Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Regular Coke in white cans

For those of you who drink Diet Coke:

<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-frosty-reception-for-coca-cola-s-white-christmas-cans.html>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

this has been an issue for vending companies with can displays as most
customers confuse it with diet and often don't recognise it as coke at all,
it has been a major pita for vending companies, i was very glad to hear on
the radio they were quitting it, Lee
"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> For those of you who drink Diet Coke:
>
> <http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-frosty-reception-for-coca-cola-s-white-christmas-cans.html>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/1/2011 7:47 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
> For those of you who drink Diet Coke:
>
> <http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-frosty-reception-for-coca-cola-s-white-christmas-cans.html>

I was an inveterate Diet Coke drinker until I tried Coke Zero. The black
cans ever change and the taste is, I have to admit, better than Diet
Coke, which I had previously referred to as the "elixir of the gods"

This is the gal with a genuine "Diet Coke" emblazoned yoga mat.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I loooove pepsi max...most other diet drinks dont appeal to me

only downside is its the one drink that gives me a headache if I drink to
much guaranteed

sigh

KROM

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
b.com...

On 12/1/2011 7:47 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
> For those of you who drink Diet Coke:
>
> <http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-frosty-reception-for-coca-cola-s-white-christmas-cans.html>

I was an inveterate Diet Coke drinker until I tried Coke Zero. The black
cans ever change and the taste is, I have to admit, better than Diet
Coke, which I had previously referred to as the "elixir of the gods"

This is the gal with a genuine "Diet Coke" emblazoned yoga mat.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I loooove pepsi max...most other diet drinks dont appeal to me

My fave too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I loooove pepsi max...most other diet drinks dont appeal to me
>
> only downside is its the one drink that gives me a headache if I drink to
> much guaranteed
>
> sigh
>
> KROM

I'm not a huge soda drinker at all, but I do like Pepsi Max when I do drink
it. It seems less carbonated to me. I don't like carbonation and usually
don't care for a drink until it's mostly flat. I haven't had the headache
thing and I drank a whole bottle of it one hot day this summer.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine for
me..who knows

if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for two
days in a row..headache.

like how some people get them from aspartame

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I loooove pepsi max...most other diet drinks dont appeal to me
>
> only downside is its the one drink that gives me a headache if I drink to
> much guaranteed
>
> sigh
>
> KROM

I'm not a huge soda drinker at all, but I do like Pepsi Max when I do drink
it. It seems less carbonated to me. I don't like carbonation and usually
don't care for a drink until it's mostly flat. I haven't had the headache
thing and I drank a whole bottle of it one hot day this summer.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM > wrote:
p: it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine
for
: me..who knows

: if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for two
: days in a row..headache.

: like how some people get them from aspartame

: KROM

Judging from the name, does it have more caffine than regual colas? this
might account for the problem of the headache if it is more than o usually
take.

Wendy-just speculating

: "Cheri" wrote in message ...

: "KROM" > wrote in message ...
: >I loooove pepsi max...most other diet drinks don?t appeal to me
: >
: > only downside is it?s the one drink that gives me a headache if I drink to
: > much guaranteed
: >
: > sigh
: >
: > KROM

: I'm not a huge soda drinker at all, but I do like Pepsi Max when I do drink
: it. It seems less carbonated to me. I don't like carbonation and usually
: don't care for a drink until it's mostly flat. I haven't had the headache
: thing and I drank a whole bottle of it one hot day this summer.

: Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> KROM > wrote:
> p: it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine
> for
> : me..who knows
>
> : if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for
> two
> : days in a row..headache.
>
> : like how some people get them from aspartame
>
> : KROM
>

> Judging from the name, does it have more caffine than regual colas? this
> might account for the problem of the headache if it is more than o usually
> take.
>
> Wendy-just speculating

As far as I know, the "MAX" stands for "maximum taste, zero calories" At
least that's the way it's advertised.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the nutra crap is hard on me but th ER qwacks like when i drink it, Lee
"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> KROM > wrote:
> p: it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine
> for
> : me..who knows
>
> : if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for
> two
> : days in a row..headache.
>
> : like how some people get them from aspartame
>
> : KROM
>

> Judging from the name, does it have more caffine than regual colas? this
> might account for the problem of the headache if it is more than o usually
> take.
>
> Wendy-just speculating
>
> : "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> : "KROM" > wrote in message
> : >I loooove pepsi max...most other diet drinks don?t appeal to me
> : >
> : > only downside is it?s the one drink that gives me a headache if I
> drink to
> : > much guaranteed
> : >
> : > sigh
> : >
> : > KROM
>
> : I'm not a huge soda drinker at all, but I do like Pepsi Max when I do
> drink
> : it. It seems less carbonated to me. I don't like carbonation and usually
> : don't care for a drink until it's mostly flat. I haven't had the
> headache
> : thing and I drank a whole bottle of it one hot day this summer.
>
> : Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>I loooove pepsi max...most other diet drinks dont appeal to me
>>
>> only downside is its the one drink that gives me a headache if I
>> drink to much guaranteed
>>
>> sigh
>>
>> KROM

> I'm not a huge soda drinker at all, but I do like Pepsi Max when I do
> drink it. It seems less carbonated to me. I don't like carbonation and
> usually don't care for a drink until it's mostly flat. I haven't had
> the headache thing and I drank a whole bottle of it one hot day this
> summer.
>
> Cheri

Coke Zero has less but it goes flat too quickly. Pepsi Max is still my
#1 choice.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine
> for me..who knows
>
> if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for
> two days in a row..headache.
>
> like how some people get them from aspartame

Pepsi Max has a "sweeter" taste to me than say Diet Coke, so its
possible there is more aspartame in Pepsi Max?
Apparently there is twice the caffeine in Pepsi Max than in regular Diet
Pepsi.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine for
>> me..who knows
>>
>> if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for two
>> days in a row..headache.
>>
>> like how some people get them from aspartame

> Pepsi Max has a "sweeter" taste to me than say Diet Coke, so its possible
> there is more aspartame in Pepsi Max?
> Apparently there is twice the caffeine in Pepsi Max than in regular Diet
> Pepsi.

I tried a sip of that stuff once. Waaaaay too sweet for me as are all of
the Pepsi products. I can't even imagine drinking a real Pepsi. It would
likely kill me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

one thing i know that is rather odd, dh can drink a regular sugar no caffine
pepsi with no issues, but regular sugar/with caffine bother his stomach
really bad, and he is a really addicted coffee drinker so caffine alone
doesn't bother him but the combo of the two is a misery in a can, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine
>>> for me..who knows
>>>
>>> if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for
>>> two days in a row..headache.
>>>
>>> like how some people get them from aspartame

>> Pepsi Max has a "sweeter" taste to me than say Diet Coke, so its possible
>> there is more aspartame in Pepsi Max?
>> Apparently there is twice the caffeine in Pepsi Max than in regular Diet
>> Pepsi.

> I tried a sip of that stuff once. Waaaaay too sweet for me as are all of
> the Pepsi products. I can't even imagine drinking a real Pepsi. It would
> likely kill me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Cheri" > wrote:

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> > KROM > wrote:
> > p: it has ginseng or some such in it which might react with the caffeine
> > for
> > : me..who knows
> >
> > : if I drink a 12 ounce glass I'm fine but if I drink more or do it for
> > two
> > : days in a row..headache.
> >
> > : like how some people get them from aspartame
> >
> > : KROM
> >

> > Judging from the name, does it have more caffine than regual colas? this
> > might account for the problem of the headache if it is more than o usually
> > take.
> >
> > Wendy-just speculating

> As far as I know, the "MAX" stands for "maximum taste, zero calories" At
> least that's the way it's advertised.
>
> Cheri

as I remember it, it contains small amounts of ginseng but is otherwise no
different than diet pepsi

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/1/2011 7:47 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
> For those of you who drink Diet Coke:
>
> <http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-frosty-reception-for-coca-cola-s-white-christmas-cans.html>

The latest on their plans - they're about to switch to a new
type of red cans for the rest of the holiday season.

> http://www.waaytv.com/business/story...hvagn8i8A.cspx

No recalls for the white cans, so still watch for those until
they're sold out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i think i posted that, Lee
"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 12/1/2011 7:47 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
>> For those of you who drink Diet Coke:
>>
>> <http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-frosty-reception-for-coca-cola-s-white-christmas-cans.html>

> The latest on their plans - they're about to switch to a new
> type of red cans for the rest of the holiday season.
>
>> http://www.waaytv.com/business/story...hvagn8i8A.cspx

> No recalls for the white cans, so still watch for those until
> they're sold out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I don't think diabetics should drink any kind of cola because the
phosphoric acid in them is bad for the kidneys. If you take 250 mg of
thiamine or a lesser amount of benfotiamine you may avoid diabetic
kidney disease. Thiamine lowered my serum creatinine from 1.30 to 1.08
and I'd guess it's even lower by now. My urine albumin was only 1.2.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Pepsi Max has 46 mg per 8 oz of caffeine and Diet Pepsi has 24 grams mg per
8 oz . http://www.pepsicobeveragefacts.com/caffeine.php

Still Coke Still Coke General 3 09-03-2010 11:25 AM
Sweet Potato/Yam vs. Regular white potatos HorseThief Diabetic 8 04-08-2006 05:38 PM
Beer Cans Wanted (Pub Beer Cans are Art) c5 Beer 11 23-01-2005 05:25 PM
Beer Cans Wanted (Pub Beer Cans are Art) c5 Beer 3 14-01-2005 04:32 PM
recipe calling for regular white flour Tw General Cooking 5 08-04-2004 11:58 PM