Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Favorite things to do with onions?

I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.

What do you like to do with onions?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>
> What do you like to do with onions?

French onion soup, using the method in Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
I love onions, and use a lot of them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> French onion soup, using the method in Mastering the Art of French
> Cooking. I love onions, and use a lot of them.

I love that soup!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i lovethem in almost everything, a friend has recently taken to carmelizing
them in the crock pot, after a long process, she either makes it as a soup
base or puts it on sands as a spread, that is on my "to try" list, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
>onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>
> What do you like to do with onions?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i lovethem in almost everything, a friend has recently taken to carmelizing
>them in the crock pot, after a long process, she either makes it as a soup
>base or puts it on sands as a spread, that is on my "to try" list, Lee

I have done that. Very good!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>
> What do you like to do with onions?

Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use
onions pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every
savoury dish I make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially if
bbq'ing. I also make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried
onions). Nice with sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use onions
> pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every savoury dish I
> make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially if bbq'ing. I also
> make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried onions). Nice with
> sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.

Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often overwhelming.
The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and thereabouts. Two
restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I don't know if they
soaked them in cold water or what but they came out tasting sweet and not
hot.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are
>>> the white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were
>>> cheap.
>>>
>>> What do you like to do with onions?

>> Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use
>> onions pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every
>> savoury dish I make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially
>> if bbq'ing. I also make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried
>> onions). Nice with sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.

> Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often
> overwhelming. The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and
> thereabouts. Two restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I
> don't know if they soaked them in cold water or what but they came out
> tasting sweet and not hot.

My mother always soaked sliced onion in vinegar for an hour or so before
using them in salads, takes the heat out. I find if I refrigerate onions
it takes heat out too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: ...
: >
: >
: > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
: >> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
: >>
: >> What do you like to do with onions?
: >
: > Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use onions
: > pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every savoury dish I
: > make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially if bbq'ing. I also
: > make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried onions). Nice with
: > sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.

: Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often overwhelming.
: The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and thereabouts. Two
: restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I don't know if they
: soaked them in cold water or what but they came out tasting sweet and not
: hot.

I alwasy have sliced red onions when I have a hamburger out. I get it on
a be of lettuce, no bun, of course, and I cut the slices into 4 pieced and
eat them with the hamburger and soem ketchup as well as the side of a good
pickle spear. At some places I have the cole slaw because it si not at
all sweet, while at some others I skip it.

Of course, I use them in most of my cooking.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use
>>> onions pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every
>>> savoury dish I make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially if
>>> bbq'ing. I also make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried
>>> onions). Nice with sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.

>> Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often
>> overwhelming. The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and
>> thereabouts. Two restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I
>> don't know if they soaked them in cold water or what but they came out
>> tasting sweet and not hot.

> My mother always soaked sliced onion in vinegar for an hour or so before
> using them in salads, takes the heat out. I find if I refrigerate onions
> it takes heat out too.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : >
> : >
> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
> : >> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were
> cheap.
> : >>
> : >> What do you like to do with onions?
> : >
> : > Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use
> onions
> : > pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every savoury
> dish I
> : > make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially if bbq'ing. I
> also
> : > make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried onions). Nice with
> : > sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.
>
> : Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often
> overwhelming.
> : The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and thereabouts.
> Two
> : restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I don't know if they
> : soaked them in cold water or what but they came out tasting sweet and
> not
> : hot.
>
> I alwasy have sliced red onions when I have a hamburger out. I get it on
> a be of lettuce, no bun, of course, and I cut the slices into 4 pieced and
> eat them with the hamburger and soem ketchup as well as the side of a good
> pickle spear. At some places I have the cole slaw because it si not at
> all sweet, while at some others I skip it.
>
> Of course, I use them in most of my cooking.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use
>>> onions pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every
>>> savoury dish I make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially if
>>> bbq'ing. I also make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried
>>> onions). Nice with sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.

>> Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often
>> overwhelming. The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and
>> thereabouts. Two restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I
>> don't know if they soaked them in cold water or what but they came out
>> tasting sweet and not hot.

> My mother always soaked sliced onion in vinegar for an hour or so before
> using them in salads, takes the heat out. I find if I refrigerate onions
> it takes heat out too.

I always soak my red onions in ice water for ten minutes before I put them
in a salad. We like all onions. I like red or the Vidalia on burgers and
hotdogs.
I put the green ones in my potato and pasta salads. I fry them with
mushrooms for topping on grilled steak. I put them in my ham and cheese
omelets.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often
>>> overwhelming. The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and
>>> thereabouts. Two restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I
>>> don't know if they soaked them in cold water or what but they came out
>>> tasting sweet and not hot.

>> My mother always soaked sliced onion in vinegar for an hour or so before
>> using them in salads, takes the heat out. I find if I refrigerate onions
>> it takes heat out too.
>>

> I always soak my red onions in ice water for ten minutes before I put them
> in a salad. We like all onions. I like red or the Vidalia on burgers and
> hotdogs.
> I put the green ones in my potato and pasta salads. I fry them with
> mushrooms for topping on grilled steak. I put them in my ham and cheese
> omelets.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> French onion soup, using the method in Mastering the Art of French
> Cooking. I love onions, and use a lot of them.

Yes! It must be the browning that does it. We had zuppa di cipolla at an
Italan restaurant, unbrowned onions and it was not nearly as good. Thanks
for the reminder, I'll have a pot ready for dw when she gets back from her
trip ...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Bjørn Steensrud" > wrote in message
> Janet wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>>> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>>
>>> What do you like to do with onions?

>> French onion soup, using the method in Mastering the Art of French
>> Cooking. I love onions, and use a lot of them.

> Yes! It must be the browning that does it. We had zuppa di cipolla at an
> Italan restaurant, unbrowned onions and it was not nearly as good. Thanks
> for the reminder, I'll have a pot ready for dw when she gets back from her
> trip ...

My mother hates browned onions but I LOVE them!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often
>>> overwhelming. The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA
>>> and thereabouts. Two restaurants there used very thinly sliced
>>> onions. I don't know if they soaked them in cold water or what but
>>> they came out tasting sweet and not hot.

>> My mother always soaked sliced onion in vinegar for an hour or so
>> before using them in salads, takes the heat out. I find if I
>> refrigerate onions it takes heat out too.
>>

> I always soak my red onions in ice water for ten minutes before I put
> them in a salad. We like all onions. I like red or the Vidalia on
> burgers and hotdogs.
> I put the green ones in my potato and pasta salads. I fry them with

My long lost twin! Do you like your onions raw or cooked on burgers
and hot dogs? I like fried onions but also rather partial to raw red
onions on a burger. On the rare occasion I have a Maccas burger I always
ask for raw red onions and tomato

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Bjørn Steensrud" > wrote in message
>> Janet wrote:

>>> French onion soup, using the method in Mastering the Art of French
>>> Cooking. I love onions, and use a lot of them.

>> Yes! It must be the browning that does it. We had zuppa di cipolla at
>> an
>> Italan restaurant, unbrowned onions and it was not nearly as good.
>> Thanks
>> for the reminder, I'll have a pot ready for dw when she gets back
>> from her
>> trip ...

> My mother hates browned onions but I LOVE them!

I can't imagine it without browning the onions but each to their own

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>
> What do you like to do with onions?

- Greek Salad

- Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad

- onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir fried

- green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs

- vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)

- trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
: > onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
: >
: > What do you like to do with onions?

: - Greek Salad

: - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad

: - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir fried

: - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs

: - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)

: - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
: hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
: chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
: with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum

How about thinly sliced with cream cheese and smoked salmon on a low carg
pita in lieu of the bagel?

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

we eat this, and one i forgot, i sometimes just put them in a steamer, steam
until the top poof up like a christmas ornament and man are they good, Lee
"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Tiger Lily > wrote:
> : On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> : > I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
> white
> : > onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
> : >
> : > What do you like to do with onions?
>
> : - Greek Salad
>
> : - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>
> : - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir
> fried
>
> : - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>
> : - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
>
> : - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
> : hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
> : chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
> : with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum
>
> How about thinly sliced with cream cheese and smoked salmon on a low carg
> pita in lieu of the bagel?
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/8/2011 11:36 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> : On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> :> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
> :> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
> :>
> :> What do you like to do with onions?
>
> : - Greek Salad
>
> : - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>
> : - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir fried
>
> : - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>
> : - vidalia onion& mustard salad dressing (yum)
>
> : - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
> : hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
> : chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
> : with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum
>
> How about thinly sliced with cream cheese and smoked salmon on a low carg
> pita in lieu of the bagel?
>
> Wendy

ah huh! for sure!! LOL

hubby buys me the lox and then sorta frowns when he sees me eating that

i'm not so sure i slice the onion thin, preferring to up the lox and
cream cheese portions LOL

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > Tiger > wrote:
: > : On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > :> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
: > :> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
: > :>
[...]

I forgot to add the slice of good tomato on that sandwich! It makes such
a wonderful combination of tastes adn textures that is quite heavenly!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>> white
>> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> - Greek Salad
>
> - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>
> - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir
> fried
>
> - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>
> - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
>
> - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
> hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
> chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
> with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...

>>> My mother always soaked sliced onion in vinegar for an hour or so before
>>> using them in salads, takes the heat out. I find if I refrigerate onions
>>> it takes heat out too.
>>>

>> I always soak my red onions in ice water for ten minutes before I put
>> them in a salad. We like all onions. I like red or the Vidalia on burgers
>> and hotdogs.
>> I put the green ones in my potato and pasta salads. I fry them with

> My long lost twin! Do you like your onions raw or cooked on burgers and
> hot dogs? I like fried onions but also rather partial to raw red onions on
> a burger. On the rare occasion I have a Maccas burger I always ask for raw
> red onions and tomato

I like them both ways but prefer raw. When I make chili beans, I cook onions
with the ground beef. Then when serving I also offer raw finely chopped
onions to put in the chili, Two totally different flavors

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>> white
>> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> - Greek Salad
>
> - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>
> - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir
> fried
>
> - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>
> - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
>
> - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
> hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
> chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
> with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum

Sometimes when I am out of lettuce and we are having Italian, I will slice
onions and tomatoes and marinate in a nice Italian dressing. Nope there is
not much I cook without some kind of onion.
When I make baked or fried cheese I sometimes add sliced green onions. Or I
will make a cheese crisp with a low carb tortilla, and add green onion to
it. I will brown chicken for fajitas and slice onions and caramelize them
slightly , then mix then together and add cheese and make quesadillas with
that mixture, serve it with sour cream and lettuce tomato and salsa.
Do you have a recipe for the mustard and Vidalia dressing?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
news
> I like them both ways but prefer raw. When I make chili beans, I cook
> onions with the ground beef. Then when serving I also offer raw finely
> chopped onions to put in the chili, Two totally different flavors

Me too!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
>onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>
> What do you like to do with onions?

Cheese & onion sarnies with thick slices of onion, loads of salt, pepper &
salad cream.

Chopped onion stirred into mashed potato.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ian Field" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>>white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> Cheese & onion sarnies with thick slices of onion, loads of salt,
> pepper & salad cream.
>
> Chopped onion stirred into mashed potato.

Ah yes, I have enjoyed both of your ideas I used to like mashed
potato with chopped onion with salad and next to the beetroot so the
juice would colour and flavour the mash, pink potato

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/8/2011 8:48 PM, Jacquie wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>>> white
>>> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>>
>>> What do you like to do with onions?

>> - Greek Salad
>>
>> - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>>
>> - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir
>> fried
>>
>> - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>>
>> - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
>>
>> - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
>> hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds
>> pie, chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a
>> casserole with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum
>>

> Sometimes when I am out of lettuce and we are having Italian, I will
> slice onions and tomatoes and marinate in a nice Italian dressing. Nope
> there is not much I cook without some kind of onion.
> When I make baked or fried cheese I sometimes add sliced green onions.
> Or I will make a cheese crisp with a low carb tortilla, and add green
> onion to it. I will brown chicken for fajitas and slice onions and
> caramelize them slightly , then mix then together and add cheese and
> make quesadillas with that mixture, serve it with sour cream and lettuce
> tomato and salsa.
> Do you have a recipe for the mustard and Vidalia dressing?

unfortunately, i'm desperately looking for the Vidalia/Mustard recipe

the farm that the onions first came from has a brand name (now forgotten
or name lost) and they sold their salad dressing via Costco............
we stocked up, but everyone LOVED the dressing and we gave them a fresh
bottle

now, Costco doesn't have them

they are E coast USA based

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/8/2011 8:48 PM, Jacquie wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>>> white
>>> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>>
>>> What do you like to do with onions?

>> - Greek Salad
>>
>> - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>>
>> - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir
>> fried
>>
>> - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>>
>> - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
>>
>> - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
>> hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds
>> pie, chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a
>> casserole with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum
>>

> Sometimes when I am out of lettuce and we are having Italian, I will
> slice onions and tomatoes and marinate in a nice Italian dressing. Nope
> there is not much I cook without some kind of onion.
> When I make baked or fried cheese I sometimes add sliced green onions.
> Or I will make a cheese crisp with a low carb tortilla, and add green
> onion to it. I will brown chicken for fajitas and slice onions and
> caramelize them slightly , then mix then together and add cheese and
> make quesadillas with that mixture, serve it with sour cream and lettuce
> tomato and salsa.
> Do you have a recipe for the mustard and Vidalia dressing?

this isn't the one
http://www.vitafoodproducts.com/p-27...-dressing.aspx

the one is made by ???? Farm

i'll see if my brother still has a bottle, they aren't salad folks
lol

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 12/8/2011 8:48 PM, Jacquie wrote:
> > "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

[ . . . . ]
> >> - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
> >>[ . . . . ]

Google on mustard onion dressing.

families: ~Semper Fi~ https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/10/2011 2:04 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
>> On 12/8/2011 8:48 PM, Jacquie wrote:
>>> "Tiger > wrote in message

> [ . . . . ]

> Google on mustard onion dressing.

Nick, i did

help!

Google restricts you by country, someone USA based will get a much
closer 'hit' than i can

i find this when i'm looking for outside of Canada suggestions.........
most annoying that search engines are 'restricting us to the country of
origin'

growl

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/10/2011 2:04 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
>> Tiger > wrote:

>> [ . . . . ]

>> Google on mustard onion dressing.
>>

> Nick, i did
>
> help!
>
> Google restricts you by country, someone USA based will get a much
> closer 'hit' than i can
>
> i find this when i'm looking for outside of Canada
> suggestions......... most annoying that search engines are
> 'restricting us to the country of origin'
>
> growl

In that case I would google "onion mustard dressing US". Sometimes I
have to actually put Australia in a google search to get hits here, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/8/2011 8:48 PM, Jacquie wrote:

>>> - Greek Salad
>>>
>>> - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>>>
>>> - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir
>>> fried
>>>
>>> - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>>>
>>> - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
>>>
>>> - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
>>> hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds
>>> pie, chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a
>>> casserole with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum
>>>

>> Sometimes when I am out of lettuce and we are having Italian, I will
>> slice onions and tomatoes and marinate in a nice Italian dressing. Nope
>> there is not much I cook without some kind of onion.
>> When I make baked or fried cheese I sometimes add sliced green onions.
>> Or I will make a cheese crisp with a low carb tortilla, and add green
>> onion to it. I will brown chicken for fajitas and slice onions and
>> caramelize them slightly , then mix then together and add cheese and
>> make quesadillas with that mixture, serve it with sour cream and lettuce
>> tomato and salsa.
>> Do you have a recipe for the mustard and Vidalia dressing?
>>

> unfortunately, i'm desperately looking for the Vidalia/Mustard recipe
>
> the farm that the onions first came from has a brand name (now forgotten
> or name lost) and they sold their salad dressing via Costco............ we
> stocked up, but everyone LOVED the dressing and we gave them a fresh
> bottle
>
> now, Costco doesn't have them
>
> they are E coast USA based

I looked up the recipe...there are a few on this page...do any of them sound
like yours?
http://www.yummly.com/recipes/vidali...stard-dressing

> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/10/2011 2:51 PM, Jacquie wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>>> Sometimes when I am out of lettuce and we are having Italian, I will
>>> slice onions and tomatoes and marinate in a nice Italian dressing. Nope
>>> there is not much I cook without some kind of onion.
>>> When I make baked or fried cheese I sometimes add sliced green onions.
>>> Or I will make a cheese crisp with a low carb tortilla, and add green
>>> onion to it. I will brown chicken for fajitas and slice onions and
>>> caramelize them slightly , then mix then together and add cheese and
>>> make quesadillas with that mixture, serve it with sour cream and lettuce
>>> tomato and salsa.
>>> Do you have a recipe for the mustard and Vidalia dressing?
>>>

>> unfortunately, i'm desperately looking for the Vidalia/Mustard recipe
>>
>> the farm that the onions first came from has a brand name (now
>> forgotten or name lost) and they sold their salad dressing via
>> Costco............ we stocked up, but everyone LOVED the dressing and
>> we gave them a fresh bottle
>>
>> now, Costco doesn't have them
>>
>> they are E coast USA based

> I looked up the recipe...there are a few on this page...do any of them
> sound like yours?
> http://www.yummly.com/recipes/vidali...stard-dressing
>

>> kate

i am SO saving your link here, i'd make the one with cider in it, touch
of cloves, dijon mustard & vidalia onions

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/10/2011 2:51 PM, Jacquie wrote:

>>> unfortunately, i'm desperately looking for the Vidalia/Mustard recipe
>>>
>>> the farm that the onions first came from has a brand name (now
>>> forgotten or name lost) and they sold their salad dressing via
>>> Costco............ we stocked up, but everyone LOVED the dressing and
>>> we gave them a fresh bottle
>>>
>>> now, Costco doesn't have them
>>>
>>> they are E coast USA based

>> I looked up the recipe...there are a few on this page...do any of them
>> sound like yours?
>> http://www.yummly.com/recipes/vidali...stard-dressing
>>

>>> kate
>>>

> i am SO saving your link here, i'd make the one with cider in it, touch of
> cloves, dijon mustard & vidalia onions

Thanks..I'll try that one first

> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ian Field" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>>white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> Cheese & onion sarnies with thick slices of onion, loads of salt, pepper &
> salad cream.
>
> Chopped onion stirred into mashed potato.

What's a sarnie?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Ian Field" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>>I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>>>white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>>
>>> What do you like to do with onions?

>> Cheese & onion sarnies with thick slices of onion, loads of salt, pepper
>> & salad cream.
>>
>> Chopped onion stirred into mashed potato.

> Ah yes, I have enjoyed both of your ideas I used to like mashed potato
> with chopped onion with salad and next to the beetroot so the juice would
> colour and flavour the mash, pink potato

I love mashed potatoes with onion, cheese, bacon and plenty of black pepper.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> [ ....]

> I love mashed potatoes with onion, cheese, bacon and plenty of black
> pepper.

Does that mean you're cured!?

families: ~Semper Fi~ https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> [ ....]

>> I love mashed potatoes with onion, cheese, bacon and plenty of black
>> pepper.

> Does that mean you're cured!?

I wish! I may be the atypical one here but with my gastroparesis, stuff
like that is easy for me to digest and I get better BG numbers than if I
were to eat some high fiber food. Or meat.