Old 26-08-2011, 10:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Angela ate veggies and liked them.

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
woder if the powdered dry would work for her? I think it was julie that
did this and liked it for something, Lee

Yes. I put the dry ones in the Magic Bullet.

Old 26-08-2011, 11:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message ...
I LOVE shrooms!

wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she says
they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

Nothing worse than a squeaking mushroom, unless it's a screaming mushroom.
;-)

Cheri

Old 26-08-2011, 11:24 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee wrote:
: woder if the powdered dry would work for her? I think it was julie that did
: this and liked it for something, Lee

Actually, reconstituted dried mushrooms don't give that squeek, slide
sensation. You might try some. Lookd for the little packages of pPolish
dried mushrooms. You might find them in stores tthat cater to tradiional
jewish cooks.

Wendy

: "KROM" wrote in message ...
: I LOVE shrooms!
:
: wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she says
: they "squeak" when she bites them..lol
:
: she will pick out the tiniest bit she finds.
:
: KROM
:
Old 27-08-2011, 12:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "W. Baker"
wrote:

Storrmmee wrote:
: woder if the powdered dry would work for her? I think it was julie that
: did
: this and liked it for something, Lee

Actually, reconstituted dried mushrooms don't give that squeek, slide
sensation. You might try some. Lookd for the little packages of pPolish
dried mushrooms. You might find them in stores tthat cater to tradiional
jewish cooks.

Julie will just complain that reconstituted mushrooms are slimy or you have to
deal with that difficult stem
Old 27-08-2011, 01:02 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message
I LOVE shrooms!

wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she
says they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

They actually do squeak, lol.

she will pick out the tiniest bit she finds.

Tweezers? One of my sons used tweezers once.

Old 27-08-2011, 01:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

"KROM" wrote in message
I miss eating ground beef and onions mixed with cream of mushroom soup
over rice or noodles..simple dish yet so yummy!

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote
Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds
of
dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of
as
fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup
chicken
adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others
liek
this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went
out
of fashion.

Old 27-08-2011, 01:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
: Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
: Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

: "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
That's what I mean- bad imitaion of ceam sauce that is quick and requires
no skill, but also results in n great dish.

Wendy
Old 27-08-2011, 02:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Ozgirl wrote:
: Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
: Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

: "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Krom's meal sounds delicious IMO

Old 27-08-2011, 04:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make Beef
Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

Oh ugh. That is one dish I just can not stomach. My husband's grandma said
it was his favorite but I don't know about that. He has never asked for it
at home or gotten it at a restaurant.

Old 27-08-2011, 09:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 27/08/2011 8:17 AM, Cheri wrote:
"KROM" wrote in message
I LOVE shrooms!

wife hates the texture but likes the flavor they add to food...she
says they "squeak" when she bites them..lol

Nothing worse than a squeaking mushroom, unless it's a screaming
mushroom. ;-)

Cheri

Are these magic mushrooms ? :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Old 27-08-2011, 09:14 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

it really is...lol..and so simple!

I might make this and serve over quinoa..hmmm...

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote
Krom's meal sounds delicious IMO
Old 28-08-2011, 12:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message
it really is...lol..and so simple!

I might make this and serve over quinoa..hmmm...

The possibilities are endless Would make a nice pie

Old 29-08-2011, 07:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/25/2011 5:44 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:47:37 -0500, "Storrmmee"
wrote:

i admit, cooking stuffed mushrooms properly, to me is a very learned
skill,
my grandmother had the best way to me, she used a bit larger mushroom,
removed stems, sprayed with oil or wiped with butter, broiled to set
then
stuff and return to broiler, quick is the point, Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
what great news, to answer your questions about the mushrooms, they
are
low calorie and pick up the flavor of what they are stuffed with,
easy to
pick up as in if they are stuffed and cooked correctly not sticky... i
love most mushrooms because of these two factors... alas, eat to
many and
the migraine fairy visits me, Lee

I just find if they are raw they have no taste. And if they are cooked
they can get slimy.

I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed...... the

I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned
ones in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I just
love them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in things like
ranch, hommus, salsa etc.

only use canned mushrooms in s'ghetti sauce as if you use fresh ones,
they turn out like the canned ones do

having said that, a few years back all the mushrooms started to be "Made
in China" and, well, i won't buy it

now i use fresh, locally grown mushrooms in the s'ghetti sauce

kate