walked right into the
> same mine field everyone else has at one point or another, and the
> response was as expected. And the responses to the responses were as
> expected. :-) There's really nothing new here -- except maybe the
> huge jump to make an insult out of that silly "it" thing. This kind
> of dust-up happens once a year or so.
>
> The only thing I found surprising was the statement that no one knows
> Julie -- taken slightly out of context here because, of course, no one
> can really "know" anyone -- but I was under the impression that
> several people in this group had met her? Maybe it was Alan during
> his travels?

I have met no one from this group. I was going to meet Loretta when I live
in NY and that never happened.

As to Robert, I *still* don't know what it was that he thought was of
interest to me. I asked several times and instead of anyone pointing out
what exactly it was I was supposed to have seen, I was just attacked again
and again. And of course Robert remained silent. But as Robert always
does, he will come back weeks or months from now and reply and then stir
things up again.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 1:48 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > wrote:
>> [ . . . . ]
>> I am enormously OCD [ . . . ]

> At the risk of sounding like what I am: What means OCD?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

typically, repeated patterns that the person MUST do or life cannot move on

a friend of mine has an OCD son, who HAS to wash his hands endlessly

to the point where his hands would bleed from the scrubbing & washing

he's doing much better now, with medication, and isn't sure why he ever
did that

if he goes off meds, he starts again

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 3:08 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 1/3/2012 11:13 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>> Can't duplicate the smell. So can't trick her. She has to agree with the
>>> change and has on odd occasions

>> ok, how about a shopping trip for NEW towels and buy 2 of each (or 3)
>> and get her approval on colour, texture, etc???

> I recently bought a pack of 12 in 3 colours. She uses red ones BTW. I
> figured that I could rotate the 4 red ones. She accepted the first one
> because, I have to admit, I lost the plot one day when she was really
> badly behaved and cut up her old one in front of her. I felt really bad
> for losing it and doing something so pathetic. She accepted the first
> but hasn't touched the rest since, even though I slipped a new one into
> her room on day 2. All her senses seem heightened and I am positive its
> the smell she is looking for in her tea towel.

well dang, there goes that idea

hmmm........ i'm thinking of my cat nip trick with the cat

does she have a perfume scent she likes? something that you can use to
make the towels fit her senses?

and i'm shocked! *grin* you are human?! don't beat yourself up Jan,
sometimes it takes a measure like that to 'really get their attention'

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 3:16 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

>>> Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

>> Thanks, Julie. I'll have to Google that. <scratching head>

> I clean up imaginary crumbs on the kitchen bench, I realign photos etc
> hanging on walls, even in other people's houses! I count things like
> holes in ceiling panels or in net curtaining. I keep my paperwork in
> neat piles, all aligned with each other, I even straighten pamphlets and
> business cards etc at shop/medical counters!
>
> And that's just the tip of the iceberg
>
> Have you ever seen a tv show called Monk?

I'm laughing so hard right now. I cannot tell you how HARD it is for me
to NOT go straighten pictures in other people's homes. Sometimes, when
it just gets to be too much, I will say, "oh, i think this just got
knocked a touch, can you tell me if it's straighter now?"

it's my 'screen' that is used when i'm not going to manage it anymore LOL

i don't count the holes in the ceiling tiles, just the # of tiles

and i count my steps when i'm going from point a to point b....... i
think the counting is a boredom thing....... if i remember to bring a
book with me, i don't need to count
lol

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 4:06 AM, Evelyn wrote:
>> Oh Evelyn, did you expect anything else than this?

> No I did not. I know how Julie is and have had my moments with her
> in the past. This is a FOOD group. And her continual expressions
> of disgust do tend to rankle at times. But I feel more sorry for her
> than angry.
>
> Evelyn

it's so very SAD isn't it?

:/

oh well, next!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

>> but Julie won't define low carb HER WAY

my request was for a definition of Low Carb

Susan's response is above.
It is gramatically correct as well, no comment about 'she who shall not
be named' was made.

and i'll stop..... i just don't want to see Susan maligned for
responding to my frustration

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 9:15 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> : On 1/3/2012 8:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> :>
> :>
>
> : the shops that sell the smokers also carry the wood chips, so she would
> : have an idea of where/whom to go ask
>
> : my favs are
> : hickory
> : apple
> : oak scotch (and such) barrels being recycled from the wine factories
> : and more
> : grin
> : kate
>

> : --
> : Never argue with IDIOTS, they only drag you down to their level and beat
> : you up with experience. Dedicated to JB 1/2/12.
>
> What! You don't use alder wood for your salmon:-)
>
> Wendy

ohhhhhhhh

now i'm going to have to check out the Bass Pro Shop and see if they
have alder

i use the cedar plank for salmon

and dad used hickory

grin

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:01:29 -0700, Tiger Lily >
>> wrote:

>>>filter enabled, Julie is GONE

>> Good for you! (And indirectly for the rest of us too).
>>
>> We usually don't argue a lot on this group, but it does occasionally
>> happen. People are people, and some will tend to rankle!
>>
>> Evelyn

> Everyone has a "I can't take one more comment without responding"
> point. Thankfully, they don't last too long in this group. I'm done
> now. :-)
>
> Cheri

I could understand that point of view Cheri if the comments were
directed at say, yourself. But they aren't, so how can they be a
snapping point for you? If that's what you feel, think of you as being
Julie. At what point over the years would you (as Julie) have snapped?
Or would you have sat there and taken every criticism about yourself?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 4:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> How hard is it for those who want to bitch about her or tear her whole
> life to shreds to actually, gasp! ignore her? If one needs to keep
> baiting and hounding then perhaps one should learn how to STFU.

working on it, won't reply to 'her' until i forget i do NOT want to try
to help her EVER again

so, News.Individual.Net has a hiccup right now and i just got every post
from the end of Dec to date again

i know i was going to look into something (wood for smoking?) for you,
could you shoot me an e-mail cause my memory is a blank (dang it!)

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

> > Thanks, Julie. I'll have to Google that. <scratching head>

> I clean up imaginary crumbs on the kitchen bench, I realign photos etc
> hanging on walls, even in other people's houses! I count things like
> holes in ceiling panels or in net curtaining. I keep my paperwork in
> neat piles, all aligned with each other, I even straighten pamphlets and
> business cards etc at shop/medical counters!
>
> And that's just the tip of the iceberg
>
> Have you ever seen a tv show called Monk?

Yes. I preferred Fawty Tower.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:32:37 -0800, "Cheri" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I find it really odd (well perhaps not so odd) that some people would take
> >>exception to the "it" when it was obvious what you meant, but even if it
> >>wasn't obvious that you meant it that way, I guess the liberal use of FOAD
> >>is exempt from a "horrible thing to say to someone?" Shaking my head at
> >>that
> >>one.
> >>
> >>Cheri

> > I don't find any of this "odd" at all. Robert walked right into the
> > same mine field everyone else has at one point or another, and the
> > response was as expected. And the responses to the responses were as
> > expected. :-) There's really nothing new here -- except maybe the
> > huge jump to make an insult out of that silly "it" thing. This kind
> > of dust-up happens once a year or so.
> >
> > The only thing I found surprising was the statement that no one knows
> > Julie -- taken slightly out of context here because, of course, no one
> > can really "know" anyone -- but I was under the impression that
> > several people in this group had met her? Maybe it was Alan during
> > his travels?

> I don't remember anyone actually meeting her in person, though Alan did
> meet Loretta in NY and several others in various places. That's not to say
> they haven't, I just don't remember anyone saying so. Happy New Year BB.

True. I spent a lovely afternoon with Alan, his wife, Jenny the Bean,
and someone else whose name I forget (not from ASD) on one of his trips.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Tiger Lily > wrote:
> : On 1/3/2012 8:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> : the shops that sell the smokers also carry the wood chips, so she would
> : have an idea of where/whom to go ask
>
> : my favs are
> : hickory
> : apple
> : oak scotch (and such) barrels being recycled from the wine factories
> : and more
> : grin

> What! You don't use alder wood for your salmon:-)

Can they get alder in Oz? Does smoking it on a piece of birch count?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/4/2012 3:08 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> ok, how about a shopping trip for NEW towels and buy 2 of each (or
>>> 3)
>>> and get her approval on colour, texture, etc???

>> I recently bought a pack of 12 in 3 colours. She uses red ones BTW. I
>> figured that I could rotate the 4 red ones. She accepted the first
>> one
>> because, I have to admit, I lost the plot one day when she was really
>> badly behaved and cut up her old one in front of her. I felt really
>> bad
>> for losing it and doing something so pathetic. She accepted the first
>> but hasn't touched the rest since, even though I slipped a new one
>> into
>> her room on day 2. All her senses seem heightened and I am positive
>> its
>> the smell she is looking for in her tea towel.

> well dang, there goes that idea
>
> hmmm........ i'm thinking of my cat nip trick with the cat
>
> does she have a perfume scent she likes? something that you can use
> to make the towels fit her senses?

She doesn't differentiate between what we think of as good or bad.
Aversion to certain smells is often a learned thing as in we learn it by
other people's reactions when we are very young. Like the adult who
screws up their face when they change our poopy nappy or throw up. She
isn't bothered by any bad smells at all, even prawn shells rotting in a
garbage somewhere, lol. Jasmine's tea towels, despite washing, have a
peculiar odour, not bad but not like the rest of the tea towels. Her
odours seems to be comforting to her as does the items strewn on the
floor (most of which she never touches or plays with I might add), her
tv, dvd and fan in a certain spot. She rarely lets me add new things to
the room and gets attached to certain pieces of her bedding. Her pillow
slips have to be a shade of pink, no other colour, her comforter she
prefers is her winter weight one, she won't leave the windows open and
has the light on all day. She turns it off at night but not until she is
ready.

> and i'm shocked! *grin* you are human?! don't beat yourself up Jan,
> sometimes it takes a measure like that to 'really get their attention'

Well, I don't think I will do it again, the distress was too bad, it
really got to me. Removing her overhead light bulb is less stressful and
relatively effective.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/4/2012 3:16 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> Thanks, Julie. I'll have to Google that. <scratching head>

>> I clean up imaginary crumbs on the kitchen bench, I realign photos
>> etc
>> hanging on walls, even in other people's houses! I count things like
>> holes in ceiling panels or in net curtaining. I keep my paperwork in
>> neat piles, all aligned with each other, I even straighten pamphlets
>> and
>> business cards etc at shop/medical counters!
>>
>> And that's just the tip of the iceberg
>>
>> Have you ever seen a tv show called Monk?

> I'm laughing so hard right now. I cannot tell you how HARD it is for
> me to NOT go straighten pictures in other people's homes. Sometimes,
> when it just gets to be too much, I will say, "oh, i think this just
> got knocked a touch, can you tell me if it's straighter now?"

I cut straight to the chase and just straighten them

> it's my 'screen' that is used when i'm not going to manage it anymore
> LOL
>
> i don't count the holes in the ceiling tiles, just the # of tiles

I only count when I am in a waiting room usually. Its not a compulsion,
it just relieves boredom.

> and i count my steps when i'm going from point a to point b....... i
> think the counting is a boredom thing....... if i remember to bring a
> book with me, i don't need to count
> lol

I used to count steps when I was a little kid, haven't done that for a
very long time.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/4/2012 4:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> How hard is it for those who want to bitch about her or tear her
>> whole
>> life to shreds to actually, gasp! ignore her? If one needs to keep
>> baiting and hounding then perhaps one should learn how to STFU.

> working on it, won't reply to 'her' until i forget i do NOT want to
> try to help her EVER again
>
> so, News.Individual.Net has a hiccup right now and i just got every
> post from the end of Dec to date again
>
> i know i was going to look into something (wood for smoking?) for you,
> could you shoot me an e-mail cause my memory is a blank (dang it!)

And I have spoken to my daughter twice since this topic came up and
forgot to ask about the wood both times Understandable though as the
first call was her trying to track down her brothers for birthday wishes
and the second because her car was broken down and she needed advice
about Road Service.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 5:13 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Why on earth people don't killfile Julie (or stop responding to her
> through other people if already killfiled) I don't know. I suspect many
> get a big kick out of the baiting and bullying,

killfile done! let the silence being

i never intended to bully Julie, but if she's going to dump a load of BS
on me, i'm not going to stand by and 'just take it' either

99% of my interaction with her over the past decade has been in the
interest of SUPPORT, but Julie has made it very clear she only wants to vent

whatever

Blue, ty for everything you do for the group, it's much appreciated.

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "W. Baker" > wrote:
>> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>> : On 1/3/2012 8:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>> : the shops that sell the smokers also carry the wood chips, so she
>> would
>> : have an idea of where/whom to go ask
>>
>> : my favs are
>> : hickory
>> : apple
>> : oak scotch (and such) barrels being recycled from the wine
>> factories
>> : and more
>> : grin

>> What! You don't use alder wood for your salmon:-)

> Can they get alder in Oz? Does smoking it on a piece of birch count?

Here is some clue to what might be available here.
http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/view...hp?f=19&t=2200

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:57:36 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
>> That's what I thought was meant! Glad to know I was right.
>>
>> I agree with you about her self-admitted wretchedness. Most of it
>> seems to be self created and self imposed, so may she wallow in it as
>> long as it fills some need in her, and may she find a way out of it
>> someday soon.
>>
>> Evelyn

>sadly we know that she won't change, that she will get worse and she will seek
>other venues to seek the masochism she desires. what concerns me the most is she
>is raising yet another entitled teenager that will turn into a younger more
>virulent version of her

We all do it, and it was done to us. Hopefully with each generation
we lose a little of the neurotic stuff we were raised with. I know
it worked that way in my family. I am amazed at how incredibly sane
my kids are! I never realized I did that good a job!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> Even when one is the recipient of yet another dogpile? Making a thread for
> "Julie" isn't dogpile bait? Or more specifically trolling. Everyone knows
> Julie's problems, reactions after years of receiving unsolicited help but
> yet everyone continues to troll and bait? What does that say

Including you Jan. You don't seem to mind jumping in when the dogpile is on
Susan though, and I've seen plenty of those.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

> 99% of my interaction with her over the past decade has been in the
> interest of SUPPORT, but Julie has made it very clear she only wants
> to vent

There lies the clue "she only wants to vent".

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message

> Yeah, I know the disgust issue. I just don't think it serves anyone
> well to go on ad nauseum in a predicable cycle about a particular
> person. Just kill file the person and cut bait. Life's too short for
> it.

If that is you train of thought then why do you keep making remarks ad
nauseum about people you have killfiled or filtered? You have commented
reams of stuff about Julie and myself in this thread.

>> I appreciate both of you for your own unique ways and I appreciate
>> the
>> many excellent low carb recipes you have shared, not to mention the
>> excellent research you have done on so many medical issues. I know
>> that if I have a question, you are the first one to offer good
>> advice,
>> good recipes, and in a kind manner. My cats are doing better on the
>> food you suggested, and I appreciate the tip!

> Please, don't lump my contributions online with Julie's. That's
> offensive.

Yet you lump yourself into conversations by responding to people you
have killfiled.

>> Julie is invariably polite and will always thank people who offer her
>> an idea she thinks she can use.

> Bullshit. You haven't been around much. She gave up any pretense at
> civility some time ago, and has just been a whining or malevalent and
> attack dog presence, a full time fault finder and name caller for a
> long time. Polite my ass. Years ago, maybe, when she was just
> annoying.

Why do you choose to show the worst of yourself in this group (the one
where you don't like to see ASD type "shit") and not ASD? Is this a case
of picking your battles and in front of whom?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
: ...
: > On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:32:37 -0800, "Cheri" >
: > wrote:
: >
[...]

I would think that Robert thought one of 2 things. Either that you would
be interested in something to do with gastroparesis or that jan's post
about a friend who used lots of pureed foods, partcularly meat, which
people with gastorparesis (as you have often stated) have trouble
digesting might interest you. I don't see why , if solid meat is a
problem that makign soupy pureed meat and vegetables wouldn' always be a
good idea for gastroparesis eve if all foods do not need to be pureed.
You stated that you were ast a uree stage or shomething like that, so why
would you be interested? Well, those of us without gastroparesis would
have no way of knowing that unless we researched the condition before
posting either an article or a someting about a friend with the problem
adn how she worked with it.

Roberet, who lived in a supportive envireonment because of his strokes,
seems to have very spotty internet connection and often posts aboaut stuff
that hhas long been dropped by the rest of us, but he is nly ust seeing it
for the first time. i believe that is why he often doesn't answer
immedietly.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> [...]
> : things up again.
>
> I would think that Robert thought one of 2 things. Either that you would
> be interested in something to do with gastroparesis or that jan's post
> about a friend who used lots of pureed foods, partcularly meat, which
> people with gastorparesis (as you have often stated) have trouble
> digesting might interest you. I don't see why , if solid meat is a
> problem that makign soupy pureed meat and vegetables wouldn' always be a
> good idea for gastroparesis eve if all foods do not need to be pureed.
> You stated that you were ast a uree stage or shomething like that, so why
> would you be interested? Well, those of us without gastroparesis would
> have no way of knowing that unless we researched the condition before
> posting either an article or a someting about a friend with the problem

The diet that Jan referred to is the stage one diet. I am waaay beyond
that. I believe there are four stages of diets. Maybe only three. But for
me to be on stage one at this point would be just plain silly!

I don't use a puree of anything except for in my meatloaf. And that is not
for me. That is because Angela and my husband do not like chunks of
vegetables in their meatloaf. And I use baby food squash as a replacement
for eggs because I am allergic to eggs.

> Roberet, who lived in a supportive envireonment because of his strokes,
> seems to have very spotty internet connection and often posts aboaut stuff
> that hhas long been dropped by the rest of us, but he is nly ust seeing it
> for the first time. i believe that is why he often doesn't answer
> immedietly.
>
> Wendy

Okay...

Still, it would have been the nice thing to do for someone to have pointed
that out to me in the beginning instead of just attacking me and attacking
me and attacking me and that was what was done.

However, I have now learned that several people here are not nice and I will
not expect any nice things out of them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> problem that makign soupy pureed meat and vegetables wouldn' always
>> be a
>> good idea for gastroparesis eve if all foods do not need to be
>> pureed.
>> You stated that you were ast a uree stage or shomething like that, so
>> why
>> would you be interested? Well, those of us without gastroparesis
>> would
>> have no way of knowing that unless we researched the condition before
>> posting either an article or a someting about a friend with the
>> problem
>> adn how she worked with it.

> The diet that Jan referred to is the stage one diet. I am waaay
> beyond that. I believe there are four stages of diets. Maybe only
> three. But for me to be on stage one at this point would be just

Thanks for expanding on that. I know little about gastroparesis and that
is the sort of information people need to know about.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:20:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> [...]

>for me. That is because Angela and my husband do not like chunks of
>vegetables in their meatloaf. And I use baby food squash as a replacement
>for eggs because I am allergic to eggs.
>>
>> Roberet, who lived in a supportive envireonment because of his strokes,
>> seems to have very spotty internet connection and often posts aboaut stuff
>> that hhas long been dropped by the rest of us, but he is nly ust seeing it
>> for the first time. i believe that is why he often doesn't answer
>> immedietly.
>>
>> Wendy

>Okay...
>
>Still, it would have been the nice thing to do for someone to have pointed
>that out to me in the beginning instead of just attacking me and attacking
>me and attacking me and that was what was done.
>
>However, I have now learned that several people here are not nice and I will

I always believe in using ones killfile. Some people are just not
helpful.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > Tiger Lily > wrote:
: > : On 1/3/2012 8:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

: > : the shops that sell the smokers also carry the wood chips, so she would
: > : have an idea of where/whom to go ask
: >
: > : my favs are
: > : hickory
: > : apple
: > : oak scotch (and such) barrels being recycled from the wine factories
: > : and more
: > : grin

: > What! You don't use alder wood for your salmon:-)

: Can they get alder in Oz? Does smoking it on a piece of birch count?

: --
: Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their

Tiger Lily lives pretty far west in Canada, the home of the alder wood
smoked salmon.

Wendy

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM