Old 28-08-2011, 10:27 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Good visit to the low carb store!

In article ,
Evelyn wrote:

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 23:14:37 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Evelyn wrote:

Maybe she just wanted a suggestion. So what? You expect every
person to answer and post just the way you would? Let people live
and be who they are.

Evelyn

like you are doing with me?

I am reminding you that all sorts of people post on usenet. Some are
brilliant, some are stupid. Some are thoughtful and some are
ignorant. Imagining that everybody should post the way you like them
to is an Illusionary situation that can never be. Of course if you
are capable of it, you will see the wisdom in my words. If not, then
you will just end up in a lot of people's killfiles.

Evelyn

I'm perfectly aware of the personality types that inhabit these groups. I'm also
aware that when you offer help, are ignored and then called out as if you are
some sort of freak, that this is a cry for a spanking. Julie deserves a spanking
for what she is doing to her daughter

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/27/2011 1:05 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message

"Julie wrote in message

From: "Julie
Newsgroups: alt.food.diabetic
Subject: Good visit to the low carb store!
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:05:12 -0700

wrote in message

"Julie wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:37:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

And they had shelf stable
shiratake noodles. I bought some but they do look really yucky. They
had some others that were refrigerated and looked better but they were
made of tofu.

I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
completely for better sauce adherence.

But tofu is made of soy and we can't have soy.

It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

Yeah but we can't have the butter either.

What about any other type of fat? Preferably a solid
fat, but you could try an oil if necessary.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

.com...
wrote in message

"Julie wrote in message

From: "Julie
Newsgroups: alt.food.diabetic
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:05:12 -0700

wrote in message

"Julie wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:37:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

And they had shelf stable
shiratake noodles. I bought some but they do look really yucky. They
had some others that were refrigerated and looked better but they
were
made of tofu.

I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
completely for better sauce adherence.

But tofu is made of soy and we can't have soy.

It should still work for the non soy shiritake.

Yeah but we can't have the butter either.

What about any other type of fat? Preferably a solid
fat, but you could try an oil if necessary.

Dunno. We haven't tried them. And frankly they look so nasty I don't know
that we will.

Old 21-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Member

Low carb diet is the best way to lose weight and I need some recipes of some low carb dishes. This is a very nice post.
Old 21-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilisk View Post
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:37:24 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

And they had shelf stable
shiratake noodles. I bought some but they do look really yucky. They
had some others that were refrigerated and looked better but they were
made of tofu.

I use the tofu shiratake and have found that sauteing them lightly
in butter "fixes" the texture for me and it dries the noodles
completely for better sauce adherence.

basilisk

That's a tip that I really want to try! Thanks Basilisk!

Old 21-09-2011, 05:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

--
Morris123

There are lots of great recipes here.

http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/LowCar...ng-Recipes.htm