Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Angela ate veggies and liked them.

We went out to eat tonight. It was another frustrating day. The contractor
was supposed to show up (once again) to do the driveway and put in a new
toilet for us. But once again he didn't. He says he will be here tomorrow.
Oh joy!

I had some errands that I needed to run. I was going to do this stuff
tomorrow but since we will be sitting at home waiting, I decided to do them
today. So I just decided we should go out to eat. Which was a good thing
because by the time we got Angela registered for dance and donated things to
the food bank it was late! We had a case of apple juice in cute little
apple shaped bottles and another case of baked beans. Since Angela can't
have those any more, we decided to donate them. I figured I could work
single cans or packages of things into our diet but we'd never be able to
eat that whole case of beans given their carb count. Must go through the
cupboards and look for more things but want to get the toilet and driveway
taken care of first.

Anyway... She chose a veggie omelet for dinner. I never would have thought
she would chose that. It had broccoli, onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms
and spinach in there. And she ate it all with no complaints. Even said she
didn't mind the mushrooms and the tomatoes were okay with cheese on them.
Normally when it comes to tomatoes she acts like my dad does when
encountering an unfamiliar spice. As in picking through it with her fork,
being careful to get every last bit out and wishing she had tweezers. But I
saw her put them in her mouth and she ATE them!

I've never really liked mushrooms. I can eat them in things and they don't
really bother me but I would never go out of my way for them. I could never
understand those people who love stuffed mushrooms. Just not my style.

So I think her tastes are changing. We also found a big can of individually
wrapped beef jerky sticks at the grocery store that don't contain wheat.
And a container of cooked, shredded chicken. They will be carrying it from
now on in the bagged salad section. Angela loves shredded chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

what great news, to answer your questions about the mushrooms, they are low
calorie and pick up the flavor of what they are stuffed with, easy to pick
up as in if they are stuffed and cooked correctly not sticky... i love most
mushrooms because of these two factors... alas, eat to many and the migraine
fairy visits me, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> We went out to eat tonight. It was another frustrating day. The
> contractor was supposed to show up (once again) to do the driveway and put
> in a new toilet for us. But once again he didn't. He says he will be
> here tomorrow. Oh joy!
>
> I had some errands that I needed to run. I was going to do this stuff
> tomorrow but since we will be sitting at home waiting, I decided to do
> them today. So I just decided we should go out to eat. Which was a good
> thing because by the time we got Angela registered for dance and donated
> things to the food bank it was late! We had a case of apple juice in cute
> little apple shaped bottles and another case of baked beans. Since Angela
> can't have those any more, we decided to donate them. I figured I could
> work single cans or packages of things into our diet but we'd never be
> able to eat that whole case of beans given their carb count. Must go
> through the cupboards and look for more things but want to get the toilet
> and driveway taken care of first.
>
> Anyway... She chose a veggie omelet for dinner. I never would have
> thought she would chose that. It had broccoli, onions, peppers, tomatoes,
> mushrooms and spinach in there. And she ate it all with no complaints.
> Even said she didn't mind the mushrooms and the tomatoes were okay with
> cheese on them. Normally when it comes to tomatoes she acts like my dad
> does when encountering an unfamiliar spice. As in picking through it with
> her fork, being careful to get every last bit out and wishing she had
> tweezers. But I saw her put them in her mouth and she ATE them!
>
> I've never really liked mushrooms. I can eat them in things and they
> don't really bother me but I would never go out of my way for them. I
> could never understand those people who love stuffed mushrooms. Just not
> my style.
>
> So I think her tastes are changing. We also found a big can of
> individually wrapped beef jerky sticks at the grocery store that don't
> contain wheat. And a container of cooked, shredded chicken. They will be
> carrying it from now on in the bagged salad section. Angela loves
> shredded chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> what great news, to answer your questions about the mushrooms, they are
> low calorie and pick up the flavor of what they are stuffed with, easy to
> pick up as in if they are stuffed and cooked correctly not sticky... i
> love most mushrooms because of these two factors... alas, eat to many and
> the migraine fairy visits me, Lee

I just find if they are raw they have no taste. And if they are cooked they
can get slimy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i admit, cooking stuffed mushrooms properly, to me is a very learned skill,
my grandmother had the best way to me, she used a bit larger mushroom,
removed stems, sprayed with oil or wiped with butter, broiled to set then
stuff and return to broiler, quick is the point, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> what great news, to answer your questions about the mushrooms, they are
>> low calorie and pick up the flavor of what they are stuffed with, easy to
>> pick up as in if they are stuffed and cooked correctly not sticky... i
>> love most mushrooms because of these two factors... alas, eat to many and
>> the migraine fairy visits me, Lee

> I just find if they are raw they have no taste. And if they are cooked
> they can get slimy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:47:37 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>i admit, cooking stuffed mushrooms properly, to me is a very learned skill,
>my grandmother had the best way to me, she used a bit larger mushroom,
>removed stems, sprayed with oil or wiped with butter, broiled to set then
>stuff and return to broiler, quick is the point, Lee
>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> what great news, to answer your questions about the mushrooms, they are
>>> low calorie and pick up the flavor of what they are stuffed with, easy to
>>> pick up as in if they are stuffed and cooked correctly not sticky... i
>>> love most mushrooms because of these two factors... alas, eat to many and
>>> the migraine fairy visits me, Lee

>> I just find if they are raw they have no taste. And if they are cooked
>> they can get slimy.

I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed...... the
flavor and the texture are wonderful, as far as I am concerned.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed...... the
> flavor and the texture are wonderful, as far as I am concerned.
>
> Evelyn

Me too.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> I figured I could work
> single cans or packages of things into our diet but we'd never be able to
> eat that whole case of beans given their carb count.

what are your carb goals?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:47:37 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>i admit, cooking stuffed mushrooms properly, to me is a very learned
>>skill,
>>my grandmother had the best way to me, she used a bit larger mushroom,
>>removed stems, sprayed with oil or wiped with butter, broiled to set
>>then
>>stuff and return to broiler, quick is the point, Lee

>>> I just find if they are raw they have no taste. And if they are
>>> cooked
>>> they can get slimy.

> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed...... the

I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned
ones in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I just
love them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in things like
ranch, hommus, salsa etc.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:47:37 -0500, "Storrmmee"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>i admit, cooking stuffed mushrooms properly, to me is a very learned
>>>skill,
>>>my grandmother had the best way to me, she used a bit larger mushroom,
>>>removed stems, sprayed with oil or wiped with butter, broiled to set then
>>>stuff and return to broiler, quick is the point, Lee

>> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed...... the

> I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned ones
> in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I just love
> them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in things like ranch,
> hommus, salsa etc.

I don't think I ever had mushrooms as a child. We did have tuna casserole
with cream of miushroom soup. My brother would eat that but I don't think
he knew there were mushrooms in it. He hates mushrooms.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
<snip>

> Anyway... She chose a veggie omelet for dinner. I never would have
> thought she would chose that. It had broccoli, onions, peppers,
> tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach in there. And she ate it all with no
> complaints. Even said she didn't mind the mushrooms and the tomatoes
> were okay with cheese on them. Normally when it comes to tomatoes she
> acts like my dad does when encountering an unfamiliar spice. As in
> picking through it with her fork, being careful to get every last bit
> out and wishing she had tweezers. But I saw her put them in her
> mouth and she ATE them!

Hallelujah!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:47:37 -0500, "Storrmmee"

>>> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed......
>>> the

>> I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned
>> ones in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I
>> just love them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in
>> things like ranch, hommus, salsa etc.

> I don't think I ever had mushrooms as a child. We did have tuna
> casserole with cream of miushroom soup. My brother would eat that but
> I don't think he knew there were mushrooms in it. He hates mushrooms.

I do remember mushroom soup being used in chicken dishes. As a young
married woman lots of recipes had mushroom soup in them Evil, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: ...
: >
: > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: >>> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed......
: >>> the
: >>
: >> I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned
: >> ones in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I
: >> just love them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in
: >> things like ranch, hommus, salsa etc.
: >
: > I don't think I ever had mushrooms as a child. We did have tuna
: > casserole with cream of miushroom soup. My brother would eat that but
: > I don't think he knew there were mushrooms in it. He hates mushrooms.

: I do remember mushroom soup being used in chicken dishes. As a young
: married woman lots of recipes had mushroom soup in them Evil, lol.

Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds of
dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of as
fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup chicken
adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others liek
this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went out
of fashion.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : >
> : > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> : >>> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed......
> : >>> the
> : >>
> : >> I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned
> : >> ones in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I
> : >> just love them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in
> : >> things like ranch, hommus, salsa etc.
> : >
> : > I don't think I ever had mushrooms as a child. We did have tuna
> : > casserole with cream of miushroom soup. My brother would eat that but
> : > I don't think he knew there were mushrooms in it. He hates mushrooms.
>
> : I do remember mushroom soup being used in chicken dishes. As a young
> : married woman lots of recipes had mushroom soup in them Evil, lol.
>
> Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds of
> dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of as
> fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup chicken
> adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others liek
> this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
> they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
> chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went out
> of fashion.

I don't know about that! I still see a lot of recipes using it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: > : I do remember mushroom soup being used in chicken dishes. As a young
: > : married woman lots of recipes had mushroom soup in them Evil, lol.
: >
: > Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds of
: > dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of as
: > fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup chicken
: > adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others liek
: > this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
: > they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
: > chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went out
: > of fashion.

: I don't know about that! I still see a lot of recipes using it.
Yes there are plenty of cookbooks tht actually recylce the old recipies
and ave not picke up on the more modern was of cooking,

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I miss eating ground beef and onions mixed with cream of mushroom soup over
rice or noodles..simple dish yet so yummy!

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote
Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds of
dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of as
fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup chicken
adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others liek
this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went out
of fashion.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> woder if the powdered dry would work for her? I think it was julie that
> did this and liked it for something, Lee

Yes. I put the dry ones in the Magic Bullet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I LOVE shrooms!
>
> wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she says
> they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

Nothing worse than a squeaking mushroom, unless it's a screaming mushroom.
;-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee > wrote:
: woder if the powdered dry would work for her? I think it was julie that did
: this and liked it for something, Lee

Actually, reconstituted dried mushrooms don't give that squeek, slide
sensation. You might try some. Lookd for the little packages of pPolish
dried mushrooms. You might find them in stores tthat cater to tradiional
jewish cooks.

Wendy

: "KROM" > wrote in message ...
: >I LOVE shrooms!
: >
: > wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she says
: > they "squeak" when she bites them..lol
: >
: > she will pick out the tiniest bit she finds.
: >
: > KROM
: >
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "W. Baker" >
wrote:

> Storrmmee > wrote:
> : woder if the powdered dry would work for her? I think it was julie that
> : did
> : this and liked it for something, Lee
>
> Actually, reconstituted dried mushrooms don't give that squeek, slide
> sensation. You might try some. Lookd for the little packages of pPolish
> dried mushrooms. You might find them in stores tthat cater to tradiional
> jewish cooks.

Julie will just complain that reconstituted mushrooms are slimy or you have to
deal with that difficult stem
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I LOVE shrooms!
>
> wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she
> says they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

They actually do squeak, lol.

> she will pick out the tiniest bit she finds.

Tweezers? One of my sons used tweezers once.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I miss eating ground beef and onions mixed with cream of mushroom soup
> over rice or noodles..simple dish yet so yummy!
>
> KROM
>

> "W. Baker" wrote
> Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds
> of
> dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of
> as
> fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup
> chicken
> adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others
> liek
> this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
> they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
> chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went
> out
> of fashion.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
: Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

: "KROM" > wrote in message
: ...
[...]
That's what I mean- bad imitaion of ceam sauce that is quick and requires
no skill, but also results in n great dish.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
> : Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
> : Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.
>
> : "KROM" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > I miss eating ground beef and onions mixed with cream of mushroom
> soup
> : > over rice or noodles..simple dish yet so yummy!
> : >
> : > KROM
> : >
> : >
> : > "W. Baker" wrote
> : > Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all
> kinds
> : > of
> : > dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought
> of
> : > as
> : > fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup
> : > chicken
> : > adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of
> others
> : > liek
> : > this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and
> 70's
> : > they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp
> cassarole,
> : > chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it
> went
> : > out
> : > of fashion.
> That's what I mean- bad imitaion of ceam sauce that is quick and
> requires
> no skill, but also results in n great dish.

Krom's meal sounds delicious IMO

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make Beef
> Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

Oh ugh. That is one dish I just can not stomach. My husband's grandma said
it was his favorite but I don't know about that. He has never asked for it
at home or gotten it at a restaurant.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 27/08/2011 8:17 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> I LOVE shrooms!
>>
>> wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she
>> says they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

> Nothing worse than a squeaking mushroom, unless it's a screaming
> mushroom. ;-)
>
> Cheri

Are these magic mushrooms ? :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

gah my screen!..my nose!..owie!..lol

<sends Cheri bill for keyboard and monitor>

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I LOVE shrooms!
>
> wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she says
> they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

Nothing worse than a squeaking mushroom, unless it's a screaming mushroom.
;-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

as long as she doesnt get the texture she's ok..so I have to make sure its
well mixed with something

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I LOVE shrooms!
>
> wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she says
> they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

They actually do squeak, lol.

> she will pick out the tiniest bit she finds.

Tweezers? One of my sons used tweezers once.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

it really is...lol..and so simple!

I might make this and serve over quinoa..hmmm...

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote
Krom's meal sounds delicious IMO
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> it really is...lol..and so simple!
>
> I might make this and serve over quinoa..hmmm...

The possibilities are endless Would make a nice pie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/25/2011 5:44 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:47:37 -0500, "Storrmmee"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> i admit, cooking stuffed mushrooms properly, to me is a very learned
>>> skill,
>>> my grandmother had the best way to me, she used a bit larger mushroom,
>>> removed stems, sprayed with oil or wiped with butter, broiled to set
>>> then
>>> stuff and return to broiler, quick is the point, Lee

>> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed...... the

> I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned
> ones in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I just
> love them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in things like
> ranch, hommus, salsa etc.

only use canned mushrooms in s'ghetti sauce as if you use fresh ones,
they turn out like the canned ones do

having said that, a few years back all the mushrooms started to be "Made
in China" and, well, i won't buy it

now i use fresh, locally grown mushrooms in the s'ghetti sauce

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
<snip>

> only use canned mushrooms in s'ghetti sauce as if you use fresh ones,
> they turn out like the canned ones do

Not, IMHO, if you cook them properly. I always sautee them in olive oil and
a little butter over fairly high heat. First the mushrooms will release
their liquid, then it will evaporate and they will brown nicely. Mushrooms
cooked that way are completely different from mushrooms that are just put
into dishes raw, which have a texture that to me is distinctly off-putting.
Like canned mushrooms. Yuck. But to each his own.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/29/2011 1:29 PM, Janet wrote:
> Tiger Lily wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> only use canned mushrooms in s'ghetti sauce as if you use fresh ones,
>> they turn out like the canned ones do

> Not, IMHO, if you cook them properly. I always sautee them in olive oil and
> a little butter over fairly high heat. First the mushrooms will release
> their liquid, then it will evaporate and they will brown nicely. Mushrooms
> cooked that way are completely different from mushrooms that are just put
> into dishes raw, which have a texture that to me is distinctly off-putting.
> Like canned mushrooms. Yuck. But to each his own.

ohhhhhhhh

i didn't know about this trick. Mom always just tossed the mushrooms
into the sauce (the mushroom farm was 'right there' and we could buy
mushrooms cheaply).

I have to agree on the texture issue.

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/26/2011 1:19 PM, KROM wrote:
> I miss eating ground beef and onions mixed with cream of mushroom soup
> over rice or noodles..simple dish yet so yummy!
>
> KROM
>

> "W. Baker" wrote
> Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds of
> dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of as
> fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup chicken
> adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others liek
> this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
> they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
> chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went out
> of fashion.

KROM, have you tried it with very little if any of the rice or noodles?

Robert Miles
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/26/2011 10:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make Beef
>> Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

> Oh ugh. That is one dish I just can not stomach. My husband's grandma said
> it was his favorite but I don't know about that. He has never asked for it
> at home or gotten it at a restaurant.

Could he be trying to avoid offending you, by never asking for it
in your sight?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 8/26/2011 10:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
>>> Beef
>>> Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

>> Oh ugh. That is one dish I just can not stomach. My husband's grandma
>> said
>> it was his favorite but I don't know about that. He has never asked for
>> it
>> at home or gotten it at a restaurant.

> Could he be trying to avoid offending you, by never asking for it
> in your sight?

Oh bwahahaha! You have GOT to be kidding me!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> .com...
>>>
>>> Oh ugh. That is one dish I just can not stomach. My husband's
>>> grandma said
>>> it was his favorite but I don't know about that. He has never asked
>>> for it
>>> at home or gotten it at a restaurant.

>> Could he be trying to avoid offending you, by never asking for it
>> in your sight?

> Oh bwahahaha! You have GOT to be kidding me!

lol. On the other hand he may not even know the name of it I know
plenty of men who get served up a dish at home and don't question it,
just eat it

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>> .com...

>>> Could he be trying to avoid offending you, by never asking for it
>>> in your sight?

>> Oh bwahahaha! You have GOT to be kidding me!

> lol. On the other hand he may not even know the name of it I know
> plenty of men who get served up a dish at home and don't question it, just
> eat it

I did point it out to him once when it was a special on some restaurant's
menu. He gave me a funny look for pointing it out and I reminded him that
Mamam (that's what they called her) said it was his favorite. He just got a
dumb look on his face like he didn't know what I was talking about. Now it
may well be that of the things SHE cooked it was his favorite. She did tell
me that she didn't really cook and took as many shortcuts as she could.
Like making instant mashed potatoes.