Old 23-09-2011, 08:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Salmon cakes

at petsmart they have kitty wipes that say they help with allergins, not
sure if theyw ork but vet advised us to use them just after the fire to help
with getting soot/smoke off of cats as she felt that a bath on top of the
fire would be too traumatic... it worked for that, Lee
"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
oh Lee

heartfelt pain and tears, yes, this ISN'T a negotiable issue!

kate (down to 2 dogs from 4 dogs plus cat) [highly allergic to cats ]

On 9/22/2011 5:36 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
they have covered part of it, but we have reached the limit, but we have
no
choice but to stick where we are because of the cats, you simply can't
rent
with this many animals, and anywhere that would take us requires declaw,
can't go there... i would be homeless first, Lee
"Tiger wrote in message
On 9/22/2011 2:54 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
it is very hard, starting over is just almost unberable overwhelming,
so
many details, little things like remembering to put place matts and
coasters
on the shopping list to finding someone to remove trees so construction
can
be done properly...

it is moving ever so slowly, being superstitious in nature i am
reluctant
say much as every time i do something bad happens... but at least
things
are
moving...

we have learned what is important and what isn't, we are having a much
smaller house than originally planned but we won't have nearly so much
try and pay for beyond the ins co's payout... that became much more
important than some things, we also gave up some size for more
maintainance
free... neither of us are as young as we once were and figure this was
better use of the money... Lee

I don't envy you the process Lee, but please know best wishes are being
sent your way. It sounds like you have thought this out well, and are
fully aware of what you are getting into.

Is insurance paying for your living accommodations until the house is
ready to move into? (sure hope so!)

kate

Old 23-09-2011, 08:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2011 6:04 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 9/22/2011 4:49 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 9/22/2011 11:07 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
I've done it all... lol... a friend just bought us a robo stirrer
thinking
that might help me... we will se when we return to the house, Lee

Lee, that would be my style............ does it work on it's own like
the Roomba does?
let us know what you think of it!

kate

I love the robo-stirrer, but...it doesn't really do thick well. It does
take away all the tiresome stirring while things like pudding etc are
thickening. It does work on it's own, battery operated, and just set in
pan and set speed. When the mixture starts to get too thick for it, it
does have a different sound so you can take over from there. :-)

Cheri

bwha ha ha

this is EXACTLY what i need Cheri, I know what is going on the x-mas
wish list! ta!

(Amazon? i've never seen or heard of this before)

kate (hates the time until right before thickening.......... how do
you think Mom used to make gravy........ yup, i did all that "stir
constantly" LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZKGcbZ4etQ

It demonstrates on YouTube. I bought mine at Walgreen's for I believe it
was 9.99 in the As Seen On TV section. Also saw them at Rite-Aid and
CVS. You can order from Amazon or the Robo-Stir site, but then you have
the postage and the outrageous handling.

Cheri

ta, saved & filed......... now to find someone in the USA close to the
main site and yada yada yada

kate

Old 23-09-2011, 09:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2011 7:37 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
that is what makes them so wonderful they damage nothing, as long as you
don't have clutter stacked around and its just furniture it works great,
trusst me, and its really great if you have the one i had... it had a remote
control so it would go under furniture at the dh's direction when i asked
him to do that... and man what a great cat toy... my dh was very upset one
day just after getting ours, five cats sitting in a row in china cat
position watching it go back and forth all heads moving like watching a
tennis match... and the camera was on the shelf behind where the cats were,
Lee

bwha ha ha ha

love it

friend of mine has a U shaped bungalow with central courtyard inside the U

the roomba copes with the ENTIRE house, with one small
adjustment........... the dining room chairs must be elevated to stop
confusing the Roomba

the roomba does magnificently for them (small touch ups needed depending
on your tolerance level)

kate
Old 23-09-2011, 09:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

one of the things i figured out was that since we are having all vynle
floors a big vaccum isn't required, i was going to do the whole house vac,
but after careful consideration i decided a roomba and a dust mop for the
touch ups/when company was coming would be better... we have a small hand
vac for dry spills, Lee

Old 23-09-2011, 06:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee wrote:
: that was my first thought, i think if made as dry as possible that might
: work... i was also thinking maybe sliced parsnips or rutabegas, could fry
: and might be more like potatoes... Lee
Parsnips might taste gook, but are amlonst as carby as the potato. Make
sure you whap up that cauliflower in nthe food processor if you want it
like potatoes, as it is hard to chop it fine enough by hand. I might
sugest a stick blender, but not to you, after your recent comments:-)

Wendy

Old 23-09-2011, 06:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee wrote:
: mine just moved the cat toys, clutter makes it hard, Lee
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Storrmmee" wrote in message
: ...
: that is what makes them so wonderful they damage nothing, as long as you
: don't have clutter stacked around and its just furniture it works great,
: trusst me, and its really great if you have the one i had... it had a
: remote control so it would go under furniture at the dh's direction when
: i asked him to do that... and man what a great cat toy... my dh was very
: upset one day just after getting ours, five cats sitting in a row in
: china cat position watching it go back and forth all heads moving like
: watching a tennis match... and the camera was on the shelf behind where
: the cats were,
:
: We have clutter and cat toys. Currently the living room is cluttered with
: hundreds of mismatched socks. The cats are loving that! Angela collects
: socks. Which is fine but she has this odd habit of pulling one off. So
: one sock goes into the hamper and then I'll find the other one in some
: really odd place some time later. So it can take a good long time before
: the two socks ever mate up again.

How do you vacuum with all that clutter?

Wendy

Old 23-09-2011, 06:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles wrote:
: On 9/22/2011 9:30 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
: *evil grin* maybe i could do a commercial if i could make it with that
: flour, lol, Lee
: a VERY fine sieve for SLOWLY adding the flour/water mix to the boiling
: broth and whisk briskly when adding the flour/water
:
: sometimes this is easier with 2 people trying this (i learned that when
: i had to hold the fine sieve and mom would slowly add the flour/water to
: the gravy)
:
: kate

: I remember my mother deliberately making lumpy gravy. The lumps were
: meat, though, not poor results from how the flour was mixed in.

: Robert Miles

That's how my thin gravy turnes out, but usually not meat, but small bits
of onionas I use a great deal , often as a bed for he meat, when I roast.
I wil be making a brisket this afternoon whichhas squashed tomatoes and
lots of onions around it as it is braised. These all go into the simepl
gravy that is just water cleanign out the pad and keeping all those very
soft, ymmy vegtables, which, along with thd fond, flavors it. I am
makiang tis traditional holiaday roast just for ME. I will be going out
for a few meals this year, but they had the meat at what is a remaekable
price for kosher brisket at this time of year, so I decided to make it,
have it tonight and them freeze it in slices for use over the next few
weeks of holidays.

Wendy

Old 23-09-2011, 10:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Storrmmee wrote:
: mine just moved the cat toys, clutter makes it hard, Lee
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Storrmmee" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Well the socks aren't normally there. If the cat toys are small you just
push them around as you go. If large they have to be moved.