Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Salmon cakes

Depends on the quality of the beef, we have anything from hamburger to
ground meat you can't see fat in. If using the cheaper stuff a lot of
fat goes into the pan, it swims in it. That's what I tip off.

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> i had a muffin pan that was twelve squares and it shaped and portioned
> all at once, way cool... letting cool to handle, then leave on the
> grease? why? because when we reheated it went on the rack and helped
> to brown and then drip off, also i used pretty low fat meat, Lee
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>I used to make mine in loaf cake pans. When they were cooked I would
>>empty off the fat then put back in the oven to brown them. The pans
>>never came up looking good but I didn't use those ones for cakes
>>anyway. Ideal for portion control in the muffin pans though.
>>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> meat loaf in muffin pans is a joy, either make/bake/freeze or make
>>> freeze, decant and store bringing out to cook, i also do turkey
>>> dressing this way helps with portion control, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

*evil grin* maybe i could do a commercial if i could make it with that
flour, lol, Lee
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> In Australia they sell special gravy flour. Its pretty hard to create
> lumpy gravy using it but then again they haven't met you...
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> I've done it all... lol... a friend just bought us a robo stirrer
>> thinking that might help me... we will se when we return to the house,
>> Lee
>>>
>>> a VERY fine sieve for SLOWLY adding the flour/water mix to the boiling
>>> broth and whisk briskly when adding the flour/water
>>>
>>> sometimes this is easier with 2 people trying this (i learned that when
>>> i had to hold the fine sieve and mom would slowly add the flour/water to
>>> the gravy)
>>>
>>> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> that is what makes them so wonderful they damage nothing, as long as you
> don't have clutter stacked around and its just furniture it works great,
> trusst me, and its really great if you have the one i had... it had a
> remote control so it would go under furniture at the dh's direction when i
> asked him to do that... and man what a great cat toy... my dh was very
> upset one day just after getting ours, five cats sitting in a row in china
> cat position watching it go back and forth all heads moving like watching
> a tennis match... and the camera was on the shelf behind where the cats
> were,

We have clutter and cat toys. Currently the living room is cluttered with
hundreds of mismatched socks. The cats are loving that! Angela collects
socks. Which is fine but she has this odd habit of pulling one off. So one
sock goes into the hamper and then I'll find the other one in some really
odd place some time later. So it can take a good long time before the two
socks ever mate up again.

Some time last year I made a career out of mating the socks. But then she
got to the point where she didn't have too many that matched any more. So I
started up again.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2011 9:30 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> *evil grin* maybe i could do a commercial if i could make it with that
> flour, lol, Lee
> > wrote in message
>> In Australia they sell special gravy flour. Its pretty hard to create
>> lumpy gravy using it but then again they haven't met you...
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> I've done it all... lol... a friend just bought us a robo stirrer
>>> thinking that might help me... we will se when we return to the house,

I remember my mother deliberately making lumpy gravy. The lumps were
meat, though, not poor results from how the flour was mixed in.

Robert Miles

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> In Australia they sell special gravy flour. Its pretty hard to create
> lumpy gravy using it but then again they haven't met you...

We have that here. It's called Wondra.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2011 5:32 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> yes it works on its own, when dh tried it here at the hotel we discovered
> the burners weren't level so it stayed to one side of the pot, i think on a
> level surface it will do quite nicely, my friend likes hers a lot, Lee

sweet

we have the flat top stove and hubby is forever checking that the pot &
pan bases are FLAT and sit RIGHT ON the burner

i'll have him grab the level, i WANT this

kate
(easy to entertain)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oh Lee

heartfelt pain and tears, yes, this ISN'T a negotiable issue!

kate (down to 2 dogs from 4 dogs plus cat) [highly allergic to cats ]

On 9/22/2011 5:36 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> they have covered part of it, but we have reached the limit, but we have no
> choice but to stick where we are because of the cats, you simply can't rent
> with this many animals, and anywhere that would take us requires declaw,
> can't go there... i would be homeless first, Lee
> "Tiger > wrote in message
>> On 9/22/2011 2:54 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>>> it is very hard, starting over is just almost unberable overwhelming, so
>>> many details, little things like remembering to put place matts and
>>> coasters
>>> on the shopping list to finding someone to remove trees so construction
>>> can
>>> be done properly...
>>>
>>> it is moving ever so slowly, being superstitious in nature i am reluctant
>>> say much as every time i do something bad happens... but at least things
>>> are
>>> moving...
>>>
>>> we have learned what is important and what isn't, we are having a much
>>> smaller house than originally planned but we won't have nearly so much to
>>> try and pay for beyond the ins co's payout... that became much more
>>> important than some things, we also gave up some size for more
>>> maintainance
>>> free... neither of us are as young as we once were and figure this was a
>>> better use of the money... Lee

>> I don't envy you the process Lee, but please know best wishes are being
>> sent your way. It sounds like you have thought this out well, and are
>> fully aware of what you are getting into.
>>
>> Is insurance paying for your living accommodations until the house is
>> ready to move into? (sure hope so!)
>>
>> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oops, maybe turnips might work, they also do well mixed with a bit of
potatoe for the taste so that might be a way to do it by mashing and mixing,
potatoes don't bother me if i keep the serving small. Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> that was my first thought, i think if made as dry as possible that might
>> work... i was also thinking maybe sliced parsnips or rutabegas, could fry
>> and might be more like potatoes... Lee

> I don't know the carb count of turnips. I like them raw but can live
> without them. Parsnips though have as many carbs as potatoes I think. At
> least they spike me very badly. Good thing I don't like them!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

mine just moved the cat toys, clutter makes it hard, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> that is what makes them so wonderful they damage nothing, as long as you
>> don't have clutter stacked around and its just furniture it works great,
>> trusst me, and its really great if you have the one i had... it had a
>> remote control so it would go under furniture at the dh's direction when
>> i asked him to do that... and man what a great cat toy... my dh was very
>> upset one day just after getting ours, five cats sitting in a row in
>> china cat position watching it go back and forth all heads moving like
>> watching a tennis match... and the camera was on the shelf behind where
>> the cats were,

> We have clutter and cat toys. Currently the living room is cluttered with
> hundreds of mismatched socks. The cats are loving that! Angela collects
> socks. Which is fine but she has this odd habit of pulling one off. So
> one sock goes into the hamper and then I'll find the other one in some
> really odd place some time later. So it can take a good long time before
> the two socks ever mate up again.
>
> Some time last year I made a career out of mating the socks. But then she
> got to the point where she didn't have too many that matched any more. So
> I started up again.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

raises hand!!! me too, Lee
"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 9/22/2011 5:32 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> yes it works on its own, when dh tried it here at the hotel we discovered
>> the burners weren't level so it stayed to one side of the pot, i think on
>> level surface it will do quite nicely, my friend likes hers a lot, Lee

> sweet
>
> we have the flat top stove and hubby is forever checking that the pot &
> pan bases are FLAT and sit RIGHT ON the burner
>
> i'll have him grab the level, i WANT this
>
> kate
> (easy to entertain)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

at petsmart they have kitty wipes that say they help with allergins, not
sure if theyw ork but vet advised us to use them just after the fire to help
with getting soot/smoke off of cats as she felt that a bath on top of the
fire would be too traumatic... it worked for that, Lee
"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> oh Lee
>
> heartfelt pain and tears, yes, this ISN'T a negotiable issue!
>
> kate (down to 2 dogs from 4 dogs plus cat) [highly allergic to cats ]
>

> On 9/22/2011 5:36 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> they have covered part of it, but we have reached the limit, but we have
>> no
>> choice but to stick where we are because of the cats, you simply can't
>> rent
>> with this many animals, and anywhere that would take us requires declaw,
>> can't go there... i would be homeless first, Lee

>>> I don't envy you the process Lee, but please know best wishes are being
>>> sent your way. It sounds like you have thought this out well, and are
>>> fully aware of what you are getting into.
>>>
>>> Is insurance paying for your living accommodations until the house is
>>> ready to move into? (sure hope so!)
>>>
>>> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2011 6:04 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>>> I love the robo-stirrer, but...it doesn't really do thick well. It does
>>> take away all the tiresome stirring while things like pudding etc are
>>> thickening. It does work on it's own, battery operated, and just set in
>>> pan and set speed. When the mixture starts to get too thick for it, it
>>> does have a different sound so you can take over from there. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> bwha ha ha
>>
>> this is EXACTLY what i need Cheri, I know what is going on the x-mas
>> wish list! ta!
>>
>> (Amazon? i've never seen or heard of this before)
>>
>> kate (hates the time until right before thickening.......... how do
>> you think Mom used to make gravy........ yup, i did all that "stir
>> constantly" LOL)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZKGcbZ4etQ
>
> It demonstrates on YouTube. I bought mine at Walgreen's for I believe it
> was 9.99 in the As Seen On TV section. Also saw them at Rite-Aid and
> CVS. You can order from Amazon or the Robo-Stir site, but then you have
> the postage and the outrageous handling.
>
> Cheri

ta, saved & filed......... now to find someone in the USA close to the
main site and yada yada yada

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2011 7:37 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> that is what makes them so wonderful they damage nothing, as long as you
> don't have clutter stacked around and its just furniture it works great,
> trusst me, and its really great if you have the one i had... it had a remote
> control so it would go under furniture at the dh's direction when i asked
> him to do that... and man what a great cat toy... my dh was very upset one
> day just after getting ours, five cats sitting in a row in china cat
> position watching it go back and forth all heads moving like watching a
> tennis match... and the camera was on the shelf behind where the cats were,
> Lee

bwha ha ha ha

love it

friend of mine has a U shaped bungalow with central courtyard inside the U

the roomba copes with the ENTIRE house, with one small
adjustment........... the dining room chairs must be elevated to stop
confusing the Roomba

the roomba does magnificently for them (small touch ups needed depending
on your tolerance level)

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

one of the things i figured out was that since we are having all vynle
floors a big vaccum isn't required, i was going to do the whole house vac,
but after careful consideration i decided a roomba and a dust mop for the
touch ups/when company was coming would be better... we have a small hand
vac for dry spills, Lee
"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 9/22/2011 7:37 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> that is what makes them so wonderful they damage nothing, as long as you
>> don't have clutter stacked around and its just furniture it works great,
>> trusst me, and its really great if you have the one i had... it had a
>> remote
>> control so it would go under furniture at the dh's direction when i asked
>> him to do that... and man what a great cat toy... my dh was very upset
>> one
>> day just after getting ours, five cats sitting in a row in china cat
>> position watching it go back and forth all heads moving like watching a
>> tennis match... and the camera was on the shelf behind where the cats
>> were,
>> Lee

> bwha ha ha ha
>
> love it
>
> friend of mine has a U shaped bungalow with central courtyard inside the U
>
> the roomba copes with the ENTIRE house, with one small
> adjustment........... the dining room chairs must be elevated to stop
> confusing the Roomba
>
> the roomba does magnificently for them (small touch ups needed depending
> on your tolerance level)
>
> kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee > wrote:
: that was my first thought, i think if made as dry as possible that might
: work... i was also thinking maybe sliced parsnips or rutabegas, could fry
: and might be more like potatoes... Lee
Parsnips might taste gook, but are amlonst as carby as the potato. Make
sure you whap up that cauliflower in nthe food processor if you want it
like potatoes, as it is hard to chop it fine enough by hand. I might
sugest a stick blender, but not to you, after your recent comments:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee > wrote:
: mine just moved the cat toys, clutter makes it hard, Lee
: "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: ...
: >
: > "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
: > ...
[...]

How do you vacuum with all that clutter?

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles > wrote:
: On 9/22/2011 9:30 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
: > *evil grin* maybe i could do a commercial if i could make it with that
: > flour, lol, Lee
: >>>> a VERY fine sieve for SLOWLY adding the flour/water mix to the boiling
: >>>> broth and whisk briskly when adding the flour/water
: >>>>
: >>>> sometimes this is easier with 2 people trying this (i learned that when
: >>>> i had to hold the fine sieve and mom would slowly add the flour/water to
: >>>> the gravy)
: >>>>
: >>>> kate

: I remember my mother deliberately making lumpy gravy. The lumps were
: meat, though, not poor results from how the flour was mixed in.

: Robert Miles

That's how my thin gravy turnes out, but usually not meat, but small bits
of onionas I use a great deal , often as a bed for he meat, when I roast.
I wil be making a brisket this afternoon whichhas squashed tomatoes and
lots of onions around it as it is braised. These all go into the simepl
gravy that is just water cleanign out the pad and keeping all those very
soft, ymmy vegtables, which, along with thd fond, flavors it. I am
makiang tis traditional holiaday roast just for ME. I will be going out
for a few meals this year, but they had the meat at what is a remaekable
price for kosher brisket at this time of year, so I decided to make it,
have it tonight and them freeze it in slices for use over the next few
weeks of holidays.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol, that would be the dh job... i think i must have confused the ruta's
with turnips, i was thinking one of those guys had significant less carbs,
Lee
"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Storrmmee > wrote:
> : that was my first thought, i think if made as dry as possible that might
> : work... i was also thinking maybe sliced parsnips or rutabegas, could
> fry
> : and might be more like potatoes... Lee
> Parsnips might taste gook, but are amlonst as carby as the potato. Make
> sure you whap up that cauliflower in nthe food processor if you want it
> like potatoes, as it is hard to chop it fine enough by hand. I might
> sugest a stick blender, but not to you, after your recent comments:-)
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

what a good idea, Lee
"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Robert Miles > wrote:
> : On 9/22/2011 9:30 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> : > *evil grin* maybe i could do a commercial if i could make it with
> that
> : > flour, lol, Lee
> : >>>> a VERY fine sieve for SLOWLY adding the flour/water mix to the
> boiling
> : >>>> broth and whisk briskly when adding the flour/water
> : >>>>
> : >>>> sometimes this is easier with 2 people trying this (i learned that
> when
> : >>>> i had to hold the fine sieve and mom would slowly add the
> flour/water to
> : >>>> the gravy)
> : >>>>
> : >>>> kate
>
> : I remember my mother deliberately making lumpy gravy. The lumps were
> : meat, though, not poor results from how the flour was mixed in.
>
> : Robert Miles
>
> That's how my thin gravy turnes out, but usually not meat, but small bits
> of onionas I use a great deal , often as a bed for he meat, when I roast.
> I wil be making a brisket this afternoon whichhas squashed tomatoes and
> lots of onions around it as it is braised. These all go into the simepl
> gravy that is just water cleanign out the pad and keeping all those very
> soft, ymmy vegtables, which, along with thd fond, flavors it. I am
> makiang tis traditional holiaday roast just for ME. I will be going out
> for a few meals this year, but they had the meat at what is a remaekable
> price for kosher brisket at this time of year, so I decided to make it,
> have it tonight and them freeze it in slices for use over the next few
> weeks of holidays.
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Storrmmee > wrote:
> : mine just moved the cat toys, clutter makes it hard, Lee
> : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : >
> : > "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >> that is what makes them so wonderful they damage nothing, as long as
> you
> : >> don't have clutter stacked around and its just furniture it works
> great,
> : >> trusst me, and its really great if you have the one i had... it had a
> : >> remote control so it would go under furniture at the dh's direction
> when
> : >> i asked him to do that... and man what a great cat toy... my dh was
> very
> : >> upset one day just after getting ours, five cats sitting in a row in
> : >> china cat position watching it go back and forth all heads moving
> like
> : >> watching a tennis match... and the camera was on the shelf behind
> where
> : >> the cats were,
> : >
> : > We have clutter and cat toys. Currently the living room is cluttered
> with
> : > hundreds of mismatched socks. The cats are loving that! Angela
> collects
> : > socks. Which is fine but she has this odd habit of pulling one off.
> So
> : > one sock goes into the hamper and then I'll find the other one in some
> : > really odd place some time later. So it can take a good long time
> before
> : > the two socks ever mate up again.
>
> How do you vacuum with all that clutter?

Well the socks aren't normally there. If the cat toys are small you just
push them around as you go. If large they have to be moved.