Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Good visit to the low carb store!

We have a store that sells low carb and gluten free stuff. We actually
found some thing that are both! They had a lot more products than they've
had in the past. I even got some Coleslaw dressing that I can eat. We'll
see how that goes. It's Walden Farms. I either seem to love or hate their
stuff. They even had rice cereal treats that are low carb, gluten free and
have no sugar alcohols. And they had shelf stable shiratake noodles. I
bought some but they do look really yucky. They had some others that were
refrigerated and looked better but they were made of tofu.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:37:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> And they had shelf stable
> shiratake noodles. I bought some but they do look really yucky. They
> had some others that were refrigerated and looked better but they were
> made of tofu.

I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
completely for better sauce adherence.

basilisk

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> We have a store that sells low carb and gluten free stuff. We actually
> found some thing that are both! They had a lot more products than they've
> had in the past. I even got some Coleslaw dressing that I can eat. We'll
> see how that goes. It's Walden Farms. I either seem to love or hate their
> stuff. They even had rice cereal treats that are low carb, gluten free and
> have no sugar alcohols. And they had shelf stable shiratake noodles. I
> bought some but they do look really yucky. They had some others that were
> refrigerated and looked better but they were made of tofu.

so you have a store that caters to you and DDs peculiar food needs yet you
wasted space here asking what to do?

and there are actually people here who think I'm the troll
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"basilisk" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:37:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> And they had shelf stable
>> shiratake noodles. I bought some but they do look really yucky. They
>> had some others that were refrigerated and looked better but they were
>> made of tofu.

> I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
> in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
> completely for better sauce adherence.

But tofu is made of soy and we can't have soy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "basilisk" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:37:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> And they had shelf stable
>>> shiratake noodles. I bought some but they do look really yucky.
>>> They
>>> had some others that were refrigerated and looked better but they
>>> were
>>> made of tofu.

>> I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
>> in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
>> completely for better sauce adherence.

> But tofu is made of soy and we can't have soy.

It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
>>> in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
>>> completely for better sauce adherence.

>> But tofu is made of soy and we can't have soy.

> It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

Yeah but we can't have the butter either.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:05:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> But tofu is made of soy and we can't have soy.

>> It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

>Yeah but we can't have the butter either.

So use a tiny bit of oil instead.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> >Yeah but we can't have the butter either.
> >

> So use a tiny bit of oil instead.

too much trouble for her
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:05:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

>>Yeah but we can't have the butter either.
>>

> So use a tiny bit of oil instead.

Okay.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:43:34 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
>> >Yeah but we can't have the butter either.
>> >

>> So use a tiny bit of oil instead.

>too much trouble for her

Look, I admit that I have gone a round or two with Julie a few times.
Mainly my complaints had to do with her shooting down every good
thing, every kind of food as "disgusting"...

BUT she is a nice person, and she tries very hard in the face of a lot
of challenges. You are only making a pain in the ass of yourself.
Leave her alone.

She doesn't mess with me, and if she does, she knows that I will
respond in kind. This wasn't your place to comment, and it wasn't a
helpful comment to begin with.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Susan > wrote:

> I can't imagine that Malcolm will bother posting here once each and
> every one of us ignores him 100%.
>
> Susan

what an incredible lack of imagination
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> BUT she is a nice person, and she tries very hard in the face of a lot
> of challenges. You are only making a pain in the ass of yourself.
> Leave her alone.

Those challenges seem to make her happy and justify her OT posts that she
doesn't think OT.

> She doesn't mess with me, and if she does, she knows that I will
> respond in kind. This wasn't your place to comment, and it wasn't a
> helpful comment to begin with.

It's a free world and my comment was perfectly accurate...you think that someone
her age couldn't have figured out a replacement for butter?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 15:54:53 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
>> BUT she is a nice person, and she tries very hard in the face of a lot
>> of challenges. You are only making a pain in the ass of yourself.
>> Leave her alone.

>Those challenges seem to make her happy and justify her OT posts that she
>doesn't think OT.
>

>> She doesn't mess with me, and if she does, she knows that I will
>> respond in kind. This wasn't your place to comment, and it wasn't a
>> helpful comment to begin with.

>It's a free world and my comment was perfectly accurate...you think that someone
>her age couldn't have figured out a replacement for butter?

Maybe she just wanted a suggestion. So what? You expect every
person to answer and post just the way you would? Let people live
and be who they are.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> Maybe she just wanted a suggestion. So what? You expect every
> person to answer and post just the way you would? Let people live
> and be who they are.
>
> Evelyn

like you are doing with me?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 23:14:37 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>

>> Maybe she just wanted a suggestion. So what? You expect every
>> person to answer and post just the way you would? Let people live
>> and be who they are.
>>
>> Evelyn

>like you are doing with me?

I am reminding you that all sorts of people post on usenet. Some are
brilliant, some are stupid. Some are thoughtful and some are
ignorant. Imagining that everybody should post the way you like them
to is an Illusionary situation that can never be. Of course if you
are capable of it, you will see the wisdom in my words. If not, then
you will just end up in a lot of people's killfiles.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 23:14:37 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Evelyn > wrote:
> >

> >> Maybe she just wanted a suggestion. So what? You expect every
> >> person to answer and post just the way you would? Let people live
> >> and be who they are.
> >>
> >> Evelyn

> >like you are doing with me?

> I am reminding you that all sorts of people post on usenet. Some are
> brilliant, some are stupid. Some are thoughtful and some are
> ignorant. Imagining that everybody should post the way you like them
> to is an Illusionary situation that can never be. Of course if you
> are capable of it, you will see the wisdom in my words. If not, then
> you will just end up in a lot of people's killfiles.
>
> Evelyn

I'm perfectly aware of the personality types that inhabit these groups. I'm also
aware that when you offer help, are ignored and then called out as if you are
some sort of freak, that this is a cry for a spanking. Julie deserves a spanking
for what she is doing to her daughter
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/27/2011 1:05 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message

> From: "Julie >
> Newsgroups: alt.food.diabetic
> Subject: Good visit to the low carb store!
> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:05:12 -0700

> > wrote in message

>>> But tofu is made of soy and we can't have soy.

>> It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

> Yeah but we can't have the butter either.

What about any other type of fat? Preferably a solid
fat, but you could try an oil if necessary.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 8/27/2011 1:05 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>> From: "Julie >
>> Newsgroups: alt.food.diabetic
>> Subject: Good visit to the low carb store!
>> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:05:12 -0700

>> > wrote in message

>>> It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

>> Yeah but we can't have the butter either.

> What about any other type of fat? Preferably a solid
> fat, but you could try an oil if necessary.

Dunno. We haven't tried them. And frankly they look so nasty I don't know
that we will.

Member

Low carb diet is the best way to lose weight and I need some recipes of some low carb dishes. This is a very nice post.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilisk View Post
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:37:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

And they had shelf stable
shiratake noodles. I bought some but they do look really yucky. They
had some others that were refrigerated and looked better but they were
made of tofu.

I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
completely for better sauce adherence.

basilisk

That's a tip that I really want to try! Thanks Basilisk!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Morris123" > wrote in message

> Low carb diet is the best way to lose weight and I need some recipes of
> some low carb dishes. This is a very nice post.
>

> --
> Morris123

There are lots of great recipes here.

http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/LowCar...ng-Recipes.htm