Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default OT bad kitty!

Angela was supposed to sew her elastic on her pre-pointe shoes on Friday in
class. They had the girls on pointe helping them. But the girl helping
Angela is only 12 and apparently didn't know what she was doing. I felt
good when I saw her take a shoe to the teacher for approval. Only to find
they had sewn the elastic on wrong. So she had to take it off. Then a 15
year old tried to help her. She had exactly one stitch sewn.

I tried to show her today but it didn't go well at all. Basically I think
she doesn't want to know how to do it. But that is the rule at her studio.
If you go en pointe, you sew your own shoes.

So there I was, sewing the elastic on. I did try to force her to do just
one piece but she kept saying she didn't understand or couldn't do it.
Yeah, cuz she didn't try. Anyway...

The baby cat was keenly interested in what I was doing. My right leg is a
bloody mess from her jumping repeatedly in my lap to get the needle. And
twice she caught the thread in her teeth. Held it there like a prize!
Looked like she was flossing.

And which cat was this? Ballerina. Angela named her. I said that is what
she gets for giving her that name.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Sounds like my brats They become totally unknowing when it suits them

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Angela was supposed to sew her elastic on her pre-pointe shoes on
> Friday in class. They had the girls on pointe helping them. But the
> girl helping Angela is only 12 and apparently didn't know what she was
> doing. I felt good when I saw her take a shoe to the teacher for
> approval. Only to find they had sewn the elastic on wrong. So she
> had to take it off. Then a 15 year old tried to help her. She had
> exactly one stitch sewn.
>
> I tried to show her today but it didn't go well at all. Basically I
> think she doesn't want to know how to do it. But that is the rule at
> her studio. If you go en pointe, you sew your own shoes.
>
> So there I was, sewing the elastic on. I did try to force her to do
> just one piece but she kept saying she didn't understand or couldn't
> do it. Yeah, cuz she didn't try. Anyway...
>
> The baby cat was keenly interested in what I was doing. My right leg
> is a bloody mess from her jumping repeatedly in my lap to get the
> needle. And twice she caught the thread in her teeth. Held it there
> like a prize! Looked like she was flossing.
>
> And which cat was this? Ballerina. Angela named her. I said that is
> what she gets for giving her that name.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Sounds like my brats They become totally unknowing when it suits them

That's what I thought.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/24/2011 2:48 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Sounds like my brats They become totally unknowing when it suits them
>>

> That's what I thought.

My little foster baby is an angel. He's not even 6 weeks old and is
completely litter trained, bright and alert, answers to his name and is
the best friend of our Toy Poodle. We are taking Yogi on an RV trip for
10 days and will get him his shots and turn him over to the shelter so
he can be adopted when we get back.

I will miss him, but I can't give him the kind of hoe he deserves.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 10/24/2011 2:48 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Sounds like my brats They become totally unknowing when it suits them
>>>

>> That's what I thought.
>>

> My little foster baby is an angel. He's not even 6 weeks old and is
> completely litter trained, bright and alert, answers to his name and is
> the best friend of our Toy Poodle. We are taking Yogi on an RV trip for 10
> days and will get him his shots and turn him over to the shelter so he can
> be adopted when we get back.
>
> I will miss him, but I can't give him the kind of hoe he deserves.

I think she was referring to my daughter. But I could be wrong.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> I tried to show her today but it didn't go well at all. Basically I think
> she doesn't want to know how to do it. But that is the rule at her studio.
> If you go en pointe, you sew your own shoes.
>
> So there I was, sewing the elastic on. I did try to force her to do just
> one piece but she kept saying she didn't understand or couldn't do it.
> Yeah, cuz she didn't try. Anyway...

yet another example of how you are teaching your child to be a failure
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>>>>

>>> That's what I thought.
>>>

>> My little foster baby is an angel. He's not even 6 weeks old and is
>> completely litter trained, bright and alert, answers to his name and
>> is the best friend of our Toy Poodle. We are taking Yogi on an RV
>> trip for 10 days and will get him his shots and turn him over to the
>> shelter so he can be adopted when we get back.
>>
>> I will miss him, but I can't give him the kind of hoe he deserves.

> I think she was referring to my daughter. But I could be wrong.

Yeah I was talking about human brats bad thing with mine is that they
pretty much do anything of the domestic nature but choose not to
sometimes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> In >, "Julie >
> wrote:
>
>> I tried to show her today but it didn't go well at all. Basically I think
>> she doesn't want to know how to do it. But that is the rule at her studio.
>> If you go en pointe, you sew your own shoes.
>>
>> So there I was, sewing the elastic on. I did try to force her to do just
>> one piece but she kept saying she didn't understand or couldn't do it.
>> Yeah, cuz she didn't try. Anyway...

> yet another example of how you are teaching your child to be a failure

kids learn best by their peers

while parents have to show their children no end of skills for survival,
if the child isn't interested.......... well, back to peer pressure

a parents job is to provide unconditional love & support for their
child....... the rest sorta falls into place with peer pressure

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/24/2011 2:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
[snip]
> The baby cat was keenly interested in what I was doing. My right leg is a
> bloody mess from her jumping repeatedly in my lap to get the needle. And
> twice she caught the thread in her teeth. Held it there like a prize!
> Looked like she was flossing.
>
> And which cat was this? Ballerina. Angela named her. I said that is what
> she gets for giving her that name.

Reminds me of a time at my parents' house when about three cats kept
climbing on the front screen door to show that they wanted to come
inside. We finally got some spray bottles and started spraying
water on those who were climbing; they soon stopped.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 10/24/2011 2:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> [snip]
>> The baby cat was keenly interested in what I was doing. My right leg is
>> bloody mess from her jumping repeatedly in my lap to get the needle. And
>> twice she caught the thread in her teeth. Held it there like a prize!
>> Looked like she was flossing.
>>
>> And which cat was this? Ballerina. Angela named her. I said that is
>> what
>> she gets for giving her that name.

> Reminds me of a time at my parents' house when about three cats kept
> climbing on the front screen door to show that they wanted to come
> inside. We finally got some spray bottles and started spraying
> water on those who were climbing; they soon stopped.

Wouldn't work for Ballerina. She loves water!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/25/2011 2:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Robert > wrote in message
>> On 10/24/2011 2:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> The baby cat was keenly interested in what I was doing. My right leg is
>>> bloody mess from her jumping repeatedly in my lap to get the needle. And
>>> twice she caught the thread in her teeth. Held it there like a prize!
>>> Looked like she was flossing.
>>>
>>> And which cat was this? Ballerina. Angela named her. I said that is
>>> what
>>> she gets for giving her that name.

>> Reminds me of a time at my parents' house when about three cats kept
>> climbing on the front screen door to show that they wanted to come
>> inside. We finally got some spray bottles and started spraying
>> water on those who were climbing; they soon stopped.

> Wouldn't work for Ballerina. She loves water!

Even cold water?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 10/25/2011 2:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Robert > wrote in message
>>> On 10/24/2011 2:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> Reminds me of a time at my parents' house when about three cats kept
>>> climbing on the front screen door to show that they wanted to come
>>> inside. We finally got some spray bottles and started spraying
>>> water on those who were climbing; they soon stopped.

>> Wouldn't work for Ballerina. She loves water!

> Even cold water?

Yes. She loved her fountain so much that I bought them a huge one with 5
spouts on it. She loves to put her paws where the water trickles out. Any
time I turn a faucet on, she is there. She gets in the shower with me.
Angela fills the sink with water and puts little boats and rubber ducks in
it. She bats them around with her paws. This is one cat who would love to
take a bath. Another thing Angela used to do was use some toys called sea
squirts. They are little rubber fish. They suck up water and squirt it out
their mouths. She loves to get squirted, especially in the face.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

we could get into a discussion of spoinling your kids, but since i have none
i won't go there... but lol to the cat, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Angela was supposed to sew her elastic on her pre-pointe shoes on Friday
> in class. They had the girls on pointe helping them. But the girl
> helping Angela is only 12 and apparently didn't know what she was doing.
> I felt good when I saw her take a shoe to the teacher for approval. Only
> to find they had sewn the elastic on wrong. So she had to take it off.
> Then a 15 year old tried to help her. She had exactly one stitch sewn.
>
> I tried to show her today but it didn't go well at all. Basically I think
> she doesn't want to know how to do it. But that is the rule at her
> studio. If you go en pointe, you sew your own shoes.
>
> So there I was, sewing the elastic on. I did try to force her to do just
> one piece but she kept saying she didn't understand or couldn't do it.
> Yeah, cuz she didn't try. Anyway...
>
> The baby cat was keenly interested in what I was doing. My right leg is a
> bloody mess from her jumping repeatedly in my lap to get the needle. And
> twice she caught the thread in her teeth. Held it there like a prize!
> Looked like she was flossing.
>
> And which cat was this? Ballerina. Angela named her. I said that is
> what she gets for giving her that name.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

no you aren't, the cats are ALL KNOWING lol, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>>>>

>>> That's what I thought.
>>>

>> My little foster baby is an angel. He's not even 6 weeks old and is
>> completely litter trained, bright and alert, answers to his name and is
>> the best friend of our Toy Poodle. We are taking Yogi on an RV trip for
>> 10 days and will get him his shots and turn him over to the shelter so he
>> can be adopted when we get back.
>>
>> I will miss him, but I can't give him the kind of hoe he deserves.

> I think she was referring to my daughter. But I could be wrong.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

some cats love it all, i have one that will be doing something wrong, so she
gets a spray, so she turns the other side and looks at dh like do this
side!!! Lee
"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 10/25/2011 2:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Robert > wrote in message
>>> On 10/24/2011 2:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> Reminds me of a time at my parents' house when about three cats kept
>>> climbing on the front screen door to show that they wanted to come
>>> inside. We finally got some spray bottles and started spraying
>>> water on those who were climbing; they soon stopped.

>> Wouldn't work for Ballerina. She loves water!

> Even cold water?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ooohhhhh must have a link for the fountain!!! Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message

>>> Wouldn't work for Ballerina. She loves water!

>> Even cold water?

> Yes. She loved her fountain so much that I bought them a huge one with 5
> spouts on it. She loves to put her paws where the water trickles out.
> Any time I turn a faucet on, she is there. She gets in the shower with
> me. Angela fills the sink with water and puts little boats and rubber
> ducks in it. She bats them around with her paws. This is one cat who
> would love to take a bath. Another thing Angela used to do was use some
> toys called sea squirts. They are little rubber fish. They suck up water
> and squirt it out their mouths. She loves to get squirted, especially in
> the face.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Tiger Lily >
wrote:

> On 10/24/2011 11:24 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
> > In >, "Julie >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I tried to show her today but it didn't go well at all. Basically I think
> >> she doesn't want to know how to do it. But that is the rule at her studio.
> >> If you go en pointe, you sew your own shoes.
> >>
> >> So there I was, sewing the elastic on. I did try to force her to do just
> >> one piece but she kept saying she didn't understand or couldn't do it.
> >> Yeah, cuz she didn't try. Anyway...

> > yet another example of how you are teaching your child to be a failure

> kids learn best by their peers
>
> while parents have to show their children no end of skills for survival,
> if the child isn't interested.......... well, back to peer pressure
>
> a parents job is to provide unconditional love & support for their
> child....... the rest sorta falls into place with peer pressure
>

> kate

and her kid has learned a valuable lesson: "I don't have to do anything because
mom will either do it for me or find a reason I don't have to do it"

and then she goes out into the real world and every time she has a problem, she
is ill- or un- prepared to do the task or even search her mind for a similar
learning experience. with the inevitable result that she will depend on the
kindness of strangers and lose her iPod everytime
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> ooohhhhh must have a link for the fountain!!! Lee

I got it at Amazon but let me find it.

This is it:

http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-D360...9604298&sr=8-9

Filters are not required but if you decide to use them make sure to order
extra. I think it says to change the filters every two weeks but I go for
longer. I am actually bad. I do not clean it out well until I notice that
the water flow is lessening. Actually the first time it got all stopped up.
Cat hair and even dust will clog it. But... This model is easier to clean
out than the single spout one. Still a bit of a pain and can take a while
to clean. But they love it and it holds so much water I don't have to worry
about them ever running out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, the one that my friends got me after the fire is ceramic and a
breeze to clean, a tip... if you have something to cover the fountain with,
when it needs cleaning, the water level is probably lower, leave it plugged
in and add white vinagar cover for a day and it will clean super quick, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> ooohhhhh must have a link for the fountain!!! Lee

> I got it at Amazon but let me find it.
>
> This is it:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-D360...9604298&sr=8-9
>
> Filters are not required but if you decide to use them make sure to order
> extra. I think it says to change the filters every two weeks but I go for
> longer. I am actually bad. I do not clean it out well until I notice
> that the water flow is lessening. Actually the first time it got all
> stopped up. Cat hair and even dust will clog it. But... This model is
> easier to clean out than the single spout one. Still a bit of a pain and
> can take a while to clean. But they love it and it holds so much water I
> don't have to worry about them ever running out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> thanks, the one that my friends got me after the fire is ceramic and a
> breeze to clean, a tip... if you have something to cover the fountain
> with, when it needs cleaning, the water level is probably lower, leave it
> plugged in and add white vinagar cover for a day and it will clean super
> quick, Lee

The cats would go nuts if I did that. They follow me into the kitchen when
I clean it and they are not happy until I return it, filled. Luckily we
don't have hard water here.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oops oh yeah, when i did that, before the house burnt, I had two fountains
so there wasn't a huge distress, but if for some reason i had both out of
commision i got a telling off non stop until it was noted that at least one
fountain was in order and running, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> thanks, the one that my friends got me after the fire is ceramic and a
>> breeze to clean, a tip... if you have something to cover the fountain
>> with, when it needs cleaning, the water level is probably lower, leave it
>> plugged in and add white vinagar cover for a day and it will clean super
>> quick, Lee

> The cats would go nuts if I did that. They follow me into the kitchen
> when I clean it and they are not happy until I return it, filled. Luckily
> we don't have hard water here.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> oops oh yeah, when i did that, before the house burnt, I had two fountains
> so there wasn't a huge distress, but if for some reason i had both out of
> commision i got a telling off non stop until it was noted that at least
> one fountain was in order and running, Lee

I really have no room for two fountains.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i was blessed with a huge bathroom vanity and i bought a 3 shelf book case
for the small one, i partly did it because it insured the smaller cats got
acess, at that time the cats that lived with us ranged in size from five
pounds to twenty one pounds, the three larger ones struggeled to use the
smaller one. Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> oops oh yeah, when i did that, before the house burnt, I had two
>> fountains so there wasn't a huge distress, but if for some reason i had
>> both out of commision i got a telling off non stop until it was noted
>> that at least one fountain was in order and running, Lee

> I really have no room for two fountains.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i was blessed with a huge bathroom vanity and i bought a 3 shelf book case
>for the small one, i partly did it because it insured the smaller cats got
>acess, at that time the cats that lived with us ranged in size from five
>pounds to twenty one pounds, the three larger ones struggeled to use the
>smaller one. Lee

We have a huge bathroom too but no place to plug one in.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

now that sucks, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>i was blessed with a huge bathroom vanity and i bought a 3 shelf book
>>case for the small one, i partly did it because it insured the smaller
>>cats got acess, at that time the cats that lived with us ranged in size
>>from five pounds to twenty one pounds, the three larger ones struggeled to
>>use the smaller one. Lee

> We have a huge bathroom too but no place to plug one in.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/26/2011 12:33 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> thanks, the one that my friends got me after the fire is ceramic and a
>> breeze to clean, a tip... if you have something to cover the fountain
>> with, when it needs cleaning, the water level is probably lower, leave it
>> plugged in and add white vinagar cover for a day and it will clean super
>> quick, Lee

> The cats would go nuts if I did that. They follow me into the kitchen when
> I clean it and they are not happy until I return it, filled. Luckily we
> don't have hard water here.

Would they prefer exchanging it with a second one, then?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/25/2011 10:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> ooohhhhh must have a link for the fountain!!! Lee

> I got it at Amazon but let me find it.
>
> This is it:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-D360...9604298&sr=8-9
>
> Filters are not required but if you decide to use them make sure to order
> extra. I think it says to change the filters every two weeks but I go for
> longer. I am actually bad. I do not clean it out well until I notice that
> the water flow is lessening. Actually the first time it got all stopped up.
> Cat hair and even dust will clog it. But... This model is easier to clean
> out than the single spout one. Still a bit of a pain and can take a while
> to clean. But they love it and it holds so much water I don't have to worry
> about them ever running out.

neat........ never seen one of those before

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 10/26/2011 12:33 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> thanks, the one that my friends got me after the fire is ceramic and a
>>> breeze to clean, a tip... if you have something to cover the fountain
>>> with, when it needs cleaning, the water level is probably lower, leave
>>> it
>>> plugged in and add white vinagar cover for a day and it will clean super
>>> quick, Lee

>> The cats would go nuts if I did that. They follow me into the kitchen
>> when
>> I clean it and they are not happy until I return it, filled. Luckily we
>> don't have hard water here.

> Would they prefer exchanging it with a second one, then?

These are huge! I have no place to store a second one!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

there are a zillion different kinds and all across the price ranges, its a
wonderful items if you have the money and especially with male cats because
its more like "found" water so they do tend to drink more.

Lee
"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 10/25/2011 10:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> ooohhhhh must have a link for the fountain!!! Lee

>> I got it at Amazon but let me find it.
>>
>> This is it:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-D360...9604298&sr=8-9
>>
>> Filters are not required but if you decide to use them make sure to order
>> extra. I think it says to change the filters every two weeks but I go
>> for
>> longer. I am actually bad. I do not clean it out well until I notice
>> that
>> the water flow is lessening. Actually the first time it got all stopped
>> up.
>> Cat hair and even dust will clog it. But... This model is easier to
>> clean
>> out than the single spout one. Still a bit of a pain and can take a
>> while
>> to clean. But they love it and it holds so much water I don't have to
>> worry
>> about them ever running out.

> neat........ never seen one of those before
>
> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i have had them for at least ten years, different types and brands, and its
>no trouble to clean them, just a little vinagar water every couple of
>weeks, and that was with eight cats in the house, it imho is one of the
>best things you can do for a male cat especally one with a history of
>crystals, Lee

With the Drinkwell brand you do have to pull the motor out and take it apart
to clean it. Otherwise it will stop up and won't work.

Had another brand for many years and you never had to clean the motor. The
only problem I ever had with that one was that it would get slimy and it was
hard to reach certain parts of it. I had a variety of brushes that I used.