FoodBanter.com

-   -   New Product for Me (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/410058-new-product-me.html)

W. Baker 09-08-2011 05:36 AM

New Product for Me

Today I was in Trader Joe's and found unsweetened cocoanut mlk with 1grama
of carb per 8oz cup. Seems unbelievable to me. I bought some but have
no idea what to do with it. I suppose use it the wayI use soy milk, etc,
making sure to add sufficient on-nutritive sweetener to compensate for the
unsweetened.

Wendy

Ozgirl 09-08-2011 06:08 AM

New Product for Me

Curries, satays to name a couple - pina colada... :)

Julie Bove[_2_] 09-08-2011 06:10 AM

New Product for Me

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Today I was in Trader Joe's and found unsweetened cocoanut mlk with 1grama
> of carb per 8oz cup. Seems unbelievable to me. I bought some but have
> no idea what to do with it. I suppose use it the wayI use soy milk, etc,
> making sure to add sufficient on-nutritive sweetener to compensate for the
> unsweetened.

Angela and I both like coconut but we didn't like the coconut milk that we
tried. I don't think it was unsweetened though. As I recall it was very
high in carbs. Which is why I only took a sip.

Storrmmee 09-08-2011 10:07 AM

New Product for Me

look around as there are as many tastes as there are coconut eaters, Lee

Storrmmee 09-08-2011 10:08 AM

New Product for Me

do you eat indain food? Lee

W. Baker 09-08-2011 05:51 PM

New Product for Me

Storrmmee > wrote:
: do you eat indain food? Lee

Sometimes.

Wendy

Storrmmee 09-08-2011 07:55 PM

New Product for Me

can be used at the sauce for some idishes, Lee

KROM 09-08-2011 09:52 PM

New Product for Me

I bought some a few month ago and it went bad in the fridge..lol

this stuff claimed to be coconut milk but was mostly water with guar gum
thickener so it was slimy and felt gross no mater what I used it in.

plus it was expensive.

maybe your stuff is real pure coconut milk...that would be great in
smoothies etc.

in my area I cant even find unsweetened shredded...drives me crazy

KROM

joe_sampson21 18-08-2011 02:46 PM

May be its new for you but its not new for me
its very common here in my country