Old 25-09-2011, 10:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Thanksgiving dinner

wife likes her foods to mix..I am very ocd about it..lol..I hate for my
cranberry to touch my other foods on the plate and wouldnt mix them..even
on a sandwich

whenever I got lamb with mint jelly I would spread it on a buttered roll and
eat it that way..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

While I like pickle I would be having turkey on rye with alfalfa sprouts
and cranberry sauce On one slice and eaten daintily with a knife and
fork A favourite open sandwich at Xmas time for me (if there is left
over pork) is the pork on rye with a little mint jelly and applesauce.

"KROM" wrote in message
mmm..turkey on rye with a kosher pickle....

yum!

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote in message ...

KROM wrote:
: processed turkey is my least favorite..I don?t even think of it as
turkey.

: I had a turkey sandwich at the state fair this year that was very good
but
: it was real shaved turkey and not that weird stuff a get when ya buy
"sliced
: turkey" in the lunchmeat isle

: KROM

We have a few restaaurants in our area(coffee shop/diners) that roast
several fresh turkeys a day and use them for sandwiches or a plate with
teh sandwich amount on a bed of lettuce for diabetics and dieters. Just
wonderful!

Even one Kosher place.

Wendy

Old 25-09-2011, 10:54 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

when I was a kid I would steal a finger full of raw meatloaf meat from the
mixing bowl like it was frosting..

I would get yelled at..then we went to a fancy restaurant for a family
reunion and I ordered steak tar tar and toast points...my mother just glared
at me the entire meal...

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

I could be the whole couple I have preferences but I will eat pretty
much any part of an animal. But I do prefer my animals dead. I find it
weird that some people will throw a steak on a grill and quickly turn it
over then eat but if you offer them a raw steak on a plate they are
disgusted and talk of food poisoning etc, lol.

"KROM" wrote in message
my wife and I are a total "jack sprat" couple..she hates dark meat..I love
it..she hates fat ..I love it.

she likes her meat shy of burnt..I like mine still mooing or clucking..

so when i cook a turkey she eats the breast and I eat the rest..lol.

my favorite part of a bird is the parsons nose since its mostly fat..she
thinks I'm gross..lol

I also eat the fat off her pork chops and steaks..she only likes the
center and nothing near the bone so I get those bits..the best bits btw!

:-D

KROM

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message ...

On 9/23/2011 2:52 PM, KROM wrote:
I will take turkey most anyway its prepared..lol

KROM

I get the Leg!

kate (ya, i know we are told to eat just the white meat......... never
did like that near as much as the leg/thigh)

Old 25-09-2011, 10:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol..funny!

KROM

"BjørnSteensrud" wrote in message
news
KROM wrote:

mmm..turkey on rye with a kosher pickle....

yum!

KROM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwSt-tvsWMs

:-)

Old 26-09-2011, 01:20 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Ozgirl wrote:
: While I like pickle I would be having turkey on rye with alfalfa
sprouts
: and cranberry sauce On one slice and eaten daintily with a knife
and
: fork A favourite open sandwich at Xmas time for me (if there is
left
: over pork) is the pork on rye with a little mint jelly and
applesauce.

: "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
: mmm..turkey on rye with a kosher pickle....
:
For me it is tturkey on rye with coleslaw right on the sandwich.
Pickle
on the side:-)

Wendy

I've always had coleslaw on a sandwich if having both. I didn't realise
there was another way, lol.

Old 26-09-2011, 01:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Hahahha, what a rebel! I have had raw meat dishes when dining with
Lebanese families at their houses. Can't remember the name of the dish
but its raw minced lamb with lots of spices and herbs. I test any
meatloaf/meatball mix before cooking to make sure it tastes right. But I
can't sit down to a raw steak.

Old 26-09-2011, 08:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I ordered a pulled pork sandwich when I was in Memphis and it had slaw on
it..I was not pleased..lol

my entire life slaw is a side dish and my ocd doesnt like my foods to
touch..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote ...