Member

Default Is vegetable Soup good for Diabetic Patients ?

My father is having diabetes . I have to know whether he can use vegetables soup or not . I wan you to share your valuable tips here .
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"wilsonparker" > wrote in message

> My father is having diabetes . I have to know whether he can use
> vegetables soup or not . I wan you to share your valuable tips here .

Oh good gravy! There is no one food that is really good or bad for
diabetics.

Carbs are what raise BG (blood glucose) the most. So it is carbs we must be
the most mindful of. How many carbs your dad can eat is up to his body. He
would have to test his BG to find that out.

Also, the term "vegetable soup" is rather meaningless. You could make a
soup with bean sprouts and green onions and it would be very low in carbs.
Or you could make a soup with peas, corn and potatoes and it could be high
in carbs.

My first valuable tip to you is to get yourself a real newsreader and get
off of that idiotic foodbanter.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
wilsonparker > wrote:

> My father is having diabetes . I have to know whether he can use
> vegetables soup or not . I wan you to share your valuable tips here .

what did your doctor/nutritionist tell you when you asked him/her?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Hendrewmop wrote:
> Vegetable soup is very safe and healthy for the diabetic patient
> because they contain very high amount of potassium, minerals and
> calcium. It helps them to remain the diabetes under control.

It depends which vegetables.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Hendrewmop" > wrote in message

> Vegetable soup is very safe and healthy for the diabetic patient because
> they contain very high amount of potassium, minerals and calcium. It
> helps them to remain the diabetes under control.

No it doesn't!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/8/2011 5:26 AM, Hendrewmop wrote:
> Vegetable soup is very safe and healthy for the diabetic patient because
> they contain very high amount of potassium, minerals and calcium. It
> helps them to remain the diabetes under control.

Depends on what type of vegetables. Many of the people in this
newsgroup have found that the starchier vegetables must be
limited in quantity in order to be safe for them.

Starches digest into the same types of simple sugars that table
sugar does. The old idea that this always happens slowly enough
that those with diabetes can eat any amount of starches without
problems has been shown to be incorrect by scientific research.

Robert Miles