Old 09-09-2011, 01:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

Storrmmee wrote:

tail and ears make good broth, sorta the gentile's version of what

chicken
feet do, Lee

Mmmm - Brazilian feijoada, as served in Rio de Janeiro. Yum!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I've had pig ears many times when I spent my summers in Georgia...they eat
every part of the pig..us kids got the less desirable bits..lol

but they can make all parts as tasty as the rest so it was great!

I loved pig ears in gravy and cracklings and fried eggs and fatback etc.

only thing I disliked was pickled pigs feet..I like them plain or in split
pea soup..and chitlins which smell horrible in the prep for obvious reasons
and usually in the cooking too...gross.

higher up organs are great for casings and even would try the grilled ones
you see other cultures do on the barbq..

but the versions I've had/seen/smelled in the south were all the last few
feet..def not kosher...lol

KROM

"RodS" wrote in message ...

On 9/09/2011 7:35 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

"W. Baker" wrote in message
RodS wrote:
: On 7/09/2011 6:39 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
: do you like lots of sauce or just covered and crisped up? i don't
like so
: much on that it covers the meat, i also like beef and lamb, but
pork imho is
: best, Lee

: Yep the pig is the most succulent of animals ham bacon ribs and roast
: pork with crackling mmmm they say you can eat every part except the
: oink :-)

I thought you used the ears for making silk purses:-)

Wendy

lol

Never eaten them but have seen them crisped up on a BBQ and eaten that
way only on TV River Cottage :-) Not sure what he did with the curley tail.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/8/2011 1:25 AM, RodS wrote:
On 7/09/2011 9:11 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

I eat chicken with my hands, also salad with my hands I pick up chop
and steak bones too to get the last of the meat off

I have trouble using chopsticks, they really need a pointed end :-)
One of the funniest things was some Chinese friends who had tried to
teach me how to use chopsticks trying to eat pizza with a knife and fork
they were relieved when I told them it was traditionally eaten with your
hands :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

I've read that chopsticks were invented by some Chinese emperor
who was afraid of being harmed by the older dining tools, such
as knives, and therefore created something that allowed eating
but made it especially difficult to cause harm.

Robert Miles
Old 11-09-2011, 03:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" wrote in message
.com...
On 9/8/2011 1:25 AM, RodS wrote:
On 7/09/2011 9:11 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

I eat chicken with my hands, also salad with my hands I pick up chop
and steak bones too to get the last of the meat off

I have trouble using chopsticks, they really need a pointed end :-)
One of the funniest things was some Chinese friends who had tried to
teach me how to use chopsticks trying to eat pizza with a knife and fork
they were relieved when I told them it was traditionally eaten with your
hands :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

I've read that chopsticks were invented by some Chinese emperor
who was afraid of being harmed by the older dining tools, such
as knives, and therefore created something that allowed eating
but made it especially difficult to cause harm.

I don't know about that! Some of the decorative ones are pretty pointy!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

chizcurlz wrote:

: If you really want to get healthy, loss weight and burn fats then you
: should do exercise daily and proper diet as well.

: --
: chizcurlz

Not exactly news around here. many of us have done that or are in the
process and find a low carb way of eating to be very helpful and keeps the
bgs in line.

Wendy