FoodBanter.com

-   -   I just spent $100 on weird food. (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/410300-i-just-spent-100-a.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 19-08-2011 07:49 AM

I just spent $100 on weird food.

I placed an order through Netrition. I have ordered from them before but it
has been many years. They carry the Heinz 1 carb ketchup. I didn't even
know that was being made any more. Used to be able to get it in the stores
here but not any more. That's the only kind of unweird thing that I
ordered.

The rest all contains those yucky sugar alcohols. I just wish they could
make foods without that stuff. I don't know if Angela will be able to
tolerate them or not. I know I can't. Got two kinds of snack/meal
replacement bars, some candy and a bag of Hot Tamale gum for my dad.

None of this stuff will be eaten on a regular basis. The two kinds of bars
both contain dairy so she can't have them often. It's just darned hard to
find stuff she can eat that doesn't contain soy or nuts. So much of it is
loaded with either things. Actually the one banana bar does have pecans but
I am hoping she still might like it. She was eating Odwalla banana bars and
I think they had nuts of some kind. And now that I think of it the others
have cashew butter. Well... I can always hope. She did used to eat some
cashew butter bars and liked them until we got a batch that were hard as a
rock. They were not expired. They were fine if you put them in the
microwave for a few seconds but she would have none of them.