Old 28-01-2012, 03:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

On 1/27/2012 8:07 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Ghost peppers are Bhut Jolokias. Ten times as hot as Habaneros.

from memory, the Ghost peppers are hotter than the Scotch Bonnet?

ok, now i have to remember what scale they are rated on so i can find out

lol

kate

Old 28-01-2012, 04:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/27/2012 8:37 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Robert wrote in message
On 1/25/2012 6:06 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/25/2012 12:45 AM, Robert Miles wrote:
Since my stomach surgery I cannot seem to get enough of spicy hot
food. I could LIVE on chili and hot stuff. Cayenne (capsicum) is
an anti-inflammatory, so maybe my body was healing itself with hot
pepper.

Evelyn

If you want something really hot, look for habanero (with a ~
above the n) peppers or Scotch bonnet peppers; until recently,
the hottest peppers known, and the newer ones are still hard
to find.

I've read that they're often sold in stores specializing in
Mexican foods, but sometimes only to people who ask for them
in Spanish.

Robert Miles

are you referring to the Ghost Peppers??

kate

I've never seen any sign that they were called that. However,
if the Spanish name translates to ghost, I wouldn't know.

I believe ghost peppers are the ones that are supposed to be killer hot.
Yep.

https://www.ghostchilipeppers.com/?m...FWQ0Qgodxnacsw

Also called Bhut Jokia.

good commercial

now, how do they rate against Scotch Bonnet's?

kate
Old 28-01-2012, 05:20 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert wrote in message
[...]

Dunno. Anything more than a jalapeno is too hot for me and sometimes even
they are too hot!

Old 28-01-2012, 06:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/27/2012 8:07 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Ghost peppers are Bhut Jolokias. Ten times as hot as Habaneros.

from memory, the Ghost peppers are hotter than the Scotch Bonnet?

ok, now i have to remember what scale they are rated on so i can find out

lol

Scoville scale. Scotch Bonnets are about the same as Habaneros.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 28-01-2012, 06:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

https://www.ghostchilipeppers.com/?m...o5fl8a0CFWQ0Qg
odxnacsw

Also called Bhut Jokia.

good commercial

now, how do they rate against Scotch Bonnet's?

Only about a hundred times hotter. ;-)

Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/28/2012 11:38 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Tiger wrote:
On 1/27/2012 8:07 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Ghost peppers are Bhut Jolokias. Ten times as hot as Habaneros.

from memory, the Ghost peppers are hotter than the Scotch Bonnet?

ok, now i have to remember what scale they are rated on so i can find out

lol

Scoville scale. Scotch Bonnets are about the same as Habaneros.

oh, Habaneros are mild........ got ya!

well, not THAT mild!

lol

Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert wrote in message
[...]

and that is why i have NOT tried them

sweat forms on brow and eyes water........ oh the sinuses are
clearing............ why do my ears burn now? man i need to step away
for a minute!

lol

but
a sliver in a chilli dish may go a LONG way!

kate
Old 09-02-2012, 05:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

most scientist agree that we are just barely starting to understand how the
brain works we know far more about the universe then we do our own minds.

once you get what autism is and the huge scale it has..it is easy to
understand peoples so called "quirks"..

most "smart" people clearly have it in that it is what makes them exclude
outside influences and can work things out in their heads.

just observing them a bit makes it clear...bill gates..Steve jobs..mark
zuckerburg etc..

what we once thought a disability is likely what allowed us to go from the
trees in Africa to the space station and some day beyond.

KROM

"Robert Miles" wrote ...

I suspect that I have some of the Asperger's traits (Asperger's is on
the autistic scale), just not enough to ever get diagnosed. For
example, little interest in ever getting a girlfriend or getting
married.

However, in my case, I've found a likely cause - a problem dealing
with the faster forms of spoken words. For anyone talking at typical
TV actor speed or faster, without significant pauses, I seem to have
problems transferring it from short-term memory to long-term memory,
and therefore my memory of what they say often doesn't last longer
than about 1 minute. Communicating text through a computer, such as
in newsgroups, in easier, since I control the speed of how fast I
absorb it.

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM