Old 23-09-2011, 05:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Menu for diarrhea?

On 9/20/2011 8:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
[snip]
So what do you eat when you have diarrhea? Assuming you normally eat low
carb .

Thanks!

I've had alternating diarrhea and constipation, and found that for
that combination, increasing the fiber in the diet is best.

I've used Metamucil powder (made from psyllium) and also Citrucel
powder (made from oranges). Found in pharmacies, over the counter.

I usually keep some high-fiber rye crackers handy for times when
I run short of those. I prefer Ry Krisp brand, but Wasa brand
also works.

With Angela's allergies, she probably won't be able to use all
of these.

Old 23-09-2011, 05:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/20/2011 8:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
[snip]
Her Endo. is not in on Tuesdays. Apparently he is there early in the
morning for some kind of appointment but then he leaves. I don't know if he
does surgery or what but he does not answer calls today. So I didn't bother
trying to call to see if this stomach stuff could be from the Metformin.
But the family practitioner she saw didn't seem to think so. Her

Sounds much like the stomach problems that, combined with frequent
coughing, led to me not using metformin any more.

Old 23-09-2011, 07:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" wrote in message
.com...
On 9/20/2011 8:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
[snip]
So what do you eat when you have diarrhea? Assuming you normally eat low
carb .

Thanks!

I've had alternating diarrhea and constipation, and found that for
that combination, increasing the fiber in the diet is best.

I've used Metamucil powder (made from psyllium) and also Citrucel
powder (made from oranges). Found in pharmacies, over the counter.

I usually keep some high-fiber rye crackers handy for times when
I run short of those. I prefer Ry Krisp brand, but Wasa brand
also works.

With Angela's allergies, she probably won't be able to use all
of these.

I don't think Metamucil is recommended for anyone.

Old 23-09-2011, 07:35 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" wrote in message
.com...
On 9/20/2011 8:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
[snip]
Her Endo. is not in on Tuesdays. Apparently he is there early in the
morning for some kind of appointment but then he leaves. I don't know if
he
does surgery or what but he does not answer calls today. So I didn't
bother
trying to call to see if this stomach stuff could be from the Metformin.
But the family practitioner she saw didn't seem to think so. Her

Sounds much like the stomach problems that, combined with frequent
coughing, led to me not using metformin any more.

Coughing from Metformin?

Old 23-09-2011, 06:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Robert Miles" wrote in message
: .com...
: On 9/20/2011 8:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
: [snip]
: So what do you eat when you have diarrhea? Assuming you normally eat low
: carb .
:
: Thanks!
:
: I've had alternating diarrhea and constipation, and found that for
: that combination, increasing the fiber in the diet is best.
:
: I've used Metamucil powder (made from psyllium) and also Citrucel
: powder (made from oranges). Found in pharmacies, over the counter.
:
: I usually keep some high-fiber rye crackers handy for times when
: I run short of those. I prefer Ry Krisp brand, but Wasa brand
: also works.
:
: With Angela's allergies, she probably won't be able to use all
: of these.

: I don't think Metamucil is recommended for anyone.
I discussed this with my endo once, as someone has mentined that taking
metamucil or similar fiber stuff actually heped people with both
constipation and the "dire rear." He said he couldn't explain why, but
that it worked. I don't know if someone should start it in the midst of a
bout, but that might be OK. I would ask her doc.

Wendy

Old 24-09-2011, 12:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:17:21 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

I have had good luck with citrucel for alternating problems, but
cooked peeled and sliced apple, which I microwave till it is tender
works wonders too.

Evelyn
Old 24-09-2011, 01:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Wendy, when I worked in nursing home, residents with impacted faeces
actually had some diarhoea as well. They had to be manually helped with
the impact problem but Metamucil was used as well to normalise.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/10/2011 11:06 AM, chizcurlz wrote:
These are the food that we shouldn't be eating if we are having
diarrhea: 1.Dairy Products(we all know that),

we do? pray tell?? probiotic yoghurt is bad in this case?? cottage
cheese the ultimate binder is bad in this case??? please provide more
information, i could continue, but i don't think you have a reputable cite

2. Gas producing foods
like beans, broccoli, sweet potatoes, onions, cauliflower, cabbage and
peas,

gas and diarrhea aren't a good mixture are they?
but what do they have to do with causing diarrhea?

3.Alcohol, Caffeine, and Carbonated Beverages,

all relatively dependent on the cause of the diarrhea...............

4. and last but not
the least, unwashed foods or not safely prepared!

NO?!?!?!?!?!?! really???? why??? OMG, i should have been SAFELY
preparing foods? i should WASH my foods???

wow, a font of information you are! i'm stunned, and left speechless

with that, i will mute the trolls

sorry folks, i couldn't resist